Conservatism v Liberalism

BluePirate

I think we need to be more open to all people of all faiths and religions, i remember Colin Powell talking about people saying Obama was a muslim incorrectly and he paused and asked, "why should it matter?" Cause they kill Americans?

I think we need to push forwards in all kinds of sciences, including stem cell research.

I think cloning is a very important idea that needs to be pushed.

I believe we need to push scientific research way past what we are right now.

(the last three aren't necesarilly liberal or conservative, but you will find more liberals agreeing with that over conservatives) Why not, got to do something with mudered babies!

these are the two i have issue with, we already debated at length that not all Muslims kill americans, as a matter of fact a very small minority do, and even then. The reason there is so much radicalism in the region is due to guess what? Western intervention. we used it as a playground and when things didn't go our way we ditched the place, gee, i can't understand why they don't like us.

As for the science part.

the stem-cell research has evolved past using embryos and the government is starting to let that stuff slide which is good, but all the "ethical problems" with cloning are ridiculous. Also a lack of funding for science makes my heart sad. All the laughs from conservatives about "Obama's 3 million dollar projector" like it was a regular projector. The thing is amazing and could have easily inspired more than a handful of kids to take a greater interest in the sciences. Well worth the investment in my opinion. Then we have things like the Large Hadron Collider going on in Europe where we had the oppertunities to do the same things but either gave up or never gave the proper funding. We are talking a potential golden age of science that we are going to pass up ( oh no the black holes are going to gobble us up! ).

these are the two i have issue with, we already debated at length that not all Muslims kill americans, as a matter of fact a very small minority do, and even then. The reason there is so much radicalism in the region is due to guess what? Western intervention. we used it as a playground and when things didn't go our way we ditched the place, gee, i can't understand why they don't like us.

No kidding? The people in the World Trade Centers didn't intervene anywhere did they? And if you remember, Muslims celebrated all over the world, even here in America. And I could care less if the rest of the world likes us or not but they sure like the money we send to their countries.

As for the science part.

the stem-cell research has evolved past using embryos and the government is starting to let that stuff slide which is good, but all the "ethical problems" with cloning are ridiculous. Also a lack of funding for science makes my heart sad. All the laughs from conservatives about "Obama's 3 million dollar projector" like it was a regular projector. The thing is amazing and could have easily inspired more than a handful of kids to take a greater interest in the sciences. Well worth the investment in my opinion. Then we have things like the Large Hadron Collider going on in Europe where we had the oppertunities to do the same things but either gave up or never gave the proper funding. We are talking a potential golden age of science that we are going to pass up ( oh no the black holes are going to gobble us up! ).

That's the most pathetic collection of liberal drivel you've posted to date. Our fault Islamo-fascists don't like us? What a steaming hot pile.

Why is it that liberals feel like they MUST hate America and all we stand for? America is the most giving nation on the face of this earth. We have extended the right to vote to all adults. We can stand and say we don't like our President without reprucussion, at least for now. We are not a theocracy, but have freedom of religion to the extent the SCOTUS will allow. The very best place to live on the face of the earth, but according to you and all the other liberal America-haters, all the woes of the world are our fault. What a disgusting testament. How arrogant.

Absolutely pathetic.

I think Love is love and thus people should be free to love and be bonded(not marriage since you people are so uptight about that) with someone no matter the sex.

So I suppose you would not be in favor Prop 8 in California. Let me give you my reason for hoping it passes.

Should a doctor be forced to do invetrofertilazation for a lesbian couple, even if it's goes against his beliefs and there are other Dr. willing to do the proceedure? Should Catholic Charities, that handle thousands of adoptions be forced to help gay couples adopt a child even thought it is against their religion? Should Christian Pastors, Bishops or Preachers be forced to perform marriage ceremonies for gay couples? Should Churches be forced to rent there buildings for gay marriages even if it goes against their doctrine. Should a Church have to risk losing their tax exempt status because of it's disapproval of the homosexual lifestyle?

This is just my opinion, there is no evidence found on the vast internet to support it.

Also, I don't consider people that sit around and do nothing except take handouts to be a part of either group. They are the derelicts of the world.

I agree about them being derelicts but they claim and cling to the liberals for those handouts they depend on! Hence they are a part of the support of the liberal group!

why do i believe liberalism is better the conservatives? In the social sense?

I think Love is love and thus people should be free to love and be bonded(not marriage since you people are so uptight about that) with someone no matter the sex.

I think a woman has the right to choose what goes on with her body, and i believe she should be able to make that choice without being labeled a murderer and scorned in the community.

I think we need to be more open to all people of all faiths and religions, i remember Colin Powell talking about people saying Obama was a muslim incorrectly and he paused and asked, "why should it matter?"

I think we need to push forwards in all kinds of sciences, including stem cell research.

I think cloning is a very important idea that needs to be pushed.

I believe we need to push scientific research way past what we are right now.

(the last three aren't necesarilly liberal or conservative, but you will find more liberals agreeing with that over conservatives)

Just a few things.

That nails it! YOu are a wanna be hippie trying to cling to all of the left over hippies! Did you forget about the 60's. That era wa the staret of flushing this country down the toilet. People all of a sudden had a right do do what they wanted think they should have no repercussions, drug use exploded, STD's sky rocketed during these dopey days. I do not want to see a repeat of that happen to this country!

these are the two i have issue with, we already debated at length that not all Muslims kill americans, as a matter of fact a very small minority do, and even then. (1)The reason there is so much radicalism in the region is due to guess what? Western intervention. we used it as a playground and when things didn't go our way we ditched the place, gee, i can't understand why they don't like us.

As for the science part.

(2)the stem-cell research has evolved past using embryos and the government is starting to let that stuff slide which is good, but all the "ethical problems" with cloning are ridiculous. (3)Also a lack of funding for science makes my heart sad. All the laughs from conservatives about "Obama's 3 million dollar projector" like it was a regular projector. The thing is amazing and could have easily inspired more than a handful of kids to take a greater interest in the sciences. Well worth the investment in my opinion. Then we have things like the Large Hadron Collider going on in Europe where we had the oppertunities to do the same things but either gave up or never gave the proper funding. We are talking a potential golden age of science that we are going to pass up ( oh no the black holes are going to gobble us up! ).

1. Prove it. The reason there is so much radicalism is not that Americans are there. I guess if you think you can tie all the problems of the world in with your political enemies, you'll get extra credit or something. But you need evidence to support your baseless claim, and there isn't any. There is, however, a thousand year history of Muslim radicalism.

2. You don't even seem to know how to say what you're arguing. The Bush administration was the first ever to fund stem cell research. Something the government has no right to do. It even funded EMBRIONIC stem cell research, but restricted it to existing lines, so that those with a spinning moral compass wouldn't start producing clumps of cells for harvest to do 'experimentation'.

3. Again, the government's function is not to 'fund' science. If there's a reason to do something, it will be done. One of the ways we figure out how to use the scarce resources that exist is that someone is willing to put their money into it. You, on the other hand are willing to squander those resources because it's not your money.

Already, you want the US to duplicate a horrendously expensive european experiment, just so you can have your "golden age".

Again, you aren't that bright, are you?

(1stSuperScot @ Oct 21 2008, 05:04 PM)

THAT"S IT????????? THAT"S ALL YOU'VE GOT?????

In several hundred years of evolution smaller people became bigger people? That's is your strongest argument in support of Darwinian evolution? Are you sure it wasn't a George Bush conspiracy or maybe global warming?

...and you wonder why people here are mocking you?

that was a short post. i wasn't going to go into an hour long evolution dispute. if you really want me to send you all of the articles and information there here is my promise: you will have all the proof you need my friday, but i have to research for finals now, so i don't have time. i do hope you know there is a plethora of information. that was just a quick example.

I hope she shows up soon. I have things to do this weekend! :coolio:

That nails it! YOu are a wanna be hippie trying to cling to all of the left over hippies! Did you forget about the 60's. That era wa the staret of flushing this country down the toilet. People all of a sudden had a right do do what they wanted think they should have no repercussions, drug use exploded, STD's sky rocketed during these dopey days. I do not want to see a repeat of that happen to this country!

Med, your a little late. STD's are highly prevailent. Drug usage is what it is...