Pleasant Grove vs Mt Vernon

RedCreek49

Have not seen MV play but PG's offense is good and can score a bunch. PG's defense showed up big in the ATL game and was pretty stout in the LE game. I think they are on a roll through District that would only be stopped by themselves . . . which could happen if they don't play smart (avoiding fights, turnovers and penalities). The true measure of a great team vs. a good team is can they always win the ones they are suppose to win -- the MV game is one they are suppose to win. Are they great or just good???

PG continues their winning ways. Yes, they have talent, but coaching is the key to PG success. You hear me talk of the discipline and poise of this team. This is due to the leadership of Kevin Davis. As the Hawks continue through the season and into the playoffs their coaching will take them far. I wish them all the best. GO HAWKS!

i agree coaching is a big part of PG's success but the seniors on this team have created a real team attitude and play hard, the second element of their successful run to date. Based on the JV score i think PG wins by 4 TD's as well.

yes the coaching staff at pg is doing a great job, but the seniors on the team all contribute in a big way..

Texarkana Area All-Stars by 5 TDs against MV, too much talent, size and speed. The have a chance to go a long way in the playoffs.

One of our all stars got away a few years ago, I think he's QB at THS!

It's cool how quickly PG has become a powerhouse. Two years ago CH played them on their homecoming and they had like a seven game loosing streak. They beat us, the nest year they beat us twice on our Homecoming and in the secons round of the playoffs.

When you get some really talented move in's that goes along with some of the talent that is already there and mix that in with a coach that motivates his players to be good, the outcome is pretty impressive. Too bad we dont have that same combination in our team right now. We have the talent but no motivation. It is good to see a team that was constantly getting beat to finally getting a chance to take out those years of pummling on teams week in and week out. Can't root for them in district, but once playoffs start, our city will root for all teams that are in. THS, LE, PG, all are very capable of going deep, just need a little focus and determination. Good Luck Texarkana teams, looks like it could be another good year for us.

Strange things can and do happen in these situations when your expected to dominate. That being said, I think PG will dominate in the first half. Second string will play most of second half and coach will try not to run the score up during that half so MV will get some scores on the board then.

As others have commented, the coaching staff is wonderful here. Coach Davis treats all the players much better than the previous head coach, who was so 'classy' he and his coaching staff cussed PG players from the sidelines during their first encounter as opponents a couple of years ago. Of course he doesn't have the qualities that make up a good leader, instead he's more in line with Coach Jerry Glanville from the old Atlanta Falcon and Houston Oiler days.

Class is always better than being an TobinFrost.

Kudos to the real class act at PG. All teams should have coaching staff that treats their players so well.

That being said after holding it in for a couple of years, good luck to both teams tonight. I hope everyone plays and travels safely.

SavageHawk!