Duck Hunters

fiftysix

Went with a friend to a lease around Dawson this weekend and we had 7 ducks in 15 minutes.

2 redhead drakes, 1 canvas hen, 1 ringneck drake, 6 widgeons.

Does anyone else use blackclouds? I am amazed at the holes these shells leave. I have used them the second split and I am very impressed. I am just having a very hard time finding anything other than 2 shot and BBB or BB.

haven't hunted ducks at all this season due to my hunting accident, but I have used Black Clouds in the past. They are awesome....no doubt about it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will tear a duck up quick too. Last Saturday we had them landing on the outside edge of the spread so I made the switch from 3" to 3 1/2" to give me a little more distance(more like piece of mind). That Canvasback hen came in close and straight in, hit her with a 3 1/2" and she was already tenderized. Not too much longer and I will be back to looking for clearance sales on decoys, camo, and shells while counting down the days till next years Teal season.

We've been doing ok the last couple of times out. Had a good hunt in OK over the christmas break. I bet there will be some good hunts this weekend with that huge cold front pushing some new birds down. 6430ut

• 2 weeks later...

Well the season is over. Overall I would say I had a pretty good season. I still have not got a Mallard, I have had them just out of gun range but never any closer. I didn't go Saturday but I heard there were lots of ducks out and flying. My friends that went each got a pintail and said they could have shot their limits in pintails if it was legal.

Anybody know of any leases coming open? Not looking to spend more than about $1,500.

• 2 weeks later...