NB @ PG

kooldown54

NB pass defense had been...well...not that great...but the last couple of weeks has shown improvement. NB's strength on offence is definately the run. What has helped them in at least a couple of games is their depth. By that I mean they have players that play only offense or defense...they don't have to go both ways. That has been key in the 4th quarter...they begin to wear other teams down that have players go both ways. As for special teams...well they need to work on that. A few too many punts that hit the ground last week against ATL. The kicking game is all over the place. They have a way of shooting themselves in the foot by way of penalties and untimely turnovers. For NB to win, they must play all but perfect ball for 4 quarters.

NB's kicker Jordan Lawing has not kicked since the Ashdown game. He was injured with a high ankle sprain and probably won't kick the rest of the year.

GO LIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/color]

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you know how you hear rumors and such, everyone speculating. I believe everyone is Ok and ready to play. They’re like a lot of racehorses, can't wait to get out of the gate! I saw our RB running sprints like crazy yesterday and only looked faster. Our receiver was scorching the field and our QB was running and throwing like Vince Young. PG is ready to play.

Ohhh, it's that bad huh? :rolleyes:

Injuries Happen all the time. But to lose three in one game. the runner the best receiver and # 40 I'm not sure what he plays maybe fullback with a# like that is tough. If P.G beats new boston without all those guys Then there is no doubt how good P.G really is. I pick New Boston to upset them this week. Red Creek where is your son He hasnt played in a long time is he coming back this year? This would have been a great week to come back!

Injuries Happen all the time. But to lose three in one game. the runner the best receiver and # 40 I'm not sure what he plays maybe fullback with a# like that is tough. If P.G beats new boston without all those guys Then there is no doubt how good P.G really is. I pick New Boston to upset them this week. Red Creek where is your son He hasnt played in a long time is he coming back this year? This would have been a great week to come back!

Still tied up with contract disputes and guarantees. You know how it is once agents get involved. I hear he has a big lineman handling his negotiations and the holdout is based on how many triple cheeseburgers he can get in a week. He wants 100 and the coaches say 0. The lineman is hungry too so they are still a long way from coming to a settlement. It looks like I may have to come up with the Cheeseburgers!

NBDAD3 is correct NB has been without there best kicker since before district play....

Where are the LaToof kickers? Are they DeKalb, or New Boston? I remember one a couple of years back, and he had a family member around H.S. age now.

Are you talking about J W? I think they have won a few games since he graduated although I do agree he was really good.

He was good, 1st Team Center.

The Hawk O-Line is fine. One example: The Quarterback last Friday had so much time to look for a target on one play, he had stopped moving his feet! Flat-footed for a couple of seconds. It may not be regular like that, but looking at the balance of the attack, both run and pass have been good enough, evidently. They may be smaller than some might like, but gettin' it done!

Barker no doubt will have his team ready!!! Not sure the Hawks have anyone who can stop Wade (he is a beast of a running back). PG gave up a ton of yards to the NL running back and Wade looks to be a tad better. New Boston controls the clock, runs it down PG's throat. PG is dinged up and not used to playing a game at 8-0. Last two games have been closer than the scores indicate. NB is HOME. The LIONS want to prove themselves and this is the game to do it.

He was good, 1st Team Center.

The Hawk O-Line is fine. One example: The Quarterback last Friday had so much time to look for a target on one play, he had stopped moving his feet! Flat-footed for a couple of seconds. It may not be regular like that, but looking at the balance of the attack, both run and pass have been good enough, evidently. They may be smaller than some might like, but gettin' it done!

PG's offensive line has really done a great job this year. The same goes for the Defensive line. Before the season started some people were a little concerned because of all the ones who graduated and with all the underclassman. As it turned out they have all done an outstanding job!

Barker no doubt will have his team ready!!! Not sure the Hawks have anyone who can stop Wade (he is a beast of a running back). PG gave up a ton of yards to the NL running back and Wade looks to be a tad better. New Boston controls the clock, runs it down PG's throat. PG is dinged up and not used to playing a game at 8-0. Last two games have been closer than the scores indicate. NB is HOME. The LIONS want to prove themselves and this is the game to do it.

I do not disagree, Barker will have his team ready to play. He better have or things could go bad. PG has faced good backs before. The ones from Gladewater, Atlanta and North Lamar especially with their monster line at about 284 lbs per man. However, PG held them in check when it mattered the most and where it matter the most, in the fourth quarter and out of the endzone.

If we have to, I guess we can settle for winning the close games by 21 or more points. Times are tough you know!

It wont even be close.

PG 41

NB 14

PG is dinged up and not used to playing a game at 8-0. Last two games have been closer than the scores indicate. NB is HOME. The LIONS want to prove themselves and this is the game to do it.

I don't think that PG will be hurting on Defense. Dinged up may be a fitting term, but it in no way spells problem. The D has been their bread and butter.

I guess Wade will do his best, and the Defense will try to once again show they have what it takes to stop a feature player.