17-3A District Meet

Guest Bear_Den

Guest Bear_Den

Who will win this district? I know Spring Hill is tough year after year. Tatum always has some good runners as well. Gladewater didn't have a big turn out this year, but with the new coach, I'm sure he will have a very deep team for the 2009 season.

Who will win this district? I know Spring Hill is tough year after year. Tatum always has some good runners as well. Gladewater didn't have a big turn out this year, but with the new coach, I'm sure he will have a very deep team for the 2009 season.

Watch out for Bullard. Minta is running awesome and Bailee Callens is competing each week. Look for a showdown between Spring Hill and Bullard. Spring Hill probably the favorite. This will be an awesome meet for the girls.

Okay, I'll jump in here with both feet:

Girls Team: Spring Hill, Bullard, Gladewater

Boys Team: Spring Hill, Tatum, Gladewater

Girls Individual: Four girls stand out

Amber Moore (SH) has finished first at all seven meets she has run this year.

Minta Spears (BUL) top five finisher in most meets

Robin Beckham (GIL) state qualifier last year

Kayla Self (SH) top ten finisher in most meets

Fifth place could be any of these: Callens (BUL) Gomez (GW) Wood (SH)

Boys Individual:

First place should be a duel between Eduardo Tirado (TAT) and Gary Duncan (SH)

3-4-5 should be some combo of Dylin Moran (SH), Arturo Contreras (TAT), and Steven Marshall (GW)

I will indeed be there and look forward to seeing you. As a mattter of fact, I'll be out on the course this afternoon helping get it ready for the meet. My son is running well right now and hopes to still be competing on Nov. 15 in Round Rock.

Best of luck to your daughter and her teammates tommorrow.

By the way, the new course is very spectator friendly, unlike the one from the Aug 30 meet. With a little effort, you can see the girls twice and the boys three times mid-race plus the start and finish.

Do you think our old friend Iminthe truck might show up? I know he loves to watch a good xc meet.

Guest Bear_Den

Good luck to all of the competitors for tomorrow's meet. Could some please post the results as soon as everything is finalized.

Congratulations to S.H. for winning district in boys and girls cross country. Both the boys and girls teams showed their depth by placing 5 runners each in the top 10 which is a reflection of the outstanding coaching they are getting by Coach Edwards.

Amber Moore continued her undefeated season by winning the girls race.

Dylin Moran was the runner up for the boys after running a strong race.

Also congrats to Minta Spears for running a great race and being runner up as a Freshman. Bailee Callens, another Freshman from Bullard also ran a great race finishing fourth and she should be congratulated on her performance as well.

Good Luck to all these competitors at Regionals!

Congratulations to every runner who ran today. Cross country is such a great sport to find out what people are made of. Amber, you ran a great race and proved what hard work will do. Spring Hill should be proud of their XC program, trust me, this doesn't just happen because a lot of kids volunteer to run. It happens because you have a coach who has a passion for the sport and you have a great program.

I was proud of the Bullard lady panthers, they have five freshmen on the varsity and are eager to build a quality team.

Let me just share something without embarrassing this young lady. Kayla Self is such a great competitor and sportsman. Kayla showed a lot of guts today running with shin splints. If you have never had shin splints, trust me they hurt. Kayla got 5th place today and ran with a lot of heart. After the race she was the first to congratulate Minta and Bailey (who also won a special place in my heart today, with her effort). When I tried to ask Kayla about her shin splints she interrupted me and told me that was not an excuse and Minta and Bailey ran a great race. In today's world of people making excuses, it's refreshing to see such an awesome young lady show such maturity. This is a credit to her parents and coach.

Kayla, you know how much I think of you and please try to take it easy on us during basketball season. lol

Bailey, that's the way to compete. you go girl.

Good luck to all runners at Regional.

Just curious, why does Gilmer only have one runner, running XC? Robin, you ran a great race.

Congratulations to every runner who ran today. Cross country is such a great sport to find out what people are made of. Amber, you ran a great race and proved what hard work will do. Spring Hill should be proud of their XC program, trust me, this doesn't just happen because a lot of kids volunteer to run. It happens because you have a coach who has a passion for the sport and you have a great program.

I was proud of the Bullard lady panthers, they have five freshmen on the varsity and are eager to build a quality team.

Let me just share something without embarrassing this young lady. Kayla Self is such a great competitor and sportsman. Kayla showed a lot of guts today running with shin splints. If you have never had shin splints, trust me they hurt. Kayla got 5th place today and ran with a lot of heart. After the race she was the first to congratulate Minta and Bailey (who also won a special place in my heart today, with her effort). When I tried to ask Kayla about her shin splints she interrupted me and told me that was not an excuse and Minta and Bailey ran a great race. In today's world of people making excuses, it's refreshing to see such an awesome young lady show such maturity. This is a credit to her parents and coach.

Kayla, you know how much I think of you and please try to take it easy on us during basketball season. lol

Bailey, that's the way to compete. you go girl.

Good luck to all runners at Regional.

Just curious, why does Gilmer only have one runner, running XC? Robin, you ran a great race.

Ditto!!!! What an awesome display of class from Amber to Kayla down to each participant. I couldn't be prouder of every girl that participated today. This will be fun to watch for many years. It's rare and refreshing to see girls compete and respect one another at the same time. Kayla, you showed today what class looks like and gave all the competitors something to emulate. You and Bailee both gave us a sample of what sportsmanship should be and my hats off to you and your coach. I can't wait to see you all compete at regionals. Best of luck to Amber, Minta, Robin, Bailee, and Kayla. You girls are representing a whole lot more than just your high school, you are representing all of East Texas and I couldn't have chosen a finer bunch to do so. Knock 'em dead all of you.

I almost forgot, Bear Den you should be proud of the Gladewater runners, both boys and girls teams made it to regionals.

Coach Haggerty at Tatum has always been one of my favorite coaches. When I coached XC at Gilmer in the 90's he was at Tatum and year in and year out he has great XC and track teams. Congrats to Tatum!

I almost forgot, Bear Den you should be proud of the Gladewater runners, both boys and girls teams made it to regionals.

Coach Haggerty at Tatum has always been one of my favorite coaches. When I coached XC at Gilmer in the 90's he was at Tatum and year in and year out he has great XC and track teams. Congrats to Tatum!

Yes, Coach Haggerty is one of the greatest.

Sounds like it was a great day. I'm sorry I couldn't be there. Its hard to justify not being at work when you don't have a kid running. However, we are talking about being at the regional meet. It will remind me what it was like to drive to Dallas twice a week. Did coach set up a 5k for the girls and then convert the times so UIL thinks they ran 3200m? If not, there's always next year.

Ditto!!!! What an awesome display of class from Amber to Kayla down to each participant. I couldn't be prouder of every girl that participated today. This will be fun to watch for many years. It's rare and refreshing to see girls compete and respect one another at the same time. Kayla, you showed today what class looks like and gave all the competitors something to emulate. You and Bailee both gave us a sample of what sportsmanship should be and my hats off to you and your coach. I can't wait to see you all compete at regionals. Best of luck to Amber, Minta, Robin, Bailee, and Kayla. You girls are representing a whole lot more than just your high school, you are representing all of East Texas and I couldn't have chosen a finer bunch to do so. Knock 'em dead all of you.

Kind words from you and Daniellions, I also was very proud to watch all these kids compete yesterday, they all want it very badly and they lay it on the line. I think they know and respect each other so much because they know the amont of time and dedication this sport takes. With the kind of competition and heart I saw yesterday these runners are going to continue to push each other to new heights.

Amber, Minta, and Robin all ran fantastic races, that goes without saying, there times were spectacular and they will all do great at Regionals. Amber is truly amazing to me and her work ethic and mindset is inspiring to watch.

I was focused at the end of the race on the battle for 4th place, when Kayla made a move in the turn Bailee responded and had more fuel in the tank and she was able to beat Kayla to take 4th place. Bailee ran a great race staying about 10 yards behind Kayla the whole race until they came into the track and then she passed Kayla and Bailee had more in reserve at the end and was able to take 4th place.

I'm not a runner, never have been, but I enjoy watching two athletes compete for the prize and lay their heart on the line and I saw that yesterday.I look forward to watching the next race and I hope I get to see that same kind of desire.

I would also like to point out the girl who finished in 6th place, Kelsi Cowin, she ran her best time of the season by a long shot and I was proud to see the fight and determination Kelsi showed.

I wish all these athletes the best of Luck, you have all proven to be Champions and I feel confident you will make not only your school but East Texas proud at Regionals.

Sounds like it was a great day. I'm sorry I couldn't be there. Its hard to justify not being at work when you don't have a kid running. However, we are talking about being at the regional meet. It will remind me what it was like to drive to Dallas twice a week. Did coach set up a 5k for the girls and then convert the times so UIL thinks they ran 3200m? If not, there's always next year.

LOL! That is a wonderful idea!

C'mon and make that drive to Humble, its closer than Arizona!!

LOL! That is a wonderful idea!

C'mon and make that drive to Humble, its closer than Arizona!!

Congrats to the Springhill and Bullard girls! I love to see runners show up and compete....I love this sport! Springhill is lucky to have a great coach..she is passionate about what she does and it shows!! She's made a huge impact already at Springhill, in fact if it wasn't for her I probably never would have been a "distance" runner at all! Thanks Coach Smith-Edwards for talking me into running the 2 mile over a decade ago...it changed my life!