BCS National Championship Scenario

Longhorn Fan

I just hope that we end up with two undefeated teams playing for the NC. that is the only way that the bcs works (ex: Texas/USC). other than that you end up with a mess (ex: last year).

Or maybe Texas/'bama.

I don't see why this prospect is so fascinating. It's not going to magically force the NCAA to go to a playoff format; it will just be a rematch and rematches are boring.

I hope and pray that we are not forced to sit through a UT/OU national title game.

boring for who? yea Texas won the first one, but if Penn State and Alabama lose and OU wins out. why should any other team, including Florida be in the National Championship game instead of OU. They lost as #1 and the team that beat them is now #1. OU would have better wins and a better lose than Florida. the only argument would be that OU has already had there shot at UT and Florida should get theres. which...i agree with.

I am going to pose this question and somebody tell why it would or why it would not happen:

Lets say Texas Texas finishes unbeaten. Lets say Oklahoma does not lose another game. Lets say that Alabama takes one on the chin and lets say that Penn State does as well. If Oklahoma moves to #2, and that is where they sit after the Conference Championship games.........what happens?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you had to be a conference champion to play for the NC. In this scenario Texas would more than likely play USC, maybe the Fla-UGa winner.

so if u still win the games and have a terrible defense, you can't play for the NC...oh silly me

Yep... Because if their defense is good to stop the OU offense, they'll lose.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you had to be a conference champion to play for the NC. In this scenario Texas would more than likely play USC, maybe the Fla-UGa winner.

That's what I've been saying and people take my thoughts as rubbish.

OU lost to Kstate in the conf championship a few years ago then got beat by LSU in the national championship game. But as it stands now, OU isn't even the best in their division of the conference. I don't see how you can justify a national championship game without at least making your conference championship game.

Yep... Because if their defense is good to stop the OU offense, they'll lose.

so get this. if you WIN like i said. they wont lose. i understand if a team can shut down their offense they will stand a chance. but if the other teams puts 100 on ou's d and the offense puts up 101 hey, its a win

OU lost to Kstate in the conf championship a few years ago then got beat by LSU in the national championship game. But as it stands now, OU isn't even the best in their division of the conference. I don't see how you can justify a national championship game without at least making your conference championship game.

tech has ut at home. tech could get the upset

then tech has to come to norman. i still think OU's defense is better than Techs.

but then OU has to go to stillwater.

this could become a mess