Silva vs Cote

Guest Huck

Guest imyahuckleberry

Went to a friends house Saturday night and was anticipating a better fight than this. Cote says he hurt his knee and maybe he did but I think all he wanted to do was make it to the third round and throw in the towel.

All the undercard matches were dissappointing as well.

Guest CNOrtega

I was hoping for a Koscheck victory, but given that he only had two weeks to prepare I can understand why he lost.

Silva just doesn't impress me. He's a big fish in a small pond division.

Guest imyahuckleberry

The Kosheck fight was the best of the night.

As far as Silva, I think he's the best in any class. No one has come close to him lately.

The Silva fight was pretty disappointing, but he is head and shoulders above the rest of the competition in that weight class. The only thing Cote had going for him was that he wasn't knocked out yet, those rounds easily went to Silva.

Overall I enjoyed most of the fights, loved that KO punch by Dos Santos that was just crazy.

White really needs to find someone that will challenge Silva and f that's someone at 205, then so be it.

I dunno, If he is serious about his retiring at the end of his contract then I don't see him fighting at 205 again(unless he already has another fight scheduled?) He gave reasons before about not wanting to fight at 205 seriously, plus I mean if he is going to retire soon it would be in his best interest to just continue to dominate his division and end his career on the top of the mountain, yanno?

Guest CNOrtega

Losses to Jardine and Evans didn't help, either. If they put Liddell against Silva, the name of the event would be UFC (enter number here): The Passion of the Iceman

Losses to Jardine and Evans didn't help, either. If they put Liddell against Silva, the name of the event would be UFC (enter number here): The Passion of the Iceman

HAHAHAH! I love the title.

Seriously though, it is getting ridiculous how they keep putting Liddel in all these big matches just to watch him lose spectacularly. The guy has no chin, and everbody has figured his game out. He is done. Stop putting him in main events. He is a waste of money at this point. In fact, Chuck wouldn't even be Anderson's hardest fight. He would destroy Liddell even worse than Rampage, Jardin, and Evans combined.