Mini footballs

5starboss

I try to collect as many as I can get my hands on to give to my 20 month old boy. I know it depends where you sit. Most cheerleaders can't throw past the 1st 7-8 rows. It also helps to have an offense that scores 1-2 TD's each quarter.

I have dropped 2, and caught 5 and my father-in-law gave one to me as well.

I have personally caught three this year. The first two were pretty easy catches, nice accurate passes right between the numbers. On the third one, I had to make a spectacular catch. I positioned myself between the cheerleader and the defender, then I went up and caught the ball at the highest possible point (as I was coached to do). I used my large 6'3" - 225 lb. frame to shield off the defender, and brought the ball down. SCORE!!!! :clap:

Of course it helped that the defender was a 4", 50 lb., nine-year old girl, but it was still a nice catch.

:blink:

I usually am going deep on the patterns and the QB doesn't have the arm to get them to me. However, when I run the underneath routes (usually at the visitor's stadium) I am usually used as a decoy so I let the younger ones get all of the glory because I already have HOF numbers. In my day though...I would snag anything remotely close.

2 footballs, gave one to my gf's little girl and one to my sis. one frisbee, gave it to the kid two rows in front of me. and one rally towel, via the people in front of me who already had one.

and we have a cheerleader that routinely tosses the mini-footballs all the way to the press box (20-something rows), the girl's got a rocket for an arm, pretty amazing.

My daughter is a cheerleader and has been for six years counting jr hi and I haven't caught one yet. I guess she doesn't play favorites or i can't catch. To say that Cheerleaders can't throw is not a fair statement. I was at the Westwood-Diboll playoff game last year. It was played at Lufkin, big school,big stadium. One of the Westwood cheerleaders ,who used to play softball for me when she was younger threw a football from the track all the way up to the pressbox. WHAT AN ARM!! I've had never seen anything like it.

Most cheerleaders can't throw past the 1st 7-8 rows.

We had a cheerleader two weeks ago that threw the ball plum over the stands and the home stands in Henderson are tall, probably 30 or so rows.

It's was a nice spiral, was about 8-10 feet taller than the railing at the top of the stands. Nice arm.

I used to try and catch them all the time, but don't anymore. They won't throw them on the sidelines. Bummer!

Jacksonville has switched footballs this year. Instead of yellow they're gold this year. But not a Jacksonville gold, more of a Notre Dame gold. Though I've found that these new mini footballs have better grip than in years past. So I expect my stats to increase this year if the cheerleaders will throw them my way again. I don't know what's going on with the cheer coach. It's simple, when you give me the ball we win. As long as we're winning I'll be happy but when we start to lose is when I get frustrated.

While you would never get him to admit it, cheapy has a gigantic mini-football collection. Somewhere close to a 1000. His attitude is "If I go home with less than 13, it's been a slow night."

Dude makes diving catches, much to the chagrin of surrounding fans and children.

I've been in a slump this year. There have been several games where I haven't caught 1 single pass. But against Chapel Hill I had 5 catches, 2 in one play. I literally caught one in my right hand and as soon as I turned around saw another one coming to my left and caught it with the left hand. That was a career night for me.

I've pretty much mastered the tip drill. If it's within an arms reach of me, 9 times out of 10 it's mine. I usually just tip it up to myself and haul it in. Fun stuff. I've fallen over old ladies to make the catch before. Gotta sacrafice the body sometimes.

We had a cheerleader two weeks ago that threw the ball plum over the stands and the home stands in Henderson are tall, probably 30 or so rows.

It's was a nice spiral, was about 8-10 feet taller than the railing at the top of the stands. Nice arm.

I used to try and catch them all the time, but don't anymore. They won't throw them on the sidelines. Bummer!

I've seen the cheerleaders from Henderson chunk them into the stands. I was at the Navasota-Henderson game in Lufkin and they put one way up on the home side. Made a one-handed catch. I was planning on catching the next one with my mouth but decided against it because I did not feel like having a black eye instead.

I have not gotten one in the press box all year. There are usually 2-3 cheerleaders that can throw 6-7 rows up at the stadiums we are playing in, but not this year. Next years cheerleader fantasy throwing draft will be slim pickins. Sounds like the girl from Westwood might be the #1 pick unless she is graduating. I haven't even gotten close at a pep rally.