Sopranos Season 4 DVD released TODAY!!!!

cheaptrick77

that show has been one of my quiet little pleasures for the last 4 years. i canceled HBO last year and didnt get to see all of the 4th season so i don't know how it ended.

i think i'm going to end up purchasing the entire series on DVD in the next year or two just because it's such a good show to watch.

admited it's violent, gory and has a little too much sex but, its been so well acted, directed and written it's just been hard not to watch.

one of my favorite shows was when they "whacked" the guy who's name happens to be synonomus with a womans body parts. that was a classic!

Originally posted by rabfan

...admittedly it's violent, gory and has a little too much sex but, its been so well acted, directed and written it's just been hard not to watch.

Well said -- it is written like a movie..........each episode could pass as a movie!

I am a new fan of the show -- I finally gave in to all the critical acclaim & recently spent two straight weekends watching seasons 1-3 (via Blockbuster & Hastings rentals). I was immediately hooked!

I have not seen season 4, so I am really looking forward to October 28th. I will be adding HBO to my cable lineup in early 2004, when season 5 begins...

Brent

Originally posted by cheaptrick77

I have not seen season 4...

Brent

Then man, do I have some bad news for you. Season Four SUCKED!!!

We (Mrs. T for Texas and I) aaaaaaaalllllllmost stopped watching it. The writing was sub-par, and the story lines were horribly inconsistent. A bad drop-off IMO.

Originally posted by T for Texas

Season Four (was awful)!!!

We (Mrs. T for Texas and I) aaaaaaaalllllllmost stopped watching it. The writing was sub-par, and the story lines were horribly inconsistent. A bad drop-off IMO.

T - you are not the first person to tell me that.

I will still purchase the DVD on 10-28 & watch it!

Originally posted by BoBellCrew

...I thought Gandolfini took HBO to court putting the show on hiatus?

He did not take them to court, he held out for $1 million an episode -- he got it, they are currently shooting Season 5..........'should air circa February/March 2004.

• 2 months later...

I tried to watch this show once and thought that I might try to start watching it regularly, but as soon as I clicked it on, I saw a large woman putting a "toy" to a little dweeby fella. I'm sure that's not the norm for the show, but the first impression wasn't really to good for me. LOL.