NB / LE

kooldown54

NB@LE  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes it?

• NB
    • LE

It is a horrible thought that NB, with a record of (possibly) 8-2 could miss the playoffs. I also dont agree that L.E. with a .500 record should make it over them. It is a messed up scenario. I do hope that L.E. beats NB, it would be an upset... period. But I also (don't kill me L.E. fans) would rather see a team that has won 80% of their games go on before a team that has won 50% of theirs (no matter what the schedule looked like before district). A game is a game and and win/loss is a win/loss in or out of district.

I might agree with you if the teams played in non-district play were more similar, but I do not think it unfair. The nature of pre-district play is interesting, but not relevant to playoffs, only the schools record overall.

District record is what counts for playoff, your record versus other 3A teams. The district is surely topsy-turvey from all the upsets and unexpecteds!

If LE were to win, They would be tied with New Boston with 3-2, and by virtue of head-to-head, be entitled to a # 3 seed.IF PG loses to PITT, The Leopards would need to win by 16 to stay in 3rd.

(I think MRKNOWITALL had the Tiebreaker I did not see.)

New Boston controls their own destiny. Win and In. They can claim a 4-1 First Place, and share with Pitt or PG, and the Bragging rights goes to the team in both scenarios that won the head-to-head.

If they lose, (and/or the Pitt Win +LE by 21), then the 2 District losses to Pitt and LE (now playoff teams) will be what hurt them.

Edited by futfan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might agree with you if the teams played in non-district play were more similar, but I do not think it unfair. The nature of pre-district play is interesting, but not relevant to playoffs, only the schools record overall.

District record is what counts for playoff, your record versus other 3A teams. The district is surely topsy-turvey from all the upsets and unexpecteds!

If LE were to win, They would be tied with New Boston with 3-2, and by virtue of head-to-head, be entitled to a # 3 seed.IF PG loses to PITT, The Leopards would need to win by 21 to stay in 3rd.

(I think MRKNOWITALL had the Tiebreaker I did not see.)

New Boston controls their own destiny. Win and In. They can claim a 4-1 First Place, and share with Pitt or PG, and the Bragging rights goes to the team in both scenarios that won the head-to-head.

If they lose, (and/or the Pitt Win +LE by 21), then the 2 District losses to Pitt and LE (now playoff teams) will be what hurt them.

See Smoaky's official playoff thread for the low down on the tie breaker...for LE to advance they have to beat NB by 16 and PG has to lose. Less than that and NB goes.

See Smoaky's official playoff thread for the low down on the tie breaker...for LE to advance they have to beat NB by 16 and PG has to lose. Less than that and NB goes.

But he had the Score differential at something less than 27 (Score was 41-14) for the LE/PG game. I'm not sure if that will factor, but if Pitt WIns and LE wins by "X" it will be an interesting night.

EDIT: I guess the district tiebreaker rules contain an 18 point maximum for differential?

Edited by futfan

But he had the Score differential at something less than 27 (Score was 41-14) for the LE/PG game. I'm not sure if that will factor, but if Pitt WIns and LE wins by "X" it will be an interesting night.

I think it has to do with district rules on point tie breakers...anything over a certain number of points doesn't matter...to keep teams from running up scores...something like that...

Or I maybe wrong....

Guest bearbacker

Untrue.... If LE wins & PG wins..... LE is in. If PG loses, then LE has to win by 17.

I think it has to do with district rules on point tie breakers...anything over a certain number of points doesn't matter...to keep teams from running up scores...something like that...

Or I maybe wrong....

Me too. I don't have the District tie-breaker rules for 16-3A at my disposal.

Smoaky may have inside info we are not privvy to. (Ya tink?)

Anyway, it'll be done soon.

All in all it's just another brick in the wall..

MV5BMTQxODgwODM2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTAx

I will take New Boston............I will take disciplined, consistant teams over ones that seem to be on a rollercoaster ride.

L-E can play well but they have also layed some large eggs too. New Boston seems to be more steady.

NB 28

LE 14

Gotta plead the 5th on this one! Get to go see this one. Have a son coaching at LE and NB! I will just hope the best team wins! Guess one will have bragging rights! Can't wait to see it!

Go Leopards! Go Lions!

So you'll be sitting on one side for one half and the other side for the other half...........

Guest bearbacker
Right...except LE must win by 16...according to the info on the playoff thread.

I think you might be right, but 17 avoids any confusion whatsoever.

I think you might be right, but 17 avoids any confusion whatsoever.

If the 18 point max is the correct maximum, then LE has -18 and New Boston +14.

A 16 point game would make them both -2, and the second tiebreaker is head-to-head.

(All this is only if Pitt and LE win.)

New Boston beat Hughes Springs 12-0.

:thumbsup: THANKS FOR VERIFYING THAT!!!! I THINK THE FANS HAVE ALOT TO DO WITH KEEPING THE BOYS "FIRED UP". WE ARE READY FOR SOME FOOOOOTTBAALLLL FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!! GO GET "EM LIONS. WE BELIEVE !!!!!!

:coolball: ONCE AGAIN, PROUD SUPPORTER OF NEW BOSTON LION BASEBALL AND FOOTBALL!!! :notworthy:

So if NB and PG both win, then NB wins the District Title outright, right? Since they beat PG head-to-head, that would only make sense. Man, who should I root for in the PG/Pitt game? PG, so if we both win then NB will win district because of head-to-head, or Pitt, so in case NB lost to LE somehow, we'd still be in as long as we didn't lose by 16, but then Pitt would win district outright because of head-to-head...Let's just win NB and erase all doubt & scenarios.

And macdad, yes, after watching video, NB actually scored on the TD pass with 30 seconds left, but the ref called him out of bounds, he was clearly in. I'm pretty sure NB could've held Pitt from scoring for 30 seconds, but we can never go back and give NB a 1 pt. lead with 30 seconds left and replay it from there, but it doesn't matter, I was just accentuating my point in an earlier post...just #### NB possibly missed out on an undefeated regular season like that (they've had 1 since 1943, back in 1984 I believe, same year they went 33-0 and won state in 3A basketball..great year for NB).

So if NB and PG both win, then NB wins the District Title outright, right? Since they beat PG head-to-head, that would only make sense. Man, who should I root for in the PG/Pitt game? PG, so if we both win then NB will win district because of head-to-head, or Pitt, so in case NB lost to LE somehow, we'd still be in as long as we didn't lose by 16, but then Pitt would win district outright because of head-to-head...Let's just win NB and erase all doubt & scenarios.

When 2 teams have identical records, one is not called "Outright" district champion.

If NB and PG win, they call it Co-Champions, because they both have one loss. The head to head is used only for seeding in playoffs.

If PG loses, and NB wins, NB and Pitt are CO-Champions.

(I know, it bites, I don't agree with the sound of the title, either, but you have to take care of All district opponents!)

The "OUTRIGHT" title will only be if PITT wins, and NB loses, for PITT, or if LE wins and PG wins, for PG.

Outright would mean being alone in first place with a 4-1 record.

The spoiler for the outright title would have been the loss to Pittsburg in that case.

Pitt, If they had not lost to Atlanta, could have made it REALLY Interesting!!!

As I mentioned in another post, I do not like the sound of it. I do not change with the seasons. I think that the 1,2,and 3 should be just that. BUt, I don't have a say in the rules, just in opinion.

As you say, let them play, and it will work out.

Guest Shuckemup
And macdad, yes, after watching video, NB actually scored on the TD pass with 30 seconds left, but the ref called him out of bounds, he was clearly in.

Jockstrap...where did you actually watch this video?