Eusatace @ Van

District title  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Eustace
    • Van

This game has no playoff implications, as Van will be the DI representative, and Eustace will be the top DII representative, as they have beaten both Kemp and Canton, who are the potential 3rd playoff teams. All this game is for will be the district championship. Will the teams rest some of their players for the playoffs?, or will they go hard after that district championship?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya a district championship would be nice :thumbsup: Also, i have really undersetimated Eustace this year. They have had a good season, and have seemed to play very hard from what i have heard. Im excited about this coming Friday. It is also Van's Senior Night! Good luck boys...

Van- 42

Eustace- 28

Van- 42

Eustace- 28

"oh ye of little faith"

I just dont get it every week its the same thing last week you predicted canton would put 35 on us now your predicting eustace a running team will be able to put up 28?? im not saying anything but..... 28 would be the most any team has scored on us all season...Lets go get em Red!!District Champs!!

"oh ye of little faith"

I just dont get it every week its the same thing last week you predicted canton would put 35 on us now your predicting eustace a running team will be able to put up 28?? im not saying anything but..... 28 would be the most any team has scored on us all season...Lets go get em Red!!District Champs!!

I agree. I dont think the Vandal defense will give up 28 to a run oriented offense. Mineola was the last one they played, and they ended up with 33 yards rushing for the game.

KC

"oh ye of little faith"

No all im saying is that if Van gets up ahead and they want to REST their players, then Eustace will probably score more points than expected. Why are trying to start anything man? Why dont you just stick to playing football and stay off this website. O and by the way...i love the name change. lol its all about the number huh? By the way...great game the other night. But what do you know... When you took people out at the end...they scored points :thumbsup: good luck friday 44! ill be there.

Is this Eustace's first playoff appearance since '97? I can't remember them making since then and they had a great team then going 11-0 before getting beat by Commerce in round 2.

Yes Eustace hasn't made the playoffs since 1997. Had some good talent this decade but its hard to win when you change coaches every one or two years...

It would be cool to see the Bulldogs get a district title seeing how almost everyone picked 'em last, or second to last, in this district.

Yes Eustace hasn't made the playoffs since 1997. Had some good talent this decade but its hard to win when you change coaches every one or two years...

It would be cool to see the Bulldogs get a district title seeing how almost everyone picked 'em last, or second to last, in this district.

I am one of the ones who figured they would be close to the cellar. Good job guys. Sorry I didnt give you more credit. I know a couple of the kids from Eustace and they are competitors. Good luck in the playoffs.

KC

No all im saying is that if Van gets up ahead and they want to REST their players, then Eustace will probably score more points than expected. Why are trying to start anything man? Why dont you just stick to playing football and stay off this website. O and by the way...i love the name change. lol its all about the number huh? By the way...great game the other night. But what do you know... When you took people out at the end...they scored points :thumbsup: good luck friday 44! ill be there.

Thanks lol I saw you up in the stands are you 7 foot yet cuz we could use that kinda height at receiver like last year maybe slip the old jersey on and moss a few folks haha! and I was not trying to start anything with you Peyton just reflecting on your prediction. I guess I'll see you at the game one more time at "Van Memorial Stadium" Can You Believe It!!

Not saying you did, but don't blame Eustace's lack of success in the early part of this decade on the coaching that was there. There were plenty of truly talented coaches there who have since moved on.

Dont go into this one comparing Mineola to Eustace they are very different teams and there are running games and then there are running games, Eustace has been underated since day one. Just like this district, I seem to remember reading multiple times weakest district in the state, Vandals or Bulldogs prove them wrong. My prediction for this game is

Eustace 14

Van 7

Not saying you did, but don't blame Eustace's lack of success in the early part of this decade on the coaching that was there. There were plenty of truly talented coaches there who have since moved on.

The coaches that were there were not in place long enough to build a program, This is the 1st really good coach and staff that has been allowed to remain long enough to build on the available talent since Coach Brown left 5 or 6 years ago

Dont go into this one comparing Mineola to Eustace they are very different teams and there are running games and then there are running games, Eustace has been underated since day one. Just like this district, I seem to remember reading multiple times weakest district in the state, Vandals or Bulldogs prove them wrong. My prediction for this game is

Eustace 14

Van 7

I really dont think they will have much success running the ball against Van's defense. They are tough, especially against the run.

Van plays Lucas Lovejoy at Mesquite's Hanby Stadium on Thursday, November 13 at 7:30 PM. I think they are gonna be resting several key players in the game vs. Eustace this Friday.

KC

Thats my thinking as well and why I think this will be a low scoreing game, while winning district can be an attractive goal I think both head Coaches are smaart enough to keep an eye on the prize, I look for key players to sit unless absolutley needed niether team has to win here so while I think both teams are agressive sometimes you have to play with your head as well as your heart. I think Eustace will have trouble with the Van offense if all starters play and I think Eustace may surprise the Van defense if all of their starters play. Bottom line is this win worth the risk of losing a key player for the playoffs.

I see Eustace finally being outmatched physically up front. Van has allot of players that are playing very good right now. #55,#44 and #17 on defense are all great defenders. Their QB doesn't make mistakes and is a really good athlete. Is Pennington going to play? What about the Rb who has been hurt? Good luck to both teams. Stay healthy and go represent this district in the PLAYOFFS.

I see Eustace finally being outmatched physically up front. Van has allot of players that are playing very good right now. #55,#44 and #17 on defense are all great defenders. Their QB doesn't make mistakes and is a really good athlete. Is Pennington going to play? What about the Rb who has been hurt? Good luck to both teams. Stay healthy and go represent this district in the PLAYOFFS.

RB (Mike Terry) will be playing. Others will play only a limited amount is what I heard. Not sure about Pennington, he played a little against Canton. I dont know if they are gonna expand that once the playoffs start. I would think that if he is physically capable of playing, then he will play in the playoffs.

I don't believe that ANY one should be concerned about pre-season "polls"... They (Dave Campbell, etc.) said that Van would finish third behind Wills Point and Canton, so, that was not and IS not of concern any longer... All teams in this district have proven themSELVES, right? Van and Eustace are BOTH playing some HARD-hitting ball and we will BOTH be there under the lights on Friday Night! Rose-colored (red rose, of course!) as my glasses are, I say Vandals by 17. :bounce:

LOVE the hair!

I don't believe that ANY one should be concerned about pre-season "polls"... They (Dave Campbell, etc.) said that Van would finish third behind Wills Point and Canton, so, that was not and IS not of concern any longer... All teams in this district have proven themSELVES, right? Van and Eustace are BOTH playing some HARD-hitting ball and we will BOTH be there under the lights on Friday Night! Rose-colored (red rose, of course!) as my glasses are, I say Vandals by 17. :bounce:

LOVE the hair!

Go Bulldogs beat Van!!!!!!!!!!