PITT VS. PG!

Kojack

i see this as the best game of the district for both teams. they're gonna put their all into it to be number one. I think pittsburg has the edge since they won and PG lost. so im lookin for pitt to come out early and try to put them down and keep them down. but good luck to all the games going on friday.

There's no district like 16-3a

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Pitt has a pro-type QB that we could see on Saturdays one day, has that needed "swagger". If PG would run more with Threatt (only 8 carries against NB?), or do some bootlegs with Graves, I don't think Pitt's defense can stop it. I think PG will actually pull this one out by a TD...

I'll take Pitt...#15 should help out quite a bit, he is a great runner, and is hard to tackle...saw him run through a group of about 7 or so Mt. Vernon players with only 2 blockers last Friday night, he left the pileup and scored a TD..of course, I haven't seen PG play this year-but I'll still stick with Pitt...

Final Score: 27 Pitt...16 PG

PG is coming off a very physical ballgame, the most physical one I’ve seen them in since last year’s PG & LE game. In that game PG held their own and actually won the physical battle between the two teams. They were determined to be the toughest team on the field, they wanted the game more and was not going to be pushed around, they took the game. Last Friday PG lost the physical battle and was physically beaten on the field for whatever reason. I know the PG team is just as tough as anyone but they did not step up and show it, maybe the other team just wanted it more! You have to be hungry, New Boston was and PG was earlier in the season. If the team you are playing wants to win more than you, they will win at least 9 out of 10 times.

It all comes to who blocks and tackles the best, hell, anybody can run but not everybody can or is willing to block and tackle. To block someone you have to get eye to eye and it's not easy. To tackle someone you need to get head up, not necessarily face to face, smash in with a shoulder and wrap your arms around them, it hurts sometimes too! You have to be willing and you have to want to do it, it takes effort, heart and desire. No reaching and garbing or running into someone without wrapping up, and not tackle shoulders height either.

If this PG team wants to prove they are as good as or better than last year’s PG team it's time to step back up and prove it. It's how you respond from this past lost that will define you as a team. All will need to be determined not just half! Everyone on the team needs to know that they can determine the outcome of the game regardless of what position they play. You yourself and help your team win the game as much as anyone else. Do not wait for someone else on the team to make the play to win the game, make it yourself. If you wait for someone else to make the play you’re just riding on someone else's coattails or along for the ride. Heck, drive the car!

This is another game that will come down to who wants the game the most and who is willing to work the hardest to take it from the other team. Who will be the toughest team on the field?

I say this week the Hawk to a lot of Soul searching and find the team that was once out to show the would who they were and had something to prove and not the team who eventually thought they had aleady proved themselves! The last Game in Leon Blake, that alone should insill enough pride for the victory. Throw in at least a share of the District Championship, I say...

PG 34, Pitt 14.

After looking at Smoaky's playoff thread and seeing all that might take place...I have to backtrack on pulling for the Hawks and pull for Pitt. A Pitt win will help NB get in...just in case they lose to LE by less than 15 points...it's all a little confusing, but thanks to Smoaky and others for making it clear as mud.

After looking at Smoaky's playoff thread and seeing all that might take place...I have to backtrack on pulling for the Hawks and pull for Pitt. A Pitt win will help NB get in...just in case they lose to LE by less than 15 points...it's all a little confusing, but thanks to Smoaky and others for making it clear as mud.

I can't blame you! You gotta root for who helps ya'!

I think that one of the previous posters has it right. If they can stop Burns, they should win. If they have trouble like with Wade, well let's hope not!

Hawks 35

Pitt 14

Hawks lose to PITT. They have peaked, are hurt and don't seem to be playing with the same intensity they had earlier in the year. Pitt can pass enough to make you respect it. PG must have turnovers to win, if not PITT wins like NB did.

I don't know if they need turnovers to win, but they sure have capitalized on them in the past.Good teams need to run well on Offense, Defense, and Special teams to go deep postseason.

It was kinda hard to intercept on New Boston, when they didn't pass a lot! (I can't blame them. Gotta stop #2 first) They still hit hard enough to get a fumble or 2.

I don't know if I agree about peaking, and I know their intensity has been turned up a notch by the reality check the Lions gave them. Maybe that will be what they need for motivation.

I don't know if they need turnovers to win, but they sure have capitalized on them in the past.Good teams need to run well on Offense, Defense, and Special teams to go deep postseason.

It was kinda hard to intercept on New Boston, when they didn't pass a lot! (I can't blame them. Gotta stop #2 first) They still hit hard enough to get a fumble or 2.

I don't know if I agree about peaking, and I know their intensity has been turned up a notch by the reality check the Lions gave them. Maybe that will be what they need for motivation.

Yea I believe that the loss was actually a good thing for PG.

I may be wrong, but it seems that there are very good, well coached teams who lose games like PG lost last week to a very physical NB team, who realize that they have been punched in the mouth... and then they use that loss to motivate them to bigger things (like a strong playoff showing). I am thinking that this is what the Hawks will experience. The NB loss may be the best thing that Coach Davis and his Hawks could have had happen to them (long term). Texarkana is pulling for the Hawks.