Texas #4 in BCS!

wildcatphs

This is where I thought they would be. :thumbsup:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3679014

BCS standings (Week 3)

ESPN.com

Updated: November 2, 2008, 7:50 PM ET

With Texas falling to Texas Tech in dramatic fashion Saturday, Alabama has ascended to the top spot in the latest BCS standings.

Here's a quick look at the top 10:

1. Alabama

2. Texas Tech

3. Penn State

4. Texas

5. Florida

6. Oklahoma

7. USC

8. Utah

9. Oklahoma State

10. Boise State

This is where I thought they would be. :thumbsup:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3679014

BCS standings (Week 3)

ESPN.com

Updated: November 2, 2008, 7:50 PM ET

With Texas falling to Texas Tech in dramatic fashion Saturday, Alabama has ascended to the top spot in the latest BCS standings.

Here's a quick look at the top 10:

1. Alabama

2. Texas Tech

3. Penn State

4. Texas

5. Florida

6. Oklahoma

7. USC

8. Utah

9. Oklahoma State

10. Boise State

I wouldnt expect them to stay there if Florida and OU run the table. A win over Ok. State and Tech will push OU above them. Yes, I know, Texas beat OU - but If OU beats Tech then there is no argument there, because Tech can say they beat Texas. Florida Wins the SEC they will jump Texas also.

i wish tech could have moved to 1 but 2 is still very good well desserved

Graham Harrel for heisman!!

He played very well last night. I thought it was worthy of being named the Heisman front runner. I think his teammate, uhh Mr. Crabtree, desreves the same heisman talk as Harrel. Both are great, but only one will win it.

how crazy could the big 12 get if tech beats ok state but loses to ou. correct me if im wrong but wouldnt it come down to points?

as of right now texas is +4

tech is +6

and ou is -10

a loss by greater than 2 pts for tech knocks them out, and ou would have to win by 15 to take the crown?

please correct me if im wrong

so imo texas is in great shape, if they take care of business the next 2 weeks i see them being in the big 12 championship because i just dont think tech can win the next 2, ok state will put up a good fight, and you have to go to norman, if they win those next 2 then they will have my support 100% because they deserve it, but i just dont think it will happen.

how bad will the bcs look after this year tho, some of you have said that if ou wins out they will pass texas, well what if texas is in the big 12 championship and wins it, how can they not be ahead of ou? can anybody say playoffs?

how crazy could the big 12 get if tech beats ok state but loses to ou. correct me if im wrong but wouldnt it come down to points?

tech is +6

and ou is -10

a loss by greater than 2 pts for tech knocks them out, and ou would have to win by 15 to take the crown?

so imo texas is in great shape, if they take care of business the next 2 weeks i see them being in the big 12 championship because i just dont think tech can win the next 2, ok state will put up a good fight, and you have to go to norman, if they win those next 2 then they will have my support 100% because they deserve it, but i just dont think it will happen.

how bad will the bcs look after this year tho, some of you have said that if ou wins out they will pass texas, well what if texas is in the big 12 championship and wins it, how can they not be ahead of ou? can anybody say playoffs?

BCS standings will determine tie breaker.

tech is +6

and ou is -10

If it is a 3-way tie with all three teams having same overall and conference record and all beating each other

then it comes down to who is the highest ranked in BCS to move on to the Title game

the scenarios are numerous i think it is still possible that all 4 could be tied with 2 losses

i think someone is going to get highly shunted this season out of the big 12, if there is a three way tie with 1 loss teams, all 3 would be well deserving of a bcs title chance, but only 2 will even get into a bcs bowl. I think Texas has the upper hand in the bcs simply due to they are #4 right now and assuming they win out they wont drop, and a loss by tech would most likely put texas in front of them. Its a shame its could come down to computers and voters to decide who gets a shot at it.

I, for one, think Colt McCoy and the boys pounding on Steve Spurrier would be a great game to watch. :whome:

For all we know it could be TTech in the Cotton with Texas in the Holiday and Two Oklahoma schools in the BCS

OR

and this is one thing we ALL are forgetting

Mizzou is still a dangerous team in the Big 12 Title game..if they pull an upset over the South team

We could have three great teams in the South playing in smaller bowls

Even though TTU is legitimately in the mix this year, I loathe the BCS. It's still too much of a popularity contest for my tastes.

A popularity contest that Tech is winning right now...with all the talk of the wonderboy kicker, Crabtree, Harrell...if I were a Tech fan, I'd have no issue with a popularity contest deciding my fate because Tech is as popular as any BCS teach this year.

A popularity contest that Tech is winning right now...with all the talk of the wonderboy kicker, Crabtree, Harrell...if I were a Tech fan, I'd have no issue with a popularity contest deciding my fate because Tech is as popular as any BCS teach this year.

So, if TTU, UT, and OU all end up with one loss in conference then I'm to believe that TTU might be the higher ranked team because they're as popular as any BCS team this year? Are you serious with that comment?

No, I'm not a homer who sees the world thru red and black lenses. I would prefer my team's fate to be decided on the field, in a playoff scenario. Obviously, that's not happening with the BCS system in existence.

So, if TTU, UT, and OU all end up with one loss in conference then I'm to believe that TTU might be the higher ranked team because they're as popular as any BCS team this year? Are you serious with that comment?

No, I'm not a homer who sees the world thru red and black lenses. I would prefer my team's fate to be decided on the field, in a playoff scenario. Obviously, that's not happening with the BCS system in existence.

If it happens like that OU is higer ranked..They basis will not be popular contest but simply when who beat who

Texas beat OU in October, but lost to Tech first of November...Tech would then lose to OU in middle November

So OU would get the last big win of the three and get the higher ranking

i wish tech could have moved to 1 but 2 is still very good well desserved

Graham Harrel for heisman!!

I believe that Crabtree deserves the credit for the win the other night. Harrel just threw it, Crabtree had to fight to stay in bounds and score. I wish the Texas defense would have come up with that last interception though.

It's going to boil down to who had the last BIG win...with OU in that mix, you are correct in the fact that Tech will probably not win that vote. However, if you exchange OU for OSU and I think it's a little different. Texas is through murderer's row now and Tech begins a difficult stretch that could garner more attention for them. But if they are going to lose one and still have a chance, that loss needs to come in a close game at the hands of OSU. Then they could end the stretch with a statement game against OU. My point was that this popularity contest could help Tech this year. Tech is getting a lot of attention this year and that electric offense can only help gain more atttention. A high scoring offense can only help.

On the otherhand, I do understand your frustration. I hope there will come a day when I too loathe the BCS because that would mean my team was relevant enough to even be mentioned in the BCS, but in the mean time, the BCS is fun and interesting to watch play out for me..again only because my team is irrelevant. :turned:

I believe that Crabtree deserves the credit for the win the other night. Harrel just threw it, Crabtree had to fight to stay in bounds and score. I wish the Texas defense would have come up with that last interception though.

Harrell threw a great pass exactly where he wanted to throw it, if he puts it over the top the safety knocks it away or picks it.

If OU and OSU both beat Tech, Texas has the head-to-head win over both and would be the South representative regardless of the BCS standings. And particularly after the Big 12 Championship, I think pollsters would have a hard time ranking a 1-loss OU/OSU winner ahead of a 1-loss Texas.

If OU beats Tech and OSU, and Tech beats OSU, we have a three-way tie (assuming no other losses by any of the relevant teams) that OU almost certainly wins in the BCS standings. OU is already ahead of Texas in the human polls, and beating Tech and OSU would make up most/all of the gap in the computers. Texas's advantage in the Big 12 schedule (the win over Missouri) is countered by OU's win over TCU.

If OSU beats Tech and OU and Tech beats OU, however, I think Texas has a better chance of staying ahead. Texas is currently ahead in the computer polls, and while I suspect OSU would pass them by a bit, it would stay close and Texas's strength in the computers would help. OSU wouldn't have a big win outside of division play, and they would also be hurt by the dates of the games. Tech would give OU a second loss before OSU had a chance to play them, so that win wouldn't help them nearly as much as if they beat OU now.

I don't think Tech has much chance of being ranked ahead of Texas in a three-way tie. It would take some sort of controversy in the loss to OU/OSU, where everyone feels strongly that Tech should have won.

If OSU beats Tech, Tech beats OU, and OU beats OSU, or if OU beats Tech, Tech beats OSU, and OSU beats OU, Tech and Texas finished tied with 1 loss, and Tech has the head-to-head win. I think it's very much a possibility that Texas could be ahead of Tech going into the Big 12 Championship, but I think the distaste for having a team that didn't win its conference in the NC would cause things to shift after a Tech win.

My initial thought was that an unbeaten Penn St. will stay ahead of a 1-loss Texas, but I'm not certain of that. It depends a lot on what other teams might get in between the two in the computers to help Texas.

Penn St. would almost certainly stay ahead of a 1-loss Tech or OSU. OU might have an outside shot of passing them.

If Penn St. stays unbeaten, I don't think a Florida win over Alabama would be enough to get any of the Big 12 teams in with 1 loss. I think Florida even has a decent shot of passing Penn St. if they win out.

If it happens like that OU is higer ranked..They basis will not be popular contest but simply when who beat who

Texas beat OU in October, but lost to Tech first of November...Tech would then lose to OU in middle November

So OU would get the last big win of the three and get the higher ranking

Thanks for the information, but you completely missed the point of my reply to that post.