How dare us rush the field

The kids were excited. They just knocked off the # 1 team. I bet most of them believed the game was over. It would have been a shame if there fans would have cost them the game. I dont think i have ever seen anyone kick off from the 7 yard line.

The Longhorn fans are used to winning. They wait till the games over first. :P

there was 24 seconds on the clock lol but I believe it was running out.... I agree we should have waited until the game was over but there wasn't any denying some of the fans, I couldn't sit there on the front row and reason with the 12,200 student fans that there was still 1 second left

No, Texas fans would not storm the field. They had three opportunities and refrained each time - Oklahoma (least we forget they are the #1 ranked team in the land and our rival), Missouri ( at home), and Oklahoma St (hard earned victory). Texas did not rush the field after winning the 2005 National Championship.

No, Texas fans would not storm the field. They had three opportunities and refrained each time - Oklahoma (least we forget they are the #1 ranked team in the land and our rival), Missouri ( at home), and Oklahoma St (hard earned victory). Texas did not rush the field after winning the 2005 National Championship.
and I bet they didnt have over 12000 of their students there.

Storming the field like that is stupid for ANY teams fans to do...it's all fun and games until someone get's seriously hurt which has happened on numerous occasions. There is no regaurd for anyones safety. They should arrest anyone they can round up...even if that means just a handfull then so be it..UT fans or not

Storming the field like that is stupid for ANY teams fans to do...it's all fun and games until someone get's seriously hurt which has happened on numerous occasions. There is no regaurd for anyones safety. They should arrest anyone they can round up...even if that means just a handfull then so be it..UT fans or not

I would have argued except when I rushed the field some overweight girls fell down in front of me and I tripped over them, I got up in about .02 seconds because I wasn't about to get trampled and I wasn't about to not go crazy in the middle of the field!

I would have argued except when I rushed the field some overweight girls fell down in front of me and I tripped over them, I got up in about .02 seconds because I wasn't about to get trampled and I wasn't about to not go crazy in the middle of the field!

That was a good place to get stomped on for sure

QUOTE (bordertown @ Nov 3 2008, 02:21 PM)

and I bet they didnt have over 12000 of their students there - CoachB

I think you are probably right. From what I could tell only 10,000 go to the students out of a 46,000 allotment. My quess at DKR the number is 20,000 to 25,000 alloted to the students.

I have never seen UT fans rush any sporting venue after a big win be it football, basketball, baseball, whatever. I don't think you'll ever see UT fans rush any field at any time, because they just don't do it.

I know some on this board think that is a UT fan (which I am) having the "UT is greater than anyone attitude," but it's not. Texas is used to winning big games in every sport so you will not see UT fans storm any field.

I have never seen UT fans rush any sporting venue after a big win be it football, basketball, baseball, whatever. I don't think you'll ever see UT fans rush any field at any time, because they just don't do it.

I know some on this board think that is a UT fan (which I am) having the "UT is greater than anyone attitude," but it's not. Texas is used to winning big games in every sport so you will not see UT fans storm any field.

I would like to see this problem fixed. Fans don't need to be coming on the field.