PG's Wacha Headed To Aggieland

Hwkgrad

Coach Childress liked what he saw of Pleasant Grove's ace as he carried the Hawk's to the State Finals. Everyone at Hawk Nation is very proud of Michael. We all look forward to another great year!

Congratulations, your a great kid and deserve all that comes your way. :happy65:

Congrats! I remember when hallsville played PG. Hallsville lost to him 6-3. To bad hallsvilles ace didn't pitch ( Trevor Petersen). It would have been a real pitcher dual. Trevor commited to the Louisiana tech bulldogs about 2 months ago.

And to think he still has the whole Senior year ahead of him!

with both him and John P. back, look for the Hawks to send him to A&M with another great year under his belt!

Mom and Dad must be proud. He's a great young man!

We were lucky enough to watch PG's M. Wacha pitch against T-High this year in a tune-up game for both T-High & PG before both entered State Baseball playoffs. It was an excellent game and Wacha pitched very good. I can't remember if Turley or Heathcott was pitching for T-High but it was pitch duel all the way to the finish.

Congratulations to M. Washa.

We were lucky enough to watch PG's M. Wacha pitch against T-High this year in a tune-up game for both T-High & PG before both entered State Baseball playoffs. It was an excellent game and Wacha pitched very good. I can't remember if Turley or Heathcott was pitching for T-High but it was pitch duel all the way to the finish.

Congratulations to M. Washa.

it was both turley and heathcott. congrats again to mike

Congrats! Always good to see a kid get a scholarship. Nothing like a good free education. Especially from the parents point of view. :thumbsup:

Any chance he'll get drafted and forgo college?

i would think he would get drafted, just don't know how high. the frame and the fact that he throws mid to upper 80's now with probably nothing but upside would be my reasoning.

Congrats! Always good to see a kid get a scholarship. Nothing like a good free education. Especially from the parents point of view. :thumbsup:

Any chance he'll get drafted and forgo college?

I would be torn, but what a situation!

I hope that he weighs the decision carefully, because the college education (from a fine institution) on scholarship will be worth a lot (not just financially), but the lure of the big leagues...

Even then, how long do you sit on the farm before the Show?

God grant him wisdom to make his best choice!