Easiest and Hardest golf courses

cmt6793

It's a challenge to break 100 from the black tees at Texarkana Golf Ranch. No. 15 is a 250-yard par 3 island green; No. 8 is a 666-yard par 5. There's lots of water, sand traps and trees. It's also a fun course. Last year I saw seven different creatures while playing (deer, raccoon,fox, alligator, snake, armidilla, and coyote. There's more I'm sure. By the way I play the white tees and had a great time. The greens are big, slick, tough and challenging. The sand traps are excellent, but some golfers still refuse to rake them. Great tee time prices on internet.

Easiest I have ever played: Elkhart GC

Toughest I can remember: Wildcat GC (Highlands Course)

Not an overly tough course, but always manages to eat my lunch.

Nicest played: Wildcat (Both courses there are nice), Eagles Bluff, Cypresswood GC (Traditions Course), Woodforest GC

Hoping to play Redstone Tournament Course this summer

The toughest - Tour 18 in Humble --- Insanely hard

The Easiest - Wildwood - Kountze --- Wide open, flat, mostly short to mid-range

Toughest in East Texas - Rayburn Country - Green Course - There are places on this course where two lane highways are wider than the fairway, LOTS OF WATER, 100% uneven surfaces *** The Blue and Gold courses of Rayburn Country are VERY nice still hard but not nearly what the green course is. It's a good trip, I live on this course, some of you guys should make plans to come down and play golf, very nice facilities and the lake (Sam Rayburn) is less than half a mile from the course. Good summer time getaway spot! Newton, I believe, hosts a football clinic there every year and the course is FULL of coaches from all over East Texas on that Monday.

The toughest - Tour 18 in Humble --- Insanely hard

The Easiest - Wildwood - Kountze --- Wide open, flat, mostly short to mid-range

Toughest in East Texas - Rayburn Country - Green Course - There are places on this course where two lane highways are wider than the fairway, LOTS OF WATER, 100% uneven surfaces *** The Blue and Gold courses of Rayburn Country are VERY nice still hard but not nearly what the green course is. It's a good trip, I live on this course, some of you guys should make plans to come down and play golf, very nice facilities and the lake (Sam Rayburn) is less than half a mile from the course. Good summer time getaway spot! Newton, I believe, hosts a football clinic there every year and the course is FULL of coaches from all over East Texas on that Monday.

Went out and played Tour 18 a couple of weeks ago. Loved it, just mad it took me so long to get over there to play it

Tough course but fun because the do a great job of replicating the real holes...

• 1 month later...