Winnsboro vs. Edgewood

chevyman

Didn't Lone Oak throw the ball all over the place against Winnsboro? I guarantee you Edgewood is as adept at throwing the ball as Lone Oak, if not better - they may not stop Winnboro's running game, but I don't know if Winnsboro will stop them either. Either one could pull this off -- and it doesn't matter to me who wins - I am from neither place - but if you think it will be a Winnsboro blowout, I have to disagree ....

Edgewood will throw the ball and that is always trouble for the Red Raiders. The injuries are also mounting for the Red Raiders with key players like Bennett, Slaughter and Colin Garrett. This will keep the game from being a blowout.

Prediction:

Winnsboro 34 Edgewood 21

What is wrong with Slaughter? I heard that he will be back for the playoffs. Did he get injured again last night?

Winnsboro will have to play four quarters like they did against Caddo Mills if they are to pull it out. They can not just play the first half and expect to win.

Winnsboro 28

Edgewood 21

i believe this game will not be decided until the fourth quarter.

Good luck to both teams.

Didn't Lone Oak throw the ball all over the place against Winnsboro? I guarantee you Edgewood is as adept at throwing the ball as Lone Oak, if not better - they may not stop Winnboro's running game, but I don't know if Winnsboro will stop them either. Either one could pull this off -- and it doesn't matter to me who wins - I am from neither place - but if you think it will be a Winnsboro blowout, I have to disagree ....

That is a very great point jab....after the caddo mills game the momentum looked pretty good for the raiders but the last 2 wks have been very "dull" if i might say as far as emotion goes....with e-wood being the 3rd spread offense the raiders have seen it will be very interesting to see how winn will respond to the aerial assault....the interesting thing is how e-wood has given up so many pts on the year and how they will be able to stop winn....

Winnsboro will use their running game to play ball control and keep it away from Edgewood's offense and grind it out slowing the tempo of the game down! I still think Winnsboro beats em up pretty good!

The Raiders need to pick it up. Another game like they played against Quitman, could be one and done. I hope not, I want to see 13AA go far.

The Raiders need to pick it up. Another game like they played against Quitman, could be one and done. I hope not, I want to see 13AA go far.

I agree rich777....the emotion and intensity just hasn't been there the last two weeks....the caddo game was such a high emotion game and the last two games have been very quiet....the raiders will need to find that intensity that carried them through the caddo mills game and use it from this point forward...it is one and done now, no turning back, no maybe next game, none of that...it is now or never and i hope that the raiders pick it up.

What is wrong with Slaughter? I heard that he will be back for the playoffs. Did he get injured again last night?

Winnsboro will have to play four quarters like they did against Caddo Mills if they are to pull it out. They can not just play the first half and expect to win.

Winnsboro 28

Edgewood 21

i believe this game will not be decided until the fourth quarter.

Good luck to both teams.

Slaughter has not made it back.

ALL games are decided after the fourth... :.)

I agree with chev. those guys just seemed like they were idling. The crowd didnt help much either. at one point i could hear the boys talking to themselves on the field. that's just wrong! a player i'm real close to said they were scared, it was so quiet from the stands. i'm hoping that will change this week. i plan on not being able to speak on Friday AM.

GO RED SWARM!!

I agree with chev. those guys just seemed like they were idling. The crowd didnt help much either. at one point i could hear the boys talking to themselves on the field. that's just wrong! a player i'm real close to said they were scared, it was so quiet from the stands. i'm hoping that will change this week. i plan on not being able to speak on Friday AM.

GO RED SWARM!!

The crowd has only been in one game that I have gone to this year. It was nice to hear and see them in the Caddo game. Why can it not be like that all the time? Where is the Raider Pride? Those Winnsboro fans reading this this week make some noise and let the boys know that we are behind them. Rose Stadium is bigger than any stadium we have played in this year and let us make our presence known.

I am also urging all fans to wear all the red.black, and white that they have. I will get off my soap box now.

I'm right there with ya....i have seen it personally in girls bball where the fan base turns out and it very involved and i just havent seen it this year with the football....yes the caddo game was very intense but why not every game be like that?....it will take that crowd noise and fans getting into the game to carry the raiders through the playoffs.....few people have noted this as being a "fairly easy" road in region 2 big school for winn. but if the fans and town do not come out and support these boys in force it could be a quick exit for the raiders when the opportunity to do something special and make a deep run is there...so like bigredfan said lets come out and support this team

Any word if Slaughter will be ready to play? Will it be a game day or game time decision? Are we in good shape otherwise? I know that we have two that are out for the season.

#1 will not play anymore this year