'Bama-LSU aftermath turns deadly

RedCreek49

EVERGREEN, Ala. (AP) -- A man and woman were shot dead after an argument that witnesses said started over an Alabama-LSU football game, but sheriff's investigators said Monday they continued to investigate the motive.

The Conecuh County sheriff's office identified the victims as Dennis James Smith, 41, and Donna Kaye Hall Smith, 39, of Brewton. The two were shot to death about 7 p.m. Saturday in the rural community of Owassa in southern Alabama.

Michael W. Williams, 28, was arrested and charged with two counts of murder over the shooting at his home, where he had watched the game. He was being held Monday without bond. A sheriff's investigator handling the case did not know if he had an attorney.

An investigator said Monday that people watching the game at Williams' home said the dispute was over the game, which Alabama won 27-21 in overtime Saturday, but an investigation into the motive was not complete. The investigator also said alcohol may have been a factor.

According to witness accounts to investigators, Dennis Smith, an LSU fan, called Williams, an Alabama fan, after the game, and the Smiths then went to Williams' home, where a physical altercation led to the shooting.

Investigators said Dennis Smith had a pistol and Williams had a shotgun and fired.

Authorities said Donna Smith was a relative of Williams' girlfriend.

Relatives of both the victims and the suspect either declined comment or did not immediately return phone messages Monday from The Associated Press.

This is a sad/funny story. I heard the rest of the report today. As it turns out, the two wives were cousins. The two good ol' boys, were giving each other a hard time on the phone after the game. While the L.S.U. fan/cousin in law Mr. Smith had been gloating for the last 4 years over L.S.U. victories. He decided to make things right, and drove 25 miles to Mr. and Mrs. Williams trailer. They got into a scuffle, and were broken up. Mr. Smith decided to go to his truck and retrieve a pistol, The Alabama fan was smarter and went inside to retrieve a shotgun. Both had been drinking, and of course the one with the shotgun won the duel.

This is when the cousins decided to tangle. Of course since Mr. Williams had won the first duel, he decided to protect his bride, and shot her cousin. If this wasn't so sad, it would be hilarious.

I'm not sure how I would decide on this case, I say not guilty on killing Mr. Smith because he came with a pistol. As for Mrs. Smith, I find guilty of manslaughter. This guy could have helped his wife restrain her cousin, instead of shooting her. Since the said offense happened in Alabama, I think Mr. Williams will be exonerated. I'll keep ya'll informed of what happens. Mr. Smith drove drunk to Mr. Williams home, and provoked the rivalry even further, then went and got his pistol : Self Defense.

I'm not saying I'm against bench clearing brawls or fights in football games, or hockey games. But with fans, this is a little bit drastic. I holler and yell at baseball and football games, but I know where to draw the line.

And that, class is what happens when you mix beer, rabid support for a university you wish you had attended, and white trash.

A deadly combination.

And that, class is what happens when you mix beer, rabid support for a university you wish you had attended, and white trash.

A deadly combination.

1. you misplaced your comma....

2. these were two human beings that lost there life...a little respect, please.

3. roll'tide!!!!

1. you misplaced your comma....

2. these were two human beings that lost there life...a little respect, please.

3. roll'tide!!!!

If that comma was up your :censored: you'd know where it was, wouldn't you? :thumbsup: :w00t:

Somehow I'm having a hard time mustering any respect for these white trash yayhoos.

If that comma was up your :censored: you'd know where it was, wouldn't you? :thumbsup: :w00t:

Somehow I'm having a hard time mustering any respect for these white trash yayhoos.

Actually now that i look at it again, you left out a comma after class...haha!!!

Actually now that i look at it again, you left out a comma after class...haha!!!

BTW, Einstein, you left out a comma after "Actually". Also, "I" should be capitalized. :bangin: :whome: :w00t:

You started it.