Bullard 68 REL 49

Snowbird

After a close first half, Bullard poured it on in the second half. Good all around game from Bullard playing without starting post Calli Miller(volleyball) and starting guard Chistina Hatten(injury). The combination of Danielle Heithoff and Minta Spears was tough to stop. Each had about 20 points. Heithoff dominated down low and Spears was 5 for 10 from 3 point range. Good start to the season.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read the Tyler Paper stats. Danielle had 26 points, Minta had a double-double with 19 pts and 10 assists. Ally chipped in 9 points and Kayla had 11 rebounds. Good all around effort last night.
sounds like a great start to the Season for Bullard. They are going to be a difficult team to find an answer for. Cograts to Minta for a oustanding night to open her High School Career.

Are you kidding me? Minta makes everybody on the court a better player. A rare find to have such an athlete looking for a win rather than a personal stat. Her first option last night was always getting the ball inside to the post. That shows maturity and that will develop into more than just a district title. Anybody who knows B-Ball at all knows that to get to the top level you have to have not only a post but a point that gets as much satisfaction out of getting the ball inside as they do scoring themselves. This team held together will make East Texas proud in Austin this year. Congrats to entire team for jelling at such a early point. Coach Gay did a great job with subs and keeping his players fresh and focused. Can't wait to watch them get better and better.

The Tyler Paper had hyped up a REL freshman in their pre-game article. I'm not sure which one it was though.

Bullard's freshman was, in my opinion, better than advertised. Not only in the way she shoots, passes etc. She just has that unteachable court awareness that few freshmen ever have. It was fun to watch.

Good game Bullard, keep working hard. It's great to live in a basketball town. lol

How is that gym going to hold all the fans when the boys and girls play together?

Maybe we could have a Bullard version of Cameron Indoor?

I thought the same thing last night.

Good game Bullard, keep working hard. It's great to live in a basketball town. lol

How is that gym going to hold all the fans when the boys and girls play together?

Maybe we could have a Bullard version of Cameron Indoor?

Congrats, it seems your team is everything you said they would be. Tell that little girl congrats as well. I'll be in touch.

Congratulations to the Bullard girls. Hope to catch one of your games on down the road.

I am pretty sure that they will play a warm-up game with your Lady Raiders as they did last year. It was a great game last year and should be this year as well. Best of luck to your team this year.

Diboll will have a huge test against #19 Longview not too long from now. We'll be able to see where Diboll stands before the matchup with Bullard.

Nikki Greene to ink National Lett er of Intent

It was just a few weeks ago that the Diboll Lady Jack standout decided on her next step and the all important verbal commitment to the Penn State Lady Nittany Lions.

Now the senior standout will make it official today when she signs hew National Letter of Intent at a special reception at Lumberjack Stadium. The event gets started at 4:30 p.m. sharp.

Greene has 1,317 points, 1,194 boards and 4.8 blocks a game in her career as a Diboll Lady Jack.

One of the most sought after recruits in the nation, Greene will try and add a centerpiece to her career in red and white, a trip to Austin and the state crown.

Greene and her fellow Lady Jacks kicked off the 2008-09 season Tuesday night in a home game with Shepherd.

The Lady Jacks return to the court this Saturday morning, when they host Jacksonville.

Ballwatch-

Bullard has Longview on the schedule as well. Another common opponent is Jacksonville. The game on December 2nd should be exciting. Bullard will still be missing a key part of the team: Their starting 2 guard is out until at least January. If Bullard can play Diboll close with her out that will be a good sign.

Can you post Diboll's schedule please?

After a close first half, Bullard poured it on in the second half. Good all around game from Bullard playing without starting post Calli Miller(volleyball) and starting guard Chistina Hatten(injury). The combination of Danielle Heithoff and Minta Spears was tough to stop. Each had about 20 points. Heithoff dominated down low and Spears was 5 for 10 from 3 point range. Good start to the season.

cross%20country%201.jpg

is this Spears?

Hey Milnyk, let us know how SH does. I know that kayla will be ready to play.
We won 62-30. Sanders is out with a knee and will know more on status today. Team played well scoring from many different girls. We have a new girl from Tatum who is going to be an asset to the team. Kayla was rusty but made some good passes and played good defense. Sounds like Minta had a great game to open her H.S. career, she deserves it with all the work she has put into it over the years. Good luck to yall this season.

Ballwatch-

Bullard has Longview on the schedule as well. Another common opponent is Jacksonville. The game on December 2nd should be exciting. Bullard will still be missing a key part of the team: Their starting 2 guard is out until at least January. If Bullard can play Diboll close with her out that will be a good sign.

Can you post Diboll's schedule please?

Jacksonville plays at Diboll Saturday (November 15) 10am. I'll try to post the results.

Bullard vs Diboll in February may be a game that determines a trip to Austin.

Guest Bear_Den
Holy Crud! I heard they were good, but dang. If they can beat a 5A like that without all their starters....they will do great things in 3A. Good Luck Girls!

I watch some of these girls play last year in a playoff game in Longview. They are the real deal.

How many players returned from last years team?

I watch some of these girls play last year in a playoff game in Longview. They are the real deal.

How many players returned from last years team?

3 starters: 6'2" post, 6'1" post and 5'8" guard. Also a couple of players from the bench rotation including a 6'1" post/forward and of course their new freshman point guard is helping as well.