Predictions for District 35-4a

QueenHornet

so i heard that coach Abs is not at palestine anymore, is that true?... he must have founf a great job elsewhere for him to leave palestine two years after going to state!

i heard the same thing but just thought it was a rumor. why would he leave after taking that horrible program to state? they used to really be bad and were a easy win. he probably could have gone where he wanted to after that year. where did he go?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a very strong program. Good coaches. They should dominate at the 4a level. This being their first year in 4a and they have been playing in that really strong 5a district. Probably a pretty impressive team again. Mount Pleasant they are always good. Their passing skills are top notch in east texas, some of the best. I'm sure they will have another successful year.

palestine will get smoked by those two teams.

Palestine played in 2 scrimmages on Saturday. They beat Mt. Pleasant 1-0 and lost to Longview 2-0. Both were good teams and gave 2 starter games. The Wildcats still have much to work on but I was impressed at their teamplay so early in the season. Next up Tuesday scrimmage vs. Lindale

Palestine played in 2 scrimmages on Saturday. They beat Mt. Pleasant 1-0 and lost to Longview 2-0. Both were good teams and gave 2 starter games. The Wildcats still have much to work on but I was impressed at their teamplay so early in the season. Next up Tuesday scrimmage vs. Lindale

I agree Pal looked good, the shut down Mt Pleasant and made two mistakes that caused two goals, longview could not score on their own. I pick Pal, Nac, Jack and center , it will be a good year for Pal

I agree Pal looked good, the shut down Mt Pleasant and made two mistakes that caused two goals, longview could not score on their own. I pick Pal, Nac, Jack and center , it will be a good year for Pal

What do you mean, "Longview could not score on their own?" Your telling me that goals dont happen on defensive and goalkeeper mistakes. I suppose that Luck is all it is.

I guess I saw different games than soccerdog. The MP game was even and they had already played a game before they played us. We were lucky Longview didn't score more. Longview looked real good and will be a major contender for the district title.

I guess I am still at Palestine because I was on the sideline......rumors like always. We have a lot to work on but I liked what I saw for so early in the season. I am so glad district doesn't start until Feb. this year.

Nac and Jax are the teams to beat in our district and Center is just plain scrappy. Thanks for the support soccerdog but please watch what you say.....we play these teams later in the season. We didn't shut anybody down!!

Tiger19- Yes there were goalkeeper mistakes but considering the kid that played in the goal for Palestine doesn't ever play keeper it wasn't that big of a deal. Longview had a long rest that day and we played all of our games in a row. Longview is a strong team and has been for quite some time. I expect them to do well at the 4a level.

Nac

Pal

Jac

Center

Look out for center though. Pal is solid but have a couple freshman players in the lineup I believe. They're great players but with the lack of age can come the rookie-syndrome. Other than that I haven't seen any of the teams play but Nac is nac, Palestine is solid, Jac can be solid if the team stays in tact, Center is holding up the rear but can easily steal the show. We'll just have to see how it plays out.