Pleasant Grove v. Kemp

Chaz

numbers and stats don't win playoff games...sorry!

You're right, they don't. I was just using them to make a point, they can be made to look good either way. The stats for this year are only good for trying to compare the common elements or opponents of the teams.

What makes it real fun, is no matter what they numbers say, the boys get to play on Friday, 'cause anything can happen (except injuries, hopefully!)

Interesting venue to play in, it'll make the ride better for both teams, mostly good road all the way.

I've been trying to dig up some of my old school stuff, our mascot was,Yellow Jackets, also!

jacketright.jpghelmhawknation.jpg

Good Luck to Both teams!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PG should win easily, but then again, they struggled last year against some orange yellowjackets! I have not seen Kemp this year, I am sure they are much improved. Not sure they would have made the play-offs if in the same district as PG. Hawks by 21

PG should win easily, but then again, they struggled last year against some orange yellowjackets! I have not seen Kemp this year, I am sure they are much improved. Not sure they would have made the play-offs if in the same district as PG. Hawks by 21

Im not predicting a score however if Kemps running back Josh Carr has a good game then Kemp will be fine. The key to PG success is holding Kemps ground game to under 100 yards

in 16-AAA Pitt, NB, and PG are pretty good teams, but the rest of the bunch Mt V, Atlanta, and Tex liberty look like your run of the mill teams this year. Kemp has faced good teams this year as well don't let thier record fool you, this team can rack up some yards on the ground. Did PG do anything to lose thier last two of the year ( injuries, penalties, turnovers) or were NB and Pitt that much better?

in 16-AAA Pitt, NB, and PG are pretty good teams, but the rest of the bunch Mt V, Atlanta, and Tex liberty look like your run of the mill teams this year. Kemp has faced good teams this year as well don't let thier record fool you, this team can rack up some yards on the ground. Did PG do anything to lose thier last two of the year ( injuries, penalties, turnovers) or were NB and Pitt that much better?

Look at what MV did to Mineola 30-something to 6 and Kemp barely beat Rains (1-9) and Mineoola, and lost by 33 to Van and by 22 to Eustace. Van I can understand, but 22 Eustace. Kemp would easliy finish last in 16AAA.

I don't see Kemp having enough to win this game. They will not be able to count on the Hawks shooting themselves in the foot like the Farmers did. Could be a BIG margin of victory for Pleasant Grove.

Shooting themselves in the foot? Is that what you call getting the ball shoved down your throat with over 300 yards rushing.

No! What I call shooting themselves in the foot is having a handoff fumbled on the 10 yard line on their first possession to stop a scoring drive. The 4 false start penalties to bring up 3rd and longs in the first half. And then the coach calling a timeout with 6 seconds left in the first half to allow Kemp who had no timeouts to set up for a fieldgoal. (Remember they won by 3 points). The only score for Kemp in the second half happened because a Farmersville D-back dropped a interception that hit him in the chest. And then the final drive of the game where the QB who was under very little pressure threw a 10 yard slant pass 8' over the receivers head to get it intercepted. The same thing happened against Winnsboro when they were driving for the go ahead score with a few minutes left in the game. All unforced errors and all self destructive. These were just 4 of the big mistakes. There were many more. I expected Kemp to have success running the ball because 3 of our starters on defense were out injured and the 310lb. nose guard had pneumonia most of the week. (He is home sick still today). And one of those injured d-backs was our best RB on offense. The first half of that game looked like Farmersville brought their freshman team to play. I give Kemp a lot of credit for bringing a lot of intensity but everyone who watched that game saw that just one team was actually interested in playing in the first half. The Farmers outplayed Community who beat Eustace like a drum who in turn beat Kemp like a step child. Like I said before the game, Farmersville was 3 or 4 TD's better than Kemp but gave the game away.........The sad thing is that it really isn't a big surprise becuase we have watched this all season.

Shooting themselves in the foot? Is that what you call getting the ball shoved down your throat with over 300 yards rushing.

Kemp has faced good teams this year as well don't let thier record fool you, this team can rack up some yards on the ground. Did PG do anything to lose thier last two of the year ( injuries, penalties, turnovers) or were NB and Pitt that much better?

Injuries probably played a big part in our game plan, we were not able to execute the same plays that got us to 8-0 with those players hurting. Our offense would've been able to control the ball more, and come away with more points, also giving our defense time to rest. The team plays diciplined ball, and penalties or turnovers are not big factors against us. I think our turnover ratio is +double digits.

With respect to Kemp facing good teams, I think all teams have to face their own version of Van, but how you do against those teams is what your record Is.

VAN: 10-1 (5-0) Lost 40-7

P.E. Dallas 8-2 (4-2) Lost 39-0

Brownsboro 6-5 (2-3) Lost 44-14

Eustace 5-6 (3-2) Lost 37-15

Mabank 4-6 (2-4) Lost 48-6

Everyone else except the Farmers (6-5) were under .500, combined 13-38 to account for the 6 wins.

So, the Yellow Jackets have had a rough go of it when they have faced tougher teams, (who doesn't!).

The Hawks have had a similar schedule, playing teams that have ended up on the short end of .500, but except for the 2 games against the co-champs, found a way to win against the other teams like North Lamar, Pine Tree, and Gladewater, who were some of our best challenges.

FarmersFan,

Excuses are like........

But hey 7:30 Nov 21st 2008 Marshall, Tx

Farmersville, TX 1: Start out going SOUTH on S MAIN ST/TX-78 BR toward MCKINNEY ST/TX-78 BR S. Continue to follow S MAIN ST. 0.5 mi

2: Turn LEFT onto ramp. 0.1 mi

3: Merge onto US-380. 13.0 mi

4: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT. 0.2 mi

5: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto US-380 E/US-69 S/US HWY 69/S US-69 S. Continue to follow US-69 S. 67.8 mi

6: Merge onto I-20 E via the ramp on the LEFT. 54.3 mi

7: Take the FM-3251 exit, EXIT 610. 0.3 mi

8: Turn LEFT onto FM 3251. 0.8 mi

9: Turn RIGHT onto FM 968. 2.7 mi

10: Turn RIGHT onto US-80. 4.7 mi

11: Turn RIGHT onto N WELLINGTON ST. 0.3 mi

12: Turn LEFT onto W HOUSTON ST. 0.1 mi

13: End at Marshall, TX

B: Marshall, TX

Total Time: 2 hours 33 minutesTotal Distance: 144.63 miles

Be There! Jackets V.S. Hawks

Is it that hard to just come out and say hey, we got beat! We had a our chances and so did the other team. The other team just took advantage of their chances and we didnt. THey are still playing and we are not. Is that hard to say? Everyone has an excuse when they lose. Kids these days.

Directions from West...

If you are on I-20, you can get off on Hwy 43, exit 614, go left about 4 1/2- 5 miles. Maverick Drive is on your left right before you hit Hwy 59.

If you miss 43, go to exit 617, turn left, and go 2 1/2 miles north. The Stadium is a block north and west of the 59/43 intersection.

If you come in from the North, follow Hwy 59 past Hwy 80, look for the lights on the right just before Hwy 43 (Pinecrest). 'Bout 70 miles from T-town.

Good Journey!

MarshallMaverickStadium.jpg

Is it that hard to just come out and say hey, we got beat! We had a our chances and so did the other team. The other team just took advantage of their chances and we didnt. THey are still playing and we are not. Is that hard to say? Everyone has an excuse when they lose. Kids these days.

That's probably not any harder to say than it is for you to say, "Hey, if not for the other team's mistakes we could not have won"! The irony in this is that you deem it appropriate to tell us what everyone says when they lose but the people who win are more likely to claim their team "took it to them" or "Won the Game" rather than tell the truth. So let's put it to the test: Without the Farmers miscues do you think Kemp would have come close to winning that game?

Without the Kemp miscues the game would have been out of hand in the first half. The possession before Kemps field goal to end the first half I believe Kemp was flagged for 2 holding penalties back to back while in Farmersville territory. One of the few times the farmers stopped Kemp and forced them to punt. Since you are Mr. Statman (we learned this from the thread about the Kemp/Farmersville game before it was played)Farmersville had 5 penalties for 35 yards. Kemp had 4 for 30. Farmersville turned the ball over twice, kemp scored off one of the turnovers.

The thing about it is, you have gone on and made excuse after excuse. Kemp lined up and ran for 341 yards, regardless of how many penalties or how many times you turn the ball over, the offense still has to produce. Your offense produced but not well enough to win. Kemps produced well enough to win. Add a couple of defensive stops in there and it is what it is. But I forgot, you guys were sick, banged up, and didnt play well in the first half, somebody call the UIL and get high school football changed from playing 4 quarters to declaring vicotry to the team with the most excuses.

Just an avid high school football fan adding my 2 cents.

That's probably not any harder to say than it is for you to say, "Hey, if not for the other team's mistakes we could not have won"! The irony in this is that you deem it appropriate to tell us what everyone says when they lose but the people who win are more likely to claim their team "took it to them" or "Won the Game" rather than tell the truth. So let's put it to the test: Without the Farmers miscues do you think Kemp would have come close to winning that game?

I haven't been on here since I predicted Kemp would win. I also predicted Edgewood would win and that Van would win. So I'm 2-3. Anyway. You are making your team look bad. I can tell by the way you are talking that you have never played football. Turn overs and missed oppurtunities are part of the game. I have watched more football than the above average person and I have never seen a perfectly played football game. It is to challenging. Someone is always making a mistake be it blocking, running, passing, tackling are just busted assignments. So why don't you let it go and start supporting your basketball team because I'm sure your football team has had enough.

Travel safeties to both teams and their fans!

Welcome to Marshall!! We hope you all enjoy Maverick Stadium as much as we do!

I'm going to try and make it out to the game after work Friday. I hope to see a great match-up!