Pleasant Grove v. Kemp

Chaz

Without the Kemp miscues the game would have been out of hand in the first half. The possession before Kemps field goal to end the first half I believe Kemp was flagged for 2 holding penalties back to back while in Farmersville territory. One of the few times the farmers stopped Kemp and forced them to punt. Since you are Mr. Statman (we learned this from the thread about the Kemp/Farmersville game before it was played)Farmersville had 5 penalties for 35 yards. Kemp had 4 for 30. Farmersville turned the ball over twice, kemp scored off one of the turnovers.

The thing about it is, you have gone on and made excuse after excuse. Kemp lined up and ran for 341 yards, regardless of how many penalties or how many times you turn the ball over, the offense still has to produce. Your offense produced but not well enough to win. Kemps produced well enough to win. Add a couple of defensive stops in there and it is what it is. But I forgot, you guys were sick, banged up, and didnt play well in the first half, somebody call the UIL and get high school football changed from playing 4 quarters to declaring vicotry to the team with the most excuses.

Just an avid high school football fan adding my 2 cents.

We all know the story. You support your team and feel it is demeaning to have someone else claim something other than what you think happened in the game. You feel that Kemp took it to the Farmers and don't like anyone else to say otherwise. But I watched the game too and I have watched the Farmers all year. I know what kind of Farmersville team showed up. But here are the facts. Farmersville fumbled their first possession on the Kemp 10 yardline. Unforced fumble on the handoff. -7 points. Farmerville QB threw a unforced bad pass on the last possesssion. -14 points. The Farmersville coach called a timeout with 6 seconds on the clock at the end of the first half which allowed Kemp to line up a fieldgoal attempt which was good. -17 points. These are actual things they DID! Add in the interception that hit #21 in the chest on Kemps only scoring drive of the second half and that adds up to a 24 point swing. Considering Kemp won by 3 points it becomes pretty obvious the story line of this game.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We all know the story. You support your team and feel it is demeaning to have someone else claim something other than what you think happened in the game. You feel that Kemp took it to the Farmers and don't like anyone else to say otherwise. But I watched the game too and I have watched the Farmers all year. I know what kind of Farmersville team showed up. But here are the facts. Farmersville fumbled their first possession on the Kemp 10 yardline. Unforced fumble on the handoff. -7 points. Farmerville QB threw a unforced bad pass on the last possesssion. -14 points. The Farmersville coach called a timeout with 6 seconds on the clock at the end of the first half which allowed Kemp to line up a fieldgoal attempt which was good. -17 points. These are actual things they DID! Add in the interception that hit #21 in the chest on Kemps only scoring drive of the second half and that adds up to a 24 point swing. Considering Kemp won by 3 points it becomes pretty obvious the story line of this game.

I respect your passion. That is a great description, but........ you left out one very important word in each of the scenarios IF . There is no place for that on the scoreboard. Give Kemp SOME respect.

In Kemp, we don't live in the past. We don't so much worry about our record or the other teams record or who beat who by how much. We sure don't worry about last year... WELCOME TO 3A. We try to get better each week, and peak at the end of the year. Part of that is limiting our mistakes and taking advantage of others. That's exactly what we did. WE WON

Kemp has been improving all season. They have two backs who have run for over 2,000 yards. Against the Farmers they put up 341 yards on the ground (184 on 11 carries for one RB and 126 on 27 carries for the other). If they can put up those numbers on PG, they will move on.

Farmersville was a little injured for the game but so is PG. Should be good weather and a great game. If PG plays like they did the first 8 games of the year they can win. Not sure how the off week with the bye will affect play, have never been able to predict how teams respond to that in the playoffs.

I still think Kemp could win based on how they have been playing, they are better now than at the start of the year. Can they throw very well?

they can pass the ball if they need too. The thing is they have not needed too lately. when you are racking up rushing yards like they do why pass?

GoPokes, you say PG is banged up? Are they still banged up or has the bye helped them out on that?

they can pass the ball if they need too. The thing is they have not needed too lately. when you are racking up rushing yards like they do why pass?

GoPokes, you say PG is banged up? Are they still banged up or has the bye helped them out on that?

I don't know if he knows, but from what I've seen this week, they look like the rest has helped them...

I respect your passion. That is a great description, but........ you left out one very important word in each of the scenarios IF . There is no place for that on the scoreboard. Give Kemp SOME respect.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I got called to Bonham last night. I give Kemp great respect. I have said several times they brought tons of intensity and effort. They played much better than myself or anyone else on our side of the field expected them to play. But it is also true the Farmers played like a freshman team in the first half of the game. Hence the 17-0 score in the first half. And all my posts about the F'ville game were in response to questions asked of me by other people. My first post was concerning the Kemp vs PG game and I posted my opinion which was that Kemp cannot expect PG to shoot themselves in the foot like the Farmers did so therefore it should be a relatively easy game for PG. Kemp is not that good. I understand that Kemp supporters think it is a disservice to their team for me to tell the truth but it is the TRUTH! And none of the cliches' that we read everyday on these forum really matter except to serve the purposes of people with an agenda. Congrats to Kemp on winning the game. They made plays that the Farmers didn't make. But let's not sugarcoat this into looking like Kemp TOOK anything in that game. It was served up on a silver platter.

I haven't been on here since I predicted Kemp would win. I also predicted Edgewood would win and that Van would win. So I'm 2-3. Anyway. You are making your team look bad. I can tell by the way you are talking that you have never played football. Turn overs and missed oppurtunities are part of the game. I have watched more football than the above average person and I have never seen a perfectly played football game. It is to challenging. Someone is always making a mistake be it blocking, running, passing, tackling are just busted assignments. So why don't you let it go and start supporting your basketball team because I'm sure your football team has had enough.

You sure do a lot of self promotion there BearDawg. And you are making YOU look bad. It is obvious you have a lot of false confidence in yourself just like you do in your football team. Reality check time. You claim to know a lot about football yet you show that in truth you don't really have a clue. I actually played 10 years of football and have been a great fan of football for 46 years so your petty back patting doesn't impress me much. The truth is that turnovers are a big part of the game. I take the turnovers into consideration when I analyze a football game. It is you who is ignoring the turnovers and acting like they didn't happen. There is actually a stat kept at every single level of football played called "TURNOVERS" because they effect the outcome of the game. And the turnovers in this game effected the outcome. that's all that I have been saying.

Hey Farmer fan,

Would you please stop TROLLING?

The game is over, and this is a thread about the PG and Kemp game. I'm sure there was a thread available for the Farmersville/Kemp game, if not, PLEASE go create it, and take your discussion there.

If anyone cares to join you, I'm sure you will have fun. But please, stick to the thread topic or don't post.

Thank you.

Just want to make a few quick points. The fumble inside the 10 yard line did result in 7 points for the JAckets for sure, you are correct, goo scoring chance for the farmers. The interception at the end of the game occured outside the 20 yard line with a minute left, farmers may have gotten 3 points out of that to tie the game, probably not! At the end of the hald Kemp called timeout with 3 seconds left to kick the field goal, not the farmers...(hard to see everything from up where you were sitting im sure) and the possession in which #21 forgot how to catch as the ball bounced off his chest Kemp was stopped on 4th and short. (But I'm sure if he picks that off it would have been an excellent play by the DB evem though Kemps qb threw the ball right to him)It was the next Kemp possession in which they broke 58 yards down the sideline for a score. But hey i'm sure ya'll tripped and couldnt make the play or possibly had some freshman players in at that time, or the nuemonia caught the defense on that drive. Whatever the case they are all excuses. Nobody said anybody took it to anybody, you couldnt stop us, we stopped you enough. Bottom line! See you in Marshall for round 2!

Farmers Fan,

If you have played for 10 years and have enjoyed this sport for 46 then I assume you should be a mature adult? Again this is only my assumption and I don’t want to make an ###### out of U and ME but you’re on here crying like a teenager. Please show some self respect. Kemp 24 Farmerville 21. Move on!

Farmers Fan,

If you have played for 10 years and have enjoyed this sport for 46 then I assume you should be a mature adult? Again this is only my assumption and I don't want to make an ###### out of U and ME but you're on here crying like a teenager. Please show some self respect. Kemp 24 Farmerville 21. Move on!

Will do ricky! Thanks for your wisdom and advice...... :thumbsup: But the "Crying" is going both ways. I would have never posted a second time if others were not "Crying" for respect.........

So chill out and lets move on to this weekends games. I will still catch a couple of games on friday night and saturday.

Hey Farmer fan,

Would you please stop TROLLING?

The game is over, and this is a thread about the PG and Kemp game. I'm sure there was a thread available for the Farmersville/Kemp game, if not, PLEASE go create it, and take your discussion there.

If anyone cares to join you, I'm sure you will have fun. But please, stick to the thread topic or don't post.

Thank you.

Real classy futfan! I'm gonna go "Off Topic" to tell someone else to stop going "Off Topic"............. go back and read partner. I only posted once that wasn't in response to someone else's questions or statements about me so take your thread policeing elsewhere. I don't live in a world where you decide that I can't respond to someone else making comments about my opinions. Sorry! futfanville is not my home town.

Just want to make a few quick points. The fumble inside the 10 yard line did result in 7 points for the JAckets for sure, you are correct, goo scoring chance for the farmers. The interception at the end of the game occured outside the 20 yard line with a minute left, farmers may have gotten 3 points out of that to tie the game, probably not! At the end of the hald Kemp called timeout with 3 seconds left to kick the field goal, not the farmers...(hard to see everything from up where you were sitting im sure) and the possession in which #21 forgot how to catch as the ball bounced off his chest Kemp was stopped on 4th and short. (But I'm sure if he picks that off it would have been an excellent play by the DB evem though Kemps qb threw the ball right to him)It was the next Kemp possession in which they broke 58 yards down the sideline for a score. But hey i'm sure ya'll tripped and couldnt make the play or possibly had some freshman players in at that time, or the nuemonia caught the defense on that drive. Whatever the case they are all excuses. Nobody said anybody took it to anybody, you couldnt stop us, we stopped you enough. Bottom line! See you in Marshall for round 2!

Now I know why you continue to argue the point. You don't even know what happened in the game you watched. I will agree with every thing you said except two points. Kemp stopped F'ville only twice in the game so it is likely Farmerville would have scored on the fumble on the ten and the interception at the end. Irrelavant!!!! They didn't! Kemp had a 4th and 6 and NO timeouts left with the clock ticking down at the half and they were lined up to get the last snap of the half and FARMERSVILLE called the timeout. Kemp went to the sideline and sent out the FG team. I have the video.

None of this matters. The game is over. I simply stated that Kemp could not depend on PG shooting themselves in the foot like we did so therefore would not win this game. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or "dissed" your team. I didn't say it to take anything away from Kemp. I simply stated the facts.

Now I know why you continue to argue the point. You don't even know what happened in the game you watched. I will agree with every thing you said except two points. Kemp stopped F'ville only twice in the game so it is likely Farmerville would have scored on the fumble on the ten and the interception at the end. Irrelavant!!!! They didn't! Kemp had a 4th and 6 and NO timeouts left with the clock ticking down at the half and they were lined up to get the last snap of the half and FARMERSVILLE called the timeout. Kemp went to the sideline and sent out the FG team. I have the video.

None of this matters. The game is over. I simply stated that Kemp could not depend on PG shooting themselves in the foot like we did so therefore would not win this game. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or "dissed" your team. I didn't say it to take anything away from Kemp. I simply stated the facts.

man i was out there playing that night i saw the whole game and yea yall messed up but we took advantage and won so just chill out this isnt 2a so you need to move on now big guy basketball season is upon you now so go watch that. while your at home being a cry baby friday night i'll be playin pg.

now to the pg game. they have two good ppl on offense #10 and their running back. deffense is #30 and #7. they are really good. hope they are ready to play because i know we are so good luck pg yall are good but there are no more bad teams left.

I got my team Jackets in a good hard fought battle :smirk:

Making the playoffs out of a six team district and then making it to the 2nd round is no fluke. A team has to be executing on offense and compliment that with good play on defense and special teams. PG and Kemp both deserve respect. Kemp is rolling, hopefully they can keep it going. PG is coming off a bye after two straight losses *(to the front runners of thier district). This should be an interesting matchup.

Bring your intensity Kemp!!!

this thread is about PG and Kemp!!

get it back on topic right now. if you guys have an issue with each other take it to a PM or away from the forums and get back to the game. otherwise i'm going to have to get invovled.

You sure do a lot of self promotion there BearDawg. And you are making YOU look bad. It is obvious you have a lot of false confidence in yourself just like you do in your football team. Reality check time. You claim to know a lot about football yet you show that in truth you don't really have a clue. I actually played 10 years of football and have been a great fan of football for 46 years so your petty back patting doesn't impress me much. The truth is that turnovers are a big part of the game. I take the turnovers into consideration when I analyze a football game. It is you who is ignoring the turnovers and acting like they didn't happen. There is actually a stat kept at every single level of football played called "TURNOVERS" because they effect the outcome of the game. And the turnovers in this game effected the outcome. that's all that I have been saying.

Your saying Turnovers is why your team lost and blah blah blah maybe trying to take credit away from Kemp's win or for pride issues i dont know but yes turnovers are a stat as you have mentioned and your team turned the ball over at some bad times and your Defense gave it all they could im sure but in the end gave up some points so your team ended up losing so yes turnovers is why your team lost or atleast one of the reasons its your teams fault if they were good enough to beat Kemp they wouldnt have turned the ball over!!! Kemp Stepped up and sent the farmers home 1st round!!!Lets go keep going hard against Pleasant Grove Good Luck from 14-3A Represent!!