The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBPirates

Indepence bowl!

I Am going to my first ever Collage football game and it will be the indepence bowl .. Does anyone have any idea who might be playing in it??

It'll be a low qualifying team from the SEC against a low qualifying team from the Big 12. If I was guessing I'd say someone like Kansas against Vanderbilt. Nebraska a possibility and so is Kentucky. Ole Miss would be a good pick if they can get them.

www.cbssportsline.com predicts Akron* vs. La.-Lafayette* provided SEC and Big 12 does not have enough bowl elgible teams

I heard the other day on a local tv station that Louisiana Tech could be a good possiblility since the most likely teams wouldn't qualify.

www.cbssportsline.com predicts Akron* vs. La.-Lafayette* provided SEC and Big 12 does not have enough bowl elgible teams

How about TCU vs La. Lafayette that should draw a good local crowd.

How about TCU vs La. Lafayette that should draw a good local crowd.

La. Lafayette stunk last week and has had a few bad week. They would be a terrible choice. La. Tech is finishing fairly strong, but I'm not sure they'd be a good choice. Ole Miss would be good choice. If somebody besides Big 12-SEC comes I'd love to see Tulsa.

Here's one for you......La Tech vs. LSU reckon that would fill up Indy Stadium?? I'm not sure who would win that one at this point?>?>?>?>?

Whoever winds up in the game, it is a good chance to see somewhat big time programs that you do not get to see in Simms everyday. I know, I grew up in Daingerfield. It is a good place to catch a game. The stadium is not the best but not the worst either. Have fun!

Whoever winds up in the game, it is a good chance to see somewhat big time programs that you do not get to see in Simms everyday. I know, I grew up in Daingerfield. It is a good place to catch a game. The stadium is not the best but not the worst either. Have fun!

Haha yea thats true ..

thanks! ... but i really don't know much about eathier team .. do you think it'll be a blow out or a good game??

I know that on espns ranking of all 32 bowl games that this game was ranked 32.

no wonder with Northern Ill. WHO?

I thought they played Hockey on the Lake.

Northern Illinois .... bummer!

They would have drawn a larger crowd with practically ANY local\regional team playing LA Tech. What were they thinking?