Hunting accident

Immortal13

I hear you IM-13! Well there is always popup blinds. Maybe you can become an expert and give us all tips. I had been physically unable to draw a bow since mid January so it was on my mind. I just started back shooting last week and was pretty sore for a couple of days.

Man that is tough what you have been through. I hope you continue to recover and get to bowhunt this fall. You could always take up a crossbow with a doctor's excuse to get back out there. I know it's probably not your first choice but it is better than just setting and wishing you could get into archery season.

Keep us posted. I wish you the best.

Don't think I would ever be interested in shooting a crossbow, and as I understand it you basically have to be missing an arm or have a major upper body handicap to be allowed to use one of those during archery only season(ie the "old football shoulder injury" does not count).

Don't think I would ever be interested in shooting a crossbow, and as I understand it you basically have to be missing an arm or have a major upper body handicap to be allowed to use one of those during archery only season(ie the "old football shoulder injury" does not count).

Things are changing quickly for crossbows in archery season. It is a very touchy subject right now but it looks like Texas will eventually allow crossbows in archery season. I know when I was recovering from my surgeries and unable to shoot a bow that I would have went the crossbow route if it's all I had to get in the woods during bow season.

It's hard to get my adrenalin up with a rifle. I know crossbow wouldn't be the same for me as the bow but to me it would be better than a rifle or shotgun for me.

I have never shot a xbow though so I might be wrong. :rolleyes:

Good luck and hope you continue to improve.

There is a bow co. that makes a device where you draw your bow back with your foot and it locks in place with a safetyuntil your ready to shoot. They showed young kids drawing and shooting 60# bows with little effort. They also had a gentleman in his eighties using this with his bow. I cant remember its name but ive seen it on a hunting show a few times.

There is a bow co. that makes a device where you draw your bow back with your foot and it locks in place with a safetyuntil your ready to shoot. They showed young kids drawing and shooting 60# bows with little effort. They also had a gentleman in his eighties using this with his bow. I cant remember its name but ive seen it on a hunting show a few times.

Draw-locks fall under the same category as cross bows in Texas(ie they are not legal in archery only season). I would never be interested in using either device, frankly. I think I'll probably be able to draw my Matthews eventually. Luckily I bought a 60lb draw bow instead of a 70. If not, I'll sell it.

My shotgun ability is going to be ok. I haven't shot in a long time, but I managed a 78 at Rose City's sporting clays course yesterday.

• 5 months later...

So........Immortal13, ain't heard anything on this in awhile....

With hunting season having just opened this past weekend I was wondering, how are you feeling?? (I realize bow season has been open for awhile....)