Pacman is Back!

By STEPHEN HAWKINS, AP Sports Writer Stephen Hawkins, Ap Sports Writer – 35 mins agoARLINGTON, Texas – The NFL is giving Adam "Pacman" Jones another chance.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Wednesday the suspended cornerback has been reinstated by league commissioner Roger Goodell, but he must miss two more games — this Sunday and the following game on Thanksgiving. He'll be back Dec. 7 at Pittsburgh.

Goodell suspended Adam Jones indefinitely on Oct. 14, saying he'd put a timeframe on it after the cornerback missed at least four games. This decision means it will be a six-game suspension. Jones also missed the entire 2007 season. By the time he returns, he will have been suspended from 22 of a possible 28 games.

His yearlong suspension was for repeated legal troubles while with the Tennessee Titans. Over the offseason, he was traded to Dallas and then given another chance by Goodell. The Cowboys gave him a bodyguard to help keep him in line, but on Oct. 7, Jones got into an alcohol-related scuffle with the bodyguard during a private party at a Dallas hotel.

Now, he's getting another chance. The league did not immediately make any comment.

"He's just chomping at the bit to get back and come back and be successful," teammate Tank Johnson said Wednesday, before the announcement. "He knows we're all with him and we're never going to turn our back on him and as soon as he gets back it will be business as usual. I can't wait to have 21 next to me in the locker."

Jerry Jones said Adam Jones could return to practice Monday. The owner said the player would have "limited participation" this week, but would not be part of full-squad practices or conditioning.

Quarterback Tony Romo said Jones will be welcomed back into the locker room.

"When he was here he worked very hard and he helped us," Romo said. "He's a good football player and I don't see why you wouldn't welcome a guy back that works hard on the practice field."

Just another reason to be ambivilent about the Cows. And what is so bad, Pacman is not a good player. I hope his uniform is nomex, as often as he seems to get burned.

By STEPHEN HAWKINS, AP Sports Writer Stephen Hawkins, Ap Sports Writer – 35 mins agoARLINGTON, Texas – The NFL is giving Adam "Pacman" Jones another chance.

Quarterback Tony Romo said Jones will be welcomed back into the locker room.

"When he was here he worked very hard and he helped us," Romo said. "He's a good football player and I don't see why you wouldn't welcome a guy back that works hard on the practice field."

I wish the Cowboys would release "Pacman". After reading the quote above, I want Romo released right along with him.

I wish the Cowboys would release "Pacman". After reading the quote above, I want Romo released right along with him.

you know the players are going to say the politically correct things no matter how they feel. i think most of them are sick of hearing about him. he needs to either come back and straighten up or get out for good. he has more lives than a cat.

Of course every media talking head and Cowboy hater will talk about the Pac Man story, but ignore the story in today's paper regarding Tony Romo buying a homeless man a ticket to a movie and inviting him to sit with him during the movie. This is the same high profile quarterback who stopped to help a couple change a flat tire.

Why do so many people talk about how bad Pac Man is, but so few people talk about what a great guy Romo is? Instead, people want to be critical of Romo's girlfriend, his singing and his choice of vacations.

The media makes such a huge deal out of it, and then steps back and says "wow, he is such a distraction". I'm sure the only time that the players think it is a distraction is after practice when they have to deal with reporters. But I am sure 90% of the players get idiotic questions on a daily basis whether Pacman is mentioned or not. Is he really a distraction during practice or games?

Of course every media talking head and Cowboy hater will talk about the Pac Man story, but ignore the story in today's paper regarding Tony Romo buying a homeless man a ticket to a movie and inviting him to sit with him during the movie. This is the same high profile quarterback who stopped to help a couple change a flat tire.

Why do so many people talk about how bad Pac Man is, but so few people talk about what a great guy Romo is? Instead, people want to be critical of Romo's girlfriend, his singing and his choice of vacations.

i don't have a problem with Pacman as long as he can behave but he hasn't proven that. as bleeds said he didn't cover very well but some of that could be expected because he is rusty from sitting out a year and now he has missed even more games so that rust will still be there. his best bet will be next season IF he can stay out of trouble. i'm not holding my breath though.

as far as Romo goes i guess i missed those stories. maybe they weren't publicized. you should know the media likes negative stories more than positive ones.

You're forgetting the only reason I despise him. He's 0-2 in the playoffs. Being a great guy doesn't buy Super Bowl rings. Just ask Dan Marino.

Sure, Pacman is a retard, and he has made very poor decisions to say the least. If he can stay out of trouble (not likely) and be productive on the field, I'll gladly accept him. I just want to see the Cowboys win. I could care less what the players do off the field.

Since you are so close to Mr. Adam Jones to have established an opinion that

he is a "retard", then maybe you should enlighten all us who have not

met him.

I could care less what the players do off the field.

It looks like you care a lot to evaluate him to be a "retard" for off field

episodes that both sides are not ever told.

..., but I would still take Romo over Eli any day of the week and Eli has a ring.

Man, I have been suspicious of Romo even when he can put up

monster numbers since he has flopped when it counted.

I am slowly changing my opinion. I am still wondering

why he dumped Carrie Underwood for the chick

with a not so stellar family history, but back to

football.

I don't see the Cowboys losing again this year.