Texas A & M Commerce - interesting visit today

parentofredheads

I put this on the political forum, because I think it goes straight to the heart of things.

Needless to say, I was EXTREMELY disappointed! I expected shades of A & M, College Station, which I've been to - VERY, VERY FINE SCHOOL! Instead, as soon as the tour began, there were Obama posters everywhere, Obama memorbilia, Obama T-shirts, and also BLACK PANTHER T-SHIRTS. Truthfully, I looked at my husband and we both came real close to not even finishing the tour.

As we walked, we saw a lot of foreign students, who were NOT speaking English... that's okay, but there were tons of them - everywhere... well, that's still okay, but borderlining it...then continuing walking, we come across posters of entertainment on campus, all were black rappers, with them holding their shirts up (you know the belly shot deal)... and that just about did it for me. I don't think I heard another blasted thing after seeing that.

We were told previous to our appointment, that we would talk to a counselor. No counselors were available, sorry you'll have to come back. Were supposed to talk to the athletic department and some coaches - none were available, sorry you'll have to come back; however, upon leaving, there were players on the field with grown-ups, whether coaches or not, but "some" athletic people were there. Not to mention all the dorms, with the exception of one, are co-ed... that bugged me!

We didn't get to see any dorms, nothing. Extremely EXTREMELY disappointing! I've never considered myself as being racist or bias... but I'm danged sure getting close to thinking that way! Wonder if McCain had won, if HIS posters would've been up. Upon finishing the tour, we didn't even go back in, headed straight to the truck and came home! What a wasted trip... and they'll be sure hearing from me, and so will A & M - College Station!!!!

Yesterday, we went to ETBU in Marshall -- totally different! A welcome sign with our son's and other incoming freshman names on a sign as soon as we entered the building, very nice, personable people, got to meet all the coaches, see all the facilities, including the dorms, nothing was left unseen. All the kids we met, of different colors and nationalities were extremely respectful, opening doors, saying hi, shaking my son's hand as they pass by...and they actually spoke ENGLISH!

Friday we go to check out UT Tyler, in case he doesn't play football...and truthfully, I'm beginning to wonder about some of these colleges! My son comes home and starts spouting shades of Owenas or Rocko, and he'll find his #### on the ground in a heartbeat, not to mention yanked out of college!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell ya what, Rocko.... why don't you come visit me, spend a weekend of hard work on the farm/ranch, and we'll see how "important" you are! We'd love to have you! On the agenda for tomorrow is plumbing and fixing the roof. This weekend is cutting and splitting firewood?

Care to hang?

P.S.: I have a lounge whip, and I promise you, I know how to use it, should you "slouch".....

Tell ya what, Rocko.... why don't you come visit me, spend a weekend of hard work on the farm/ranch, and we'll see how "important" you are! We'd love to have you! On the agenda for tomorrow is plumbing and fixing the roof. This weekend is cutting and splitting firewood?

Care to hang?

P.S.: I have a lounge whip, and I promise you, I know how to use it, should you "slouch".....

Gotta finish up school first, Iv'e been sick about a week.

About a mountain of make-up work.

Then, I would be happy to help.

You let me know when, and I'll sure oblige... might even feed ya! LOL!

I hope you've got calluses... if you don't, you'll have 'em! You'll also get to see how my 17 and 19-year old have lived their whole life.... lots of hard work!

Warning though... don't spout your liberalism around the oldest...you'll be down on the ground faster than I can get to ya!

But you're more than welcome any time! After I get through with you... I'll send you to up Bleeds... LOL!

Thanks parent. We need a dishwasher. Wait, never mind. We have a firm no whining policy. On the other hand, you might have that worked out of him by the time he gets here.

You let me know when, and I'll sure oblige... might even feed ya! LOL!

I hope you've got calluses... if you don't, you'll have 'em! You'll also get to see how my 17 and 19-year old have lived their whole life.... lots of hard work!

Warning though... don't spout your liberalism around the oldest...you'll be down on the ground faster than I can get to ya!

But you're more than welcome any time! After I get through with you... I'll send you to up Bleeds... LOL!

Ooh.

Your making me hungry, which unfortunately, is not good.

Can't eat 'till tomorrow. :getlost:

And I have a few, from working out at school and various work.

And a strange one on my thumb which I cannot quite explain, but thats beside the point.

Haha. I don't think Bleeds would want me within a good 500 feet of his house.

And I will keep that in mind. :thumbsup:

BOT.

TAMU-C is a pale comparison to Texas A&M University. In fact, I can't believe I mentioned them in the same sentence. Short of the money poured into it when it was absorbed into the Aggie system, which resulted in a frenzy of construction on campus, it's not much different now than it was when it was ETSU.

Honestly, lay off.

You had no purpose to come in here other than to hunt down my posts and start something.

Without regard to the question, you just barged in here and questioned me.

Victim.

Girl.

Troll.

No fight. You came on here, hijacked the thread, made it all about you, as usual, cried "Victim!" and started over again. Your rant has grown old. You're a child. If you were as concerned about your health and your studies as you would have us believe, you would have left long ago. That leads me to believe you're either lying about both, or you don't care. In either case, it makes you pathetic.

Grow up.

Friday we go to check out UT Tyler, in case he doesn't play football...and truthfully, I'm beginning to wonder about some of these colleges! My son comes home and starts spouting shades of Owenas or Rocko, and he'll find his #### on the ground in a heartbeat, not to mention yanked out of college!

Make sure he does a "real" major then. Keep him away from anything liberal arts, probably keep him away from the sciences as well, economics would be a huge no-no since most economics majors end up being liberal from what i've read. Nice to see a parent keeping watch over their kids education so much, any sort of different beliefs and you'll just yank them out of college!

You took your son to a&m Commerce on what I'm guessing was an athletics visit, and the coaches didn't make time to see him? That's a bad way to recruit............and I went through that sort of garbage back in the day.