NB vs Kaufman  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Regional Finals

• NB's Defence
    • Kaufman's Offence

official

NB vs Kaufman friday night 630 pm Royse City ISD stadium

afternoon game friday is Celina vs Pleasant Grove at 1 pm

come early and eat at Wingdingers in RC...great wings and burgers and great sports bar

also Soulmans BBQ is very good

Luigisi's on main st is very good italian food too

we are happy to have this game in RC

this wouldn't happen to be 2 4 1?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game is definitely in Royse City and the kickoff is scheduled for 6:30. Pleasant Grove and Celina will kickoff at 1:00. Great place to have this game. Good midway point for any Dallas area schools and the East Texas playoff teams.

Remember there is a $2.00 parking fee. Royse City charges for parking because they do not charge the schools much to play there. This is a way to pay the help that works the games.

There is a major discount being offered this season to help out the schools costs and to bring the games to Royse City ISD Stadium. It is well worth it, the stadium is beautiful, the scoreboard is awesome and the people there are very friendly.

WingDingers in Royse City does have a good lunch buffet. $6.78, I believe, and you get a hamburger bar, all you can eat salad bar and pizza bar. Plus you get your choice of 5 wings to go with your meal (boneless or with the bone). Soulman's BBQ always has a buy one and get one free special, but you have to have the coupon. Probably can get that on-line. Great breakfasts at Soulman's and Denney's if you come early for the games and just want to hang out. Luigis is a great Italian food place with reasonable prices and you can visit historic downtown Royse City. I don't know what makes it historic, but it's old with some old but good stores for shopping. Of course they have Sonic, McDonalds, Denneys, KFC, Subway, Quiznos, Jack in the Box, Los Macarenas Mexican Food (Main St.), Fish Restaurant (Main St.) and a good country cookin' cafe on Main St as well. Two or three pizza places and all of those are good.

No, I don't worked for the Royse City Chamber of Commerce, but I do know they put on their best when company comes to town.

I dont know, but you can always come to the first game and hide in the bathroom :blink: untill the second game starts :coolio:

That might work :thumbsup: , but I think the schools are charging one ticket price. Meaning there will be no discounts for pre-game tickets. This may just be a rumor, so it needs to be checked out. I heard $7.00 for adults, I don't know about children or students. Remember schools set the gate prices, not the stadiums. :saint: Or that is the way that this double header of playoffs is being handled. Contracts have a lot to do with this also. Who is splitting the gate? What about the concessions? One set rental price...or in this case, could all four schools agree to a single ticket for both games. Several options offered and I am sure they have negotiated what is best for the game and the schools.

Lets go NB faithful!!!!! I know who you got.....

what bout the Kaufman faithful?????

Not sure what NB has but Kaufman has shut down a couple of really good running backs this year. Early in the year they were torched by an outstanding RB from Tyler Chapel Hill. They have a pretty good defense that has size and quickness and it's gotten better as the year has progressed..winning 9 straight games after losing the first three games of the year. I don't think NB will make a living against them featuring only one running back. They play the run pretty well and bring the wood. The Kaufman pass defense is suspect at times. That's what cost them wins at Canton and Mabank. They blew leads in both games. The Kaufman running game is solid and they use a stable of pretty good and tough runners. A couple that run low to the ground and a couple of runners with speed. The passing game is terrible. The Kaufman QB can't throw a lick so if NB gets a two score lead my home boys may be in trouble. If Kaufman can run the ball, NB will have a problem because that's the Kaufman game. Ball control and defense. Boring football, but hey, it got em this far.

Good luck to both teams.

Not sure what NB has but Kaufman has shut down a couple of really good running backs this year. Early in the year they were torched by an outstanding RB from Tyler Chapel Hill. They have a pretty good defense that has size and quickness and it's gotten better as the year has progressed..winning 9 straight games after losing the first three games of the year. I don't think NB will make a living against them featuring only one running back. They play the run pretty well and bring the wood. The Kaufman pass defense is suspect at times. That's what cost them wins at Canton and Mabank. They blew leads in both games. The Kaufman running game is solid and they use a stable of pretty good and tough runners. A couple that run low to the ground and a couple of runners with speed. The passing game is terrible. The Kaufman QB can't throw a lick so if NB gets a two score lead my home boys may be in trouble. If Kaufman can run the ball, NB will have a problem because that's the Kaufman game. Ball control and defense. Boring football, but hey, it got em this far.

Good luck to both teams.

i see wut ur saying....well NB's defense is awesome against the run (look up #65) and the pass defense has gotten much better.....the passing game is not that great either however i've seen MUCH MUCH improvement recently.....so ithink NB will do more than make a living outta kaufman....i got a pretty good predecition outta the last game against NC ...NB 42 NC 7.....final was NB 41 NC 7 sooooo ima go with

NB 35 KF 14

PG 21 Celina 14

NB vs PG quarter finals....maybe play in at the Texas High Stadium lol either teams stadium would b fine cuz its not like its a long drive to either place for either school most of the kids see each other in TK all the time anywayz

i see wut ur saying....well NB's defense is awesome against the run (look up #65) and the pass defense has gotten much better.....the passing game is not that great either however i've seen MUCH MUCH improvement recently.....so ithink NB will do more than make a living outta kaufman....i got a pretty good predecition outta the last game against NC ...NB 42 NC 7.....final was NB 41 NC 7 sooooo ima go with

NB 35 KF 14

PG 21 Celina 14

NB vs PG quarter finals....maybe play in at the Texas High Stadium lol either teams stadium would b fine cuz its not like its a long drive to either place for either school most of the kids see each other in TK all the time anywayz

Nevada Community is at best, a 2A team ( speaking of which, I see a lot of them on the NB schedule) so, the 41-7 score is not that big of a trick. Scoring near that many on Kaufman will be. In spite of already being beat 35-14, they will probably show up, just for grins. Don't worry about that drive to Texarkana, my friend. NB basketball starts Monday.

chicken

LOL I dont really know enough about either team to make an educated prediction. All I can go by are opponents that we have in common with both teams. Kaufman lost to Mabank and Canton and we beat both of them, Yall lost to Pittsburg, right? IMO Pitt is more talented than both Mabank and Canton, so I'll pick NB in a close one. Better?

Nevada Community is at best, a 2A team ( speaking of which, I see a lot of them on the NB schedule) so, the 41-7 score is not that big of a trick. Scoring near that many on Kaufman will be. In spite of already being beat 35-14, they will probably show up, just for grins. Don't worry about that drive to Texarkana, my friend. NB basketball starts Monday.

Uh, hello ... New Boston also was a 2A school a season ago ... so that logic doesn't fly. Yes, Community was a weak opponent, but no one gets to choose who they play, do they?

First of all, I don't have a dog in this hunt. There are three great games this week in Royse City and I am planning on being at everyone of them.

Celina vs. Tex. Pleasant Grove- I am curious about Celina and the possible return of Waldrep. I know he is a good player. I would never count out the Bobcats, especially in a playoff game. Texarkana Pleasant Grove is the home to some great athletes and they can make things happen. I would not judge PG on their losses, just as I would not judge Celina on their three losses.

Kaufman and New Boston- Now this is going to be a battle. I don't know if these two have ever played, but you could not ask for a better time than at the Region II Regional Semi-Finals. Keep an eye on Kaufman's arsenal of skilled position players. They are very well coached as well and they have a freshman that, if he stays healthy, could be setting state rushing records by the time he is a senior. This will be a challenge, because I understand that New Boston has one of the best defenses in the region, if not the state.

Winnsboro vs. Pilot Point- This is the Saturday game. Just enough time to let the Turkey and dressing settle with a 2 pm kickoff. I am a Winnsboro follower. This team has been one of the most impressive 2A programs in the state for the past two years. Pilot Point is also one of my favorite all-time Texas high school football traditions. The Bearcats will shut down the town for this one and I know Winnsboro will do the same. You could not ask for a better stadium and location to play this game. I can promise you that Royse City ISD Stadium will be rocking for at least four hours on Saturday.

No predictions here on any of these games. All will be too close to call. Some will feature a high powered offensive shoot-out and others could be defensive battles till the end. Either way, I can't wait for Friday when it all begins.

NB is one of the smallest 3A schools in the state......was 2A last year

Doesnt the winner of both games play the following week and if so the winner of the 1st game gets quite of advantage on scouting the next game while the coaches for the 2nd game would not want his players out messing around before their game.

Both Teams have to leave the stadium immediately after the game be it PG or Celina so no they wont get an advantage

well well lookie here mr kaufman speaks up....unfortunately .........nb only dropped 1 game and that was to a playoff team that made Div. 1....Pitt.....Kaufman....dropped 3! so.....dont go judging NB cuz we played a few 2A's ....football is football....nb was 2A last year...wasnt supposed to have a chance in 3A...well lookie here...Region Semi-Finals! so......dont go thinkin ur big and bad cuz u been 3A all so long......i believe ur basketball team is waiting for their starters so.....scoot.....go on....git on back to the b-ball court.......Kaufman ball....if u call it that.....started a few weeks ago....ur late for practice