45-35 sign circling over Stillwater

clutchon18

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is being paid for by fans of UT. If you watched the UT - A$M game you would have caught the interview with the sophmore at UT that started 45-35.com campaign. He is taking donations. Any excess contributions go to charity.

As they say "What starts here, changes the world". Just one sophmore at UT trying to make change. We will see how he does. Did you notice all 45-35 signs at the game? It was his brain child that tried to send the message.

May not like the message, but all it has to change is about 20 voters that had OU ranked ahead of UT in the human polls.

All I can say is it will be the biggest travesty of the entire football season if OU jumps Texas in the BCS polls! :w00t:

While this is obviously not official, I heard on the ESPN yesterday the humans were still leaning towards OU, even after the pants down spanking of the Ags by tu. If that is true, that tells me the computers will fall in love with the Sooners if they dole out a good beating on the Pokes.

Hahaha, touche. But the only thing that I know "deep down inside" is that UT never comes back without Reynolds going down.

And I know "deep down inside" tech never holds Texas to 6 points in the first half without Cosby going down... See two can play the excuse game...

Bleeds, the computers will lean towards OU if they win because the game against A&M will lower our strength of schedule and OSU will strengthen OU. Also an OSU loss will weaken UT's. A&M's loss will not hurt OU because it is hard for A&M to fall much lower in the rankings. The question is will the points OU pick up surpass UT's.

Most analysts on ESPN I have heard are sympathetic to UT argument on the human polls. The one they are most puzzled is the coaches poll where OU has the largest lead on UT. They do not understand how the coaches can put OU ahead in Texas, when historically coaches look at head to head competition.

I think the debate is "who is the best team over 12 weeks of the season" or "who is the best team at a point in time". If you believe in the later, then I would ask - Why does Alabama have 61 1st place votes on the coaches poll?". I think the key to the voting it is consistent.

To me the coaches poll will be the key.

Bleeds, by the way the computers do not look at margin of victory and the humans are supposed to disregard the fact (which we all know is difficult). While your hatred for UT is evident, I hope you noted that Mack Brown showed sportmanship over style points in the fourth quarter. I believe we both know if Mack left McCoy in that the score would have been much worse.

I do wish he had left him in for the 1st play of the fourth quarter so he could leave to a standing ovation he deserved.

Hahaha, touche. But the only thing that I know "deep down inside" is that UT never comes back without Reynolds going down.

Yeah, that one linebacker was apparently making every defensive play on the field. Losing 1 freaking linebacker is the lamest excuse for losing a football game I've ever heard. Losing Bradford you might have an argument, losing some linebacker no one's ever heard of..........lame.

Since you Sooners love excuses, how about the fact that after losing Irby, we didn't have a TE at all.

i would think the location of the games in question would come into play some, but maybe not. ut lost to tech in lubbock and if the freshman catches the ball, completely different story. ou beat tt in norman, much easier than beating them in lubbock i would think. ut beat ou in dallas, and although in texas, pretty much a neutral site

man you teasips sure do cry a lot. when it comes down to it Florida will stomp a mudhole in tu or OU. look at the bright side, if OU wins the Big 12 then at least you guys can go to a bowl game that you might actually win, because there is an abosolutely ZERO percent chance that you could even hang with Florida long enough to make a game out of it. i mean, you couldn't even beat Tech... :whome:

While your hatred for UT is evident, I hope you noted that Mack Brown showed sportmanship over style points in the fourth quarter. I believe we both know if Mack left McCoy in that the score would have been much worse.

I do wish he had left him in for the 1st play of the fourth quarter so he could leave to a standing ovation he deserved.

Hatred is such a strong word. I don't hate tu. I'm an Aggie. My comments in these threads have nothing to do with any perceived hatred for the 'horns. It has more to do with comments made by individuals. But we Aggies have endured our share of smack from the whiney orange over the years. And that's okay. My thoughts are that if you're going to be a college football fan or root for your team, you must be prepared to encounter those who don't like you, or take exception to your comments and assertions, and then be able to put it all into perspective. It's college football. That's all. I know that seems like heresy here in Texas, but like I said, perspective.

The last time tu won a NC, I was one who said it was the best football game I'd ever seen. I was one who patted tu on the back. It was greatness.

McCoy deserves all the accolades he receives. He will go down as one of the great tu QB's. And you're right, he deserved the standing O. It's a shame he didn't get it.

Just seems to me the whiney orange (BTW, I didn't come up with that moniker, Randy Galloway did, I just think it fits) are very thin-skinned. That's what makes this all the more enjoyable.

Good luck with the rest of the season and with the BCS picks. While I don't care who goes, it's always good to have a NC in Texas. Course, with my son at an SEC school...

The signs are cute; I highly doubt the voters care that UT fans and student body think they should be ranked ahead of OU. Seriously, nice try but it's not going to cut it.

Whine about the dropped pick, whine about injuries; whine about home field advantage.

Bottom line: make plays; not signs!

Yeah, that one linebacker was apparently making every defensive play on the field. Losing 1 freaking linebacker is the lamest excuse for losing a football game I've ever heard. Losing Bradford you might have an argument, losing some linebacker no one's ever heard of..........lame.

But what if he's the "Bradford" of our Defense? The Captain who makes the calls and makes sure everyone is in position? Tell ya what, just look at the rushing stats and score before/after he was injured. It tells a compelling story.

...how about the fact that after losing Irby, we didn't have a TE at all.

Oh dear. A spread Offense without a Tight End. However did you guys manage to gain a single yard. :rolleyes:

The signs are cute; I highly doubt the voters care that UT fans and student body think they should be ranked ahead of OU. Seriously, nice try but it's not going to cut it.

Whine about the dropped pick, whine about injuries; whine about home field advantage.

Whine about the fact that you got beat 45-35!!!!

Texas made enough plays in the red River Rivalry game. :rolleyes:

I'm not whining about losing to UT, it was a respectful loss and yes they made the plays. But unlike OU they slipped at the wrong time failing to take care of business and do what needed to be done. I won't be whining when we claim our 3rd Big 12 championship in a row either! I may whine if we choke in the national championship though!