OU in the Big 12 Championship? What a joke!

RandomMan

I can't believe the audacity of that stupid computer that they like to call the BCS. Take the C out and that's more like it. Texas has the class not to try to run it up on everyone like OU and Tech. But hey, who cares about class these days?? If you take into sonsideration that a freshman dropped a sure thing INT against Tech to seal the game, then some people might be singing a different tune. Regardless, Texas is by far a more superior team than OU!! So stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!

45-35.....Nuff Said!!!!!!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNOrtega

If Texas was so great...

Why did they lose to Tech?

Why did their vaunted defense attempt to bring down the best receiver in college football with an arm tackle?

Why did they beat Oklahoma by a measly ten points?

Why did they have to hold on for dear life to beat Oklahoma State at home?

Do you want me to keep going?

You people can post all the reasons in the world as to why tu should be going to KC. Fact is, they are not. No amount of complaining or stomping around, or posting, or griping is going to change that. The fact is, Texas had it's chance to be the sole possessor of an unbeaten season, and Mack put a rookie on the best receiver in the nation. And that guy couldn't manage to drag him out of bounds when he was closer to the sideline than he was to the goal line.

That's what this all boils down to, Mack's decision to put this kid on Crabtree.

I can't believe the audacity of that stupid computer that they like to call the BCS. Take the C out and that's more like it. Texas has the class not to try to run it up on everyone like OU and Tech. But hey, who cares about class these days?? If you take into sonsideration that a freshman dropped a sure thing INT against Tech to seal the game, then some people might be singing a different tune. Regardless, Texas is by far a more superior team than OU!! So stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!

45-35.....Nuff Said!!!!!!

For the record....my stupid co-worker hacked into my account and started this thread with out my consent!!!!! I reject everything that was said!!!! and yes...he is a Horn fan...nuff said!!!!

If Texas was so great...

Why did they lose to Tech?

Why did their vaunted defense attempt to bring down the best receiver in college football with an arm tackle?

Why did they beat Oklahoma by a measly ten points?

Why did they have to hold on for dear life to beat Oklahoma State at home?

Do you want me to keep going?

man u could have stopped at reason number 1.

If Texas was so great...

1 Why did they lose to Tech?

2Why did their vaunted defense attempt to bring down the best receiver in college football with an arm tackle?

3Why did they beat Oklahoma by a measly ten points?

4Why did they have to hold on for dear life to beat Oklahoma State at home?

5 Do you want me to keep going?

1. The best reciever in the nation plays at Tech. He made a heck of a catch to end the game.

2. See #1.

3. Key words....Beat Oklahoma. Why did Tech only beat Baylor by 7?

4. OU had trouble putting OSU away until about 3 minutes left in the game.

5. OU needs to be mindful in this post-thanksgiving time that they were handed the big 12 championship game by computer rankings. I say if they don't handle mizzou by at least 4 Tds they don't belong in the NC. Texas beat Kansas by a score of 35-7. Kansas beat Mizzou. OU should beat the living tar out of Mizzou, but I bet it is a closer game than last year.

Oklahoma will win, it will not be a contest.

The Big 12 should save themselves a lot of trouble and more Oklahoma to the Big 12 North and move someone like IA State down to the South. I know it does not fit but I don't think you need to weaken it more by moving Mo. down. However, your could.

The Big 12 needs to put in a better tie breaker at least. The situation is not the fault of the BCS, it is the fault of the Big 12.

1. The best reciever in the nation plays at Tech. He made a heck of a catch to end the game.

And yet somehow, Mack felt safe putting what was tantamount to a rookie defender on him who couldn't defend the pass, then couldn't make the tackle, even though he was in position to do so. Maybe Mack cost his team a ride to the show as far back as the TT game with that move.

Guest CNOrtega
And yet somehow, Mack felt safe putting what was tantamount to a rookie defender on him who couldn't defend the pass, then couldn't make the tackle, even though he was in position to do so. Maybe Mack cost his team a ride to the show as far back as the TT game with that move.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

You people can post all the reasons in the world as to why tu should be going to KC. Fact is, they are not. No amount of complaining or stomping around, or posting, or griping is going to change that. The fact is, Texas had it's chance to be the sole possessor of an unbeaten season, and Mack put a rookie on the best receiver in the nation. And that guy couldn't manage to drag him out of bounds when he was closer to the sideline than he was to the goal line.

That's what this all boils down to, Mack's decision to put this kid on Crabtree.

Bleeds, the corner covering Crabtree was Curtis Brown, who is not a freshman. Now, the safety you saw take a terrible angle on that particular play is a true freshman named Earl Thomas.

Also, the other true freshman safety Blake Gideon was the guy who dropped the game sealing interception the play before Crabtree's game winning touchdown reception against Brown and Thomas.

The fact is, Texas didn't win when it had ample opportunity, but the fashion in which they lost was great. All these UT haters want to talk about is how Tech dominated UT the entire game and just how embarrassing that is for UT since Oklahoma beat Tech. Get this through your skulls, Texas beat Oklahoma head up on a neutral site.

Tech should've blown the doors off of UT with the way they played in the first half and considering all the injuries UT had to deal with in that football game. Texas lost its senior wide receiver who is on the Belitnekoff (spelling???) list and lost Orakpo for almost all of the 2nd half when they needed him the most. Oh, I guess I could also throw in the fact Texas has played basically the entire season without a TE that can do any pass catching/be a threat in the passing game. In fact, if you go back and run through the RRS in your mind you'll remember the guys on ABC/ESPN during the game kept talking about how amazing it was how Greg Davis and Texas had figured out how to destroy OU's secondary without the use of a TE to threaten the seams in the middle of the field.

Tech was playing at home and they always play two or three notches over their heads when they play against Texas. Oklahoma got Tech in Norman after their big win over UT that they won in the last second of the game. Ya ya, I know you want to fire back with, "Tech lead them the entire game!" I don't care! Texas was winning 33-32.

Texas was one dropped interception away from being ranked #1 from October 12th until present day having endured more top 12 ranked teams in a row than anyone since 1951. When you look at how freaking awesome Texas has been all year, and you decide to put Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship over them even though Texas beat them by 10 points, because Oklahoma looks like they're the best team in the Big 12 right now, it's just completely STUPID!

Yes, I'm crying about it or yelling and screaming about Texas being jumped by Oklahoma, because this was really only about Texas and Oklahoma. Oklahoma's supporters only used Tech and the technicality of the three way tie so that everybody would kind of forget about that game in the Cotton Bowl two months ago. Again, if the Big 12 used a tie-breaker rule like the SEC, ACC or some other conference Texas would've went to the Big 12 title game, because Tech would've been thrown out due to having the lowest BCS ranking and then so long as the top two teams aren't separated by more than five spots in the poll they go back to the two teams' head-to-head match up, and guess what...........

Since Texas beat OU so many weeks ago it's ended up hurting them in the long run. People just don't care about what happened towards the beginning of the season so long as a team is playing really well near the end of the year. On that front, I wouldn't say OU is playing any better than UT right now just because they're scoring in the 60's. If you think Texas could not have been scoring in the 60's the past few weeks you're fooling yourself.

I just don't understand how people can logically argue UT shouldn't be in Kansas City, Saturday night no matter who you're a fan of.

Ridiculous.

They can't argue that they didn't have anyone else to put on Crabtree. A true No. 1 team will have sufficient depth at key positions. Or at least should.

Bleeds, the corner covering Crabtree was Curtis Brown, who is not a freshman. Now, the safety you saw take a terrible angle on that particular play is a true freshman named Earl Thomas.

Brown got beat. It was Thomas' job to come and help on Crabtree. He obviously was not up for that job. Mack should have known that and put someone with some experience back there.

I just don't understand how people can logically argue UT shouldn't be in Kansas City Saturday night no matter who you're a fan of.

You will be hardpressed to find where I said OU deserved to be in KC and tu didn't. I never said anything of the sort. I've only responded to comments made by the whiney orange. Was threatened with being banned for doing so. Needless to say, the guy who threatened me is a 'sip. Once he figured I hadn't violated any rules, he backed off. He still thinks I'm a troll, nonetheless.

Guest CNOrtega

Also, the other true freshman safety Blake Gideon was the guy who dropped the game sealing interception the play before Crabtree's game winning touchdown reception against Brown and Thomas.

The fact is, Texas didn't win when it had ample opportunity, but the fashion in which they lost was great. All these UT haters want to talk about is how Tech dominated UT the entire game and just how embarrassing that is for UT since Oklahoma beat Tech. Get this through your skulls, Texas beat Oklahoma head up on a neutral site.

Tech should've blown the doors off of UT with the way they played in the first half and considering all the injuries UT had to deal with in that football game. Texas lost its senior wide receiver who is on the Belitnekoff (spelling???) list and lost Orakpo for almost all of the 2nd half when they needed him the most. Oh, I guess I could also throw in the fact Texas has played basically the entire season without a TE that can do any pass catching/be a threat in the passing game. In fact, if you go back and run through the RRS in your mind you'll remember the guys on ABC/ESPN during the game kept talking about how amazing it was how Greg Davis and Texas had figured out how to destroy OU's secondary without the use of a TE to threaten the seams in the middle of the field.

Tech was playing at home and they always play two or three notches over their heads when they play against Texas. Oklahoma got Tech in Norman after their big win over UT that they won in the last second of the game. Ya ya, I know you want to fire back with, "Tech lead them the entire game!" I don't care! Texas was winning 33-32.

Texas was one dropped interception away from being ranked #1 from October 12th until present day having endured more top 12 ranked teams in a row than anyone since 1951. When you look at how freaking awesome Texas has been all year, and you decide to put Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship over them even though Texas beat them by 10 points, because Oklahoma looks like they're the best team in the Big 12 right now, it's just completely STUPID!

Yes, I'm crying about it or yelling and screaming about Texas being jumped by Oklahoma, because this was really only about Texas and Oklahoma. Oklahoma's supporters only used Tech and the technicality of the three way tie so that everybody would kind of forget about that game in the Cotton Bowl two months ago. Again, if the Big 12 used a tie-breaker rule like the SEC, ACC or some other conference Texas would've went to the Big 12 title game, because Tech would've been thrown out due to having the lowest BCS ranking and then so long as the top two teams aren't separated by more than five spots in the poll they go back to the two teams' head-to-head match up, and guess what...........

Since Texas beat OU so many weeks ago it's ended up hurting them in the long run. People just don't care about what happened towards the beginning of the season so long as a team is playing really well near the end of the year. On that front, I wouldn't say OU is playing any better than UT right now just because they're scoring in the 60's. If you think Texas could not have been scoring in the 60's the past few weeks you're fooling yourself.

I just don't understand how people can logically argue UT shouldn't be in Kansas City, Saturday night no matter who you're a fan of.

Ridiculous.

whinybaby.jpg

Brown got beat. It was Thomas' job to come and help on Crabtree. He obviously was not up for that job. Mack should have known that and put someone with some experience back there.

You will be hardpressed to find where I said OU deserved to be in KC and tu didn't. I never said anything of the sort. I've only responded to comments made by the whiney orange. Was threatened with being banned for doing so. Needless to say, the guy who threatened me is a 'sip. Once he figured I hadn't violated any rules, he backed off. He still thinks I'm a troll, nonetheless.

Bleeds, I didn't intend for you to read the second statement you have listed above, and think I meant you said UT should not go to KC. Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you on that one, I meant "people" in general.

Ridiculous.

If you can give me something besides 35-45 which is the dumbest thing I've heard because it's not between 2 teams, and injuries I will be happy to listen. Right now I've decided Oklahoma is the better choice because of the point differential between the 3 teams tied at the top, but I'm open to logical reasoning (not a head to head game between 3 teams) from the other side.

Guest CNOrtega
If you can give me something besides 35-45 which is the dumbest thing I've heard because it's not between 2 teams, and injuries I will be happy to listen. Right now I've decided Oklahoma is the better choice because of the point differential between the 3 teams tied at the top, but I'm open to logical reasoning (not a head to head game between 3 teams) from the other side.

You'll be waiting a while. 45-35 is the only bullet in their gun.

Okay, look, you darn well know, that when Tech slipped down as far as they did they dropped out of the conversation, and that in almost every other major conference in the very SAME situation UT would've been sent to the championship game because they and OU were the two higher ranked teams and Texas beat them. So, how do you say 45-35 is the dumbest thing you've ever heard?

Plain and simple, Oklahoma is lucky to be in the Big 12 and not the SEC or another conference that eventually brings a three way tie back to what happened on the field. LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY Okahoma.

You want to go on point differential, because OU had to make up all the ground on UT after falling behind because they lost to Texas. So, in true Sooner and Stoops fashion, Oklahoma consistently left starters on the field late into the 4th quarter of many if not all of their games so they can run up the score.

Mack Brown had Colt out of the game at the 11 minute mark of the 4th quarter in the A&M game with the score at 42-3. Mack knew he could use the style points and could've left Colt in there to make sure and get a couple of late, cheap touchdowns to impress the voters, but Mack Brown doesn't operate that way and I'm glad of it.

Mack Brown=class, character, generosity and compassion.

Bob Stoops=win at all costs

You want to go on point differential, because OU had to make up all the ground on UT after falling behind because they lost to Texas. So, in true Sooner and Stoops fashion, Oklahoma consistently left starters on the field late into the 4th quarter of many if not all of their games so they can run up the score.

Mack Brown had Colt out of the game at the 11 minute mark of the 4th quarter in the A&M game with the score at 42-3. Mack knew he could use the style points and could've left Colt in there to make sure and get a couple of late, cheap touchdowns to impress the voters, but Mack Brown doesn't operate that way and I'm glad of it.

Mack Brown=class, character, generosity and compassion.

Bob Stoops=win at all costs

I'm not talking about all games. I'm talking about Texas vs. Oklahoma, Texas vs. TT, and Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma. That's how the UIL decides it and I kind of how I like it. Oklahoma has the best point differential.