OU in the Big 12 Championship? What a joke!

RandomMan

And all followed by NCAA sanctions. Hmmmm :rolleyes:

Texas Longhorns the alter boys of collegiate football.....whatever...

Book'em%20Horns.gif

ya'll get 3 more and well talk... :thumbsup:

Texas 4.......1963, 1969, 1970...(35 years)...2005...projection to next title 2040...Hmmmm maybe not :rolleyes:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Big 12 needs to put in a better tie breaker at least. The situation is not the fault of the BCS, it is the fault of the Big 12.

RedCreek, I do agree with you....here is an idea that I thought of to help break a 3 way tie breaker, were it to ever happen again in the North or South of the conference.....instead of just the highest BCS team getting the nod to play for the Big XII trophy in the event of a 3 way tie, have the top 2 BCS rated teams out of the 3 way tie play each other a week before the championship game to determine who has the right to play in the Big XII championship...... :thumbsup:

RedCreek, I do agree with you....here is an idea that I thought of to help break a 3 way tie breaker, were it to ever happen again in the North or South of the conference.....instead of just the highest BCS team getting the nod to play for the Big XII trophy in the event of a 3 way tie, have the top 2 BCS rated teams out of the 3 way tie play each other a week before the championship game to determine who has the right to play in the Big XII championship...... :thumbsup:

or they could model it after the sec ....

PP, I'm talking about NCAA sanctions.....a totally different subject, but I wouldn't expect you to know the difference.

I'll be the first one to say UT has had way to much off the field trouble with the law. But, seriously, have fun picking up all that glass. Hope you don't cut yourself. :thumbsup:

PP, I'm talking about NCAA sanctions.....a totally different subject, but I wouldn't expect you to know the difference.

I'll be the first one to say UT has had way to much off the field trouble with the law. But, seriously, have fun picking up all that glass. Hope you don't cut yourself. :thumbsup:

Oh I understand, but nothing of significance. Losing two scholarships for a couple years is no big deal for OU. Almost every team has four or five schollies that float about each year, usually going to walk-ons or sitting unfulfilled after players quit the team or flunk out.

I will, you have fun at the FIESTA bowl :thumbsup:

Oh I understand, but there has been nothing finalized only allegations.

I will you have fun at the FIESTA bowl :thumbsup:

I am going to type this real slow just for you, PantherPoppy.

It's obvious you don't understand. What I am referring to, in response to your 7 MNC's post, was that all of those were followed by NCAA sanctions. And they were finalized, just like the fact that the Sooner football program is on probation right now. :thumbsup:

UR not cocky at all are you ? mizzou is a good football team whether they show up or not is a diff story

Let me add this disclaimer...again. I'm not an OU fan. But I do know they are exponentially better than Mizzou.

This game will be a blowout.

if you say so bud !!! Anything can happen !! i know you know that

You're absolutely right. Anything can happen.

OU by 30.

I am going to type this real slow just for you, PantherPoppy.

It's obvious you don't understand. What I am referring to, in response to your 7 MNC's post, was that all of those were followed by NCAA sanctions. And they were finalized, just like the fact that the Sooner football program is on probation right now. :thumbsup:

OK Immortallititie, if the NCAA wanted to be nasty, it would make a school forfeit future TV revenue/appearances or impose a bowl ban. No, the NCAA was so mad at OU, it slapped Cleveland State with two more years of probation. :rolleyes: In the end, Oklahoma will suffer a little public embarrassment, be the brunt of a few wisecracks from Texas fans on Smoaky ... and march on as a college football power. In the end: Vacating a few wins stinks, but it won't destroy the program's ability to continue to compete. And, really, isn't that what NCAA penalties are supposed to do?

But the NCAA doesn't have the guts to do that to a national heavyweight school. (Not that Oklahoma's infractions merited that type of punishment.)

OK Immortallititie, if the NCAA wanted to be nasty, it would make a school forfeit future TV revenue/appearances or impose a bowl ban. No, the NCAA was so mad at OU, it slapped Cleveland State with two more years of probation. :rolleyes: In the end, Oklahoma will suffer a little public embarrassment, be the brunt of a few wisecracks from Texas fans on Smoaky ... and march on as a college football power. In the end: Vacating a few wins stinks, but it won't destroy the program's ability to continue to compete. And, really, isn't that what NCAA penalties are supposed to do?

But the NCAA doesn't have the guts to do that to a national heavyweight school. (Not that Oklahoma's infractions merited that type of punishment.)

You're forcing me to agree with immortal. You're making my stomach cringe pp. The NCAA should've been alot nastier with the OU situation. SMU got the death penalty for essentially the same situation. Now the NCAA shouldn't and won't give the death penalty ever again, but OU should have gotten more than a wrist slap. You know why they didn't??? MONEY. OU football generates alot of money for the NCAA. It was a business decision to slap ou on the wrist not a disciplinarian one.

You're forcing me to agree with immortal. You're making my stomach cringe pp. The NCAA should've been alot nastier with the OU situation. SMU got the death penalty for essentially the same situation. Now the NCAA shouldn't and won't give the death penalty ever again, but OU should have gotten more than a wrist slap. You know why they didn't??? MONEY. OU football generates alot of money for the NCAA. It was a business decision to slap ou on the wrist not a disciplinarian one.

That was the NCAA's decision on how to handle the situation, not Oklahoma University's! OU can only abide by the rulings and penalties handed down.

That was the NCAA's decision on how to handle the situation, not Oklahoma University's!

But it doesn't make them any less cheaters. They cheated and got caught, cheated and got caught, cheated and got caught and cheated and got caught! NCAA did nothing but they are still cheaters!

But it doesn't make them any less cheaters. They cheated and got caught, cheated and got caught, cheated and got caught and cheated and got caught! NCAA did nothing but they are still cheaters!

Cheaters? Again, OU can only abide by the rulings and penalties handed down.

Guest CNOrtega

I've refrained from posting these last few days because it's a dead horse. Texas isn't going to the conference championship, and in all likelihood, they're not going to the National Championship, either. Do better next year.

Official Big XII Championship Prediction

Oklahoma: 68

Missouri: 28