OU in the Big 12 Championship? What a joke!

RandomMan

Okay, look, you darn well know, that when Tech slipped down as far as they did they dropped out of the conversation, and that in almost every other major conference in the very SAME situation UT would've been sent to the championship game because they and OU were the two higher ranked teams and Texas beat them. So, how do you say 45-35 is the dumbest thing you've ever heard?

Plain and simple, Oklahoma is lucky to be in the Big 12 and not the SEC or another conference that eventually brings a three way tie back to what happened on the field. LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY Okahoma.

So you're either saying that Oklahoma beat tech (the team that beat ut) so badly that they knocked them out of contention, or that texas lost to an inferior team. Right?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not talking about all games. I'm talking about Texas vs. Oklahoma, Texas vs. TT, and Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma. That's how the UIL decides it and I kind of how I like it. Oklahoma has the best point differential.

None of that matters except 45-35! Texas lost to Tech on the last play of the game ON THE ROAD in Lubbock, which is a tough place to play! The bottom line is Texas BEAT Oklahoma on the field. The BCS system is a joke like Booby Stoops! :thumbdown:

You want to go on point differential, because OU had to make up all the ground on UT after falling behind because they lost to Texas. So, in true Sooner and Stoops fashion, Oklahoma consistently left starters on the field late into the 4th quarter of many if not all of their games so they can run up the score.

Mack Brown had Colt out of the game at the 11 minute mark of the 4th quarter in the A&M game with the score at 42-3. Mack knew he could use the style points and could've left Colt in there to make sure and get a couple of late, cheap touchdowns to impress the voters, but Mack Brown doesn't operate that way and I'm glad of it.

Mack Brown=class, character, generosity and compassion.

Bob Stoops=win at all costs

Very true , Bob Stoops has no class! I hope Missouri beats the fire out of OU!

You'll be waiting a while. 45-35 is the only bullet in their gun.

It is the only bullet necessary because it was settled on the field. Even the human voters agree. Only the computers disagreed. So the only bullet OU has is a computer which, unfortunately, decided it in this case.

BTW, I just looked up SOS for you too on Sagarin ratings. UT had the 12th toughest schedule and OU had 17th toughest scheudule. It didn't help their SOS to play 0-11 Washington and D1-AA Chatonooga. So there is another bullet in case you needed it.

Bleeds, I didn't intend for you to read the second statement you have listed above, and think I meant you said UT should not go to KC. Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you on that one, I meant "people" in general.

Roger that!

Okay, look, you darn well know, that when Tech slipped down as far as they did they dropped out of the conversation, and that in almost every other major conference in the very SAME situation UT would've been sent to the championship game because they and OU were the two higher ranked teams and Texas beat them. So, how do you say 45-35 is the dumbest thing you've ever heard?

Plain and simple, Oklahoma is lucky to be in the Big 12 and not the SEC or another conference that eventually brings a three way tie back to what happened on the field. LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY Okahoma.

In the SEC, if there is a three way tie, and the lowest ranked team of those three is not within 5 spots of the others, they are ignored and it goes to head to head between the two top teams.

Seems like a fair way to do it if you ask me.

On that play, Muschamp said they had him doubled. Brown did not get burned, there are NFL corners who can't make that play. The safety coming over swears he heard a whistle - no excuse, but after watching it many times that would be the only explanation as to why he let up the way he did. It would have been very interesting to watch that walkon kicker try that FG from the far right hash - one of the most difficult kicks going

It is the only bullet necessary because it was settled on the field. Even the human voters agree. Only the computers disagreed. So the only bullet OU has is a computer which, unfortunately, decided it in this case.

BTW, I just looked up SOS for you too on Sagarin ratings. UT had the 12th toughest schedule and OU had 17th toughest scheudule. It didn't help their SOS to play 0-11 Washington and D1-AA Chatonooga. So there is another bullet in case you needed it.

Wait. You absolutely cannot complain about the computers when the conference rules include them in the tie-breaker. That's the rule of this conference. Now, it is a stupid rule and I can't for the life of me understand why a group of sane adults would include it in the conference rules, but they did.

It would be different if they tried to do this outside the conference rules, but they did not. The Big XII created this problem by being shortsighted. Bet'cha that tie-breaker is gone by next season.

On that play, Muschamp said they had him doubled. Brown did not get burned, there are NFL corners who can't make that play. The safety coming over swears he heard a whistle - no excuse, but after watching it many times that would be the only explanation as to why he let up the way he did. It would have been very interesting to watch that walkon kicker try that FG from the far right hash - one of the most difficult kicks going

Not buying the whistle story.

By your logic no big 12 south team deserves to go to KC. Tech had the same record and has the scoreboard over texas. Everybody acts like there were only 2 teams tied for the lead.

Wait. You absolutely cannot complain about the computers when the conference rules include them in the tie-breaker. That's the rule of this conference. Now, it is a stupid rule and I can't for the life of me understand why a group of sane adults would include it in the conference rules, but they did.

It would be different if they tried to do this outside the conference rules, but they did not. The Big XII created this problem by being shortsighted. Bet'cha that tie-breaker is gone by next season.

Bleeds, you and I completely agree on that point you just made. You want to hear what makes this even more absurd? I just read some articles about the computers and on certain ones you can plug in game results to see how it will change the numbers. Nebraska kicks a 57 yd FG to beat Colorado on Saturday and then KU beats Mizz on a last second TD. If Col and Mizzouri win, UT gains .04 in the computers because of SOS and the computers are a wash. UT gets in by a small margin. It is truly ridiculous when it gets down to 2 "other" teams winning or losing on the final day to decide who gets into the Big 12 Championship game. You are right, it will be changed next year.

what kills me is that OU almost was punished for beating Tech so bad! If they had beaten them by say 7-14 pts. Tech wouldnt have dropped that far and OU still would have moved up (maybe not as far). Tech would have been in the talk still and everything. Its stupid.

and for the last time "it was in Lubbock" BAYLOR BEARS!!

You'll be waiting a while. 45-35 is the only bullet in their gun.

Texas' offense and OU's offense are similar in some fashions but are very different. Texas does throw the ball alot, but uses the clock as their friend, thus not having 60 pt games everyweek. Texas also doesn't use the jailbreak screens that OU uses What I am saying is this. Texas has a more ball control type offense, if you will, utilizing the clock to their advantage. And they still could've put 50+ pts on some teams that OU did. Here is the difference in Texas and OU

common opponents

opponent vs. Tex D. vs. OU D.

aTm 9pts 28 pts

Ok. state 24 pts 41 pts

Kansas 7 pts 31 pts

Tech 39pts 21 pts

Baylor 21 pts 17pts

total 100pts 138pts

as you can seeTech is the only game where OU outdid the Texas D in common opponents. The Baylor game was a 4 pt difference in OU's favor.

OU should handle Mizzou easily. Anything short of a blowout should knock them out of the NC game in my opinion. IF they beat Mizzou 61-17 put them in the NC game. OU is a good football team, but it seems voters have forgotten what actually wins championships. I feel certain that OU can score points with Florida, but I feel UF will stop OU at times. I foresee another "big game bob" moment in the national championship.

Bleeds - the funny thing is when I went to the Gilmer/WOS game, I sat right above Thomas' uncle or somebody who knows him real well(he's from WOS) Anyway Earl Thomas himself shows up about halftime and I get to talk to him a bit, really well-mannered kid (kept freakin calling me sir - im 33??) and I didn't have the cajones to ask him what happened. The uncle or cousin is who told me he swears he heard a whistle. The funniest part of the story was I had no clue he was from WOS and while the teams were warming up, that play came up in conversation with his uncle/cousin. I commenced to say Brown didn't make that bad of a play, Thomas just took a horrible angle and quit instead of knocking Crabtree's mouthpiece out. Then he tells me that is his boy and the rest is history.... I was looking for the nearest exit for a minute when he was explaining Thomas was his kin and from WOS....

So you're either saying that Oklahoma beat tech (the team that beat ut) so badly that they knocked them out of contention, or that texas lost to an inferior team. Right?

Texas still beat OU so you saying that OU beat Tech so badly makes Texas look bad is an invalid argument. Tech didn't play against OU the way they played in Lubbock against Texas.

It was a completely different set of circumstances and a completely different Tech performance, and you know it. Yes, Oklahoma had something to do with it, but so did their home crowd, and you also know Tech is not the same team on the road as they are at home.

None of that matters except 45-35! Texas lost to Tech on the last play of the game ON THE ROAD in Lubbock, which is a tough place to play! The bottom line is Texas BEAT Oklahoma on the field. The BCS system is a joke like Booby Stoops! :thumbdown:

By your account, are you willing to say that Tech should get the BCS at-large bid over Texas; or will UT fans suddenly become fans of that great ranking system known as the BCS? :thumbsup:

why cant all you UT fans realize yes you did beat O.U. BUT you did NOT beat Tech.. that is why the tiebreaker went into effect.. would you have beaten tech you would be heading to KC.. but you didnt so stop whining... had OSU beaten OU you would still be sittin at home this week so stop whining and hope that mizzou pulls off the upset and sends you to the national championship.. but dont bet on that happening.

Good comeback.

And that's a shame.

im just saying, a few rich college kids mommies and daddies should be ashamed their kids wasted so much money on stupid signs and a plane banner!

also...defense wins championships....

so does scoring more points than the other team. (works 100% of the time)

im just saying, a few rich college kids mommies and daddies should be ashamed their kids wasted so much money on stupid signs and a plane banner!

also...defense wins championships....

so does scoring more points than the other team. (works 100% of the time)

I hope Bob Stoops starts thinking like that about defense and overall philosophy of football. About the rich kids' parents spending a bunch of money to have the plane fly over dragging the banner, we will never know if the plane was owned by someone who's idea it was to get the banner over the stadium or if they had to rent the plane and pilot and purchase the banner.

If they owned the plane and somebody's Daddy flew the plane that's not quite so bad, just devoted fans trying whatever they can do to help out their favorite team. I'm glad they did it, because I guarantee that generated a buzz and they mentioned it on Gameday and made a big deal about it thus putting UT's triumph over Oklahoma at the forefront of everyone's thinking.

I think it may be part of the reason UT has the slight advantage over OU in the human polls this week, but I think after OU destroys MU on Saturday night all those people who switched from OU to UT this week will shift their support back to OU in the human polls and OU will be way ahead of UT in the BCS polls from here on out.