OU in the Big 12 Championship? What a joke!

RandomMan

Texas still beat OU so you saying that OU beat Tech so badly makes Texas look bad is an invalid argument.

Thank you for proving my point. Using the ou vs. tech score IS invalid. Just like using the tech vs. texas score is invalid. Just like using the whole 35-45 IS invalid.

Is the right big 12 south team playing in the championship? I don't know. Do I know the right way to decide it right now? No. I just know it's not about saying who beat who. All 3 have the same record. All 3 have lost to one another.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the right big 12 south team playing in the championship? I don't know. Do I know the right way to decide it right now? No. I just know it's not about saying who beat who. All 3 have the same record. All 3 have lost to one another.

So, you really don't know anything. Good post :thumbsup:

why cant all you UT fans realize yes you did beat O.U. BUT you did NOT beat Tech.. that is why the tiebreaker went into effect.. would you have beaten tech you would be heading to KC.. but you didnt so stop whining... had OSU beaten OU you would still be sittin at home this week so stop whining and hope that mizzou pulls off the upset and sends you to the national championship.. but dont bet on that happening.

man this is the best post on this subject. thats what ive been saying all along, if texas wanted to be in the big 12 championship game they should have beaten tech.

dont worry texas there is always the cotton bowl lol

I understand Texas fans passion but let me put this in boxing terms. Knock your opponent out and don't let it go to the judges. Texas had two critical defensive lapses at the end of the Texas Tech game, the dropped interception and the missed tackle on Crabtree. If Texas or Oklahoma for that matter were undefeated we are not having this conversation. A boxer can think he is ahead on the judges scorecard only to lose the decsion. Lets pull for a Florida victory in several overtimes and see how the BCS computer ranking change. I think an overtime loss might move Texas up I could be wrong.

Yes, I'm crying about it or yelling and screaming about Texas being jumped by Oklahoma, because this was really only about Texas and Oklahoma. Oklahoma's supporters only used Tech and the technicality of the three way tie so that everybody would kind of forget about that game in the Cotton Bowl two months ago.

Again, if the Big 12 used a tie-breaker rule like the SEC, ACC or some other conference Texas would've went to the Big 12 title game, because Tech would've been thrown out due to having the lowest BCS ranking and then so long as the top two teams aren't separated by more than five spots in the poll they go back to the two teams' head-to-head match up, and guess what...........

I like the way you refer to Tech's amazing season, getting a piece of the Big XII South this year and beating Texas, as a mere technicality....show some respect!!!!

secondly, if "if's and but's where candy and nuts, we would all have a wonderful christmas", the chips fell and Texas was found wanting....time to move on and focus on your bowl game!!!! Be like Mack!!!

I hope Bob Stoops starts thinking like that about defense and overall philosophy of football. About the rich kids' parents spending a bunch of money to have the plane fly over dragging the banner, we will never know if the plane was owned by someone who's idea it was to get the banner over the stadium or if they had to rent the plane and pilot and purchase the banner.

If they owned the plane and somebody's Daddy flew the plane that's not quite so bad, just devoted fans trying whatever they can do to help out their favorite team. I'm glad they did it, because I guarantee that generated a buzz and they mentioned it on Gameday and made a big deal about it thus putting UT's triumph over Oklahoma at the forefront of everyone's thinking.

I think it may be part of the reason UT has the slight advantage over OU in the human polls this week, but I think after OU destroys MU on Saturday night all those people who switched from OU to UT this week will shift their support back to OU in the human polls and OU will be way ahead of UT in the BCS polls from here on out.

I'm having a hard time figuring out who your supporting, UT or OU???

It is a shame the Bcs is set up to reward those who intenionaly run up the score on opponents . Mack Brown and the Horns showed alot of class and sportsmanship. be not runnig up the score on the Aggies and setting their starterS and letting the young players play. I have a great deal of respect for Mack and UT They show alot of class.year end and year out, win or lose! not sure we can say the same about ou.

It is a shame the Bcs is set up to reward those who intenionaly run up the score on opponents . Mack Brown and the Horns showed alot of class and sportsmanship. be not runnig up the score on the Aggies and setting their starterS and letting the young players play. I have a great deal of respect for Mack and UT They show alot of class.year end and year out, win or lose! not sure we can say the same about ou.

Gee. When did a 40 pt spanking become "not running the score up"? At what point between knowing the game is won and 49 points did Mack decide to not run the score up?

The whiney orange pat Mack on the back for being so magnanimus and not running the score up on his opponents. I tend to believe he scores as much as he can. No evidence to the contrary.

tech wont win a bowl game if crabtree an harrell dont heal up !!!! as far as ou goes they will be begging for florida to run the clock if they get passed mizzou !!! Mizzou defense is huge if the get physical this game could be a great game go tigers !!!

I have always said that I like the way Mack runs his program. He is an example to all coaches and he has a model program. UT should be proud of their teams accomplishments this year. I'm sure in the end they will be rewarded for it! Maybe even a piece of the title this year.....

why cant all you UT fans realize yes you did beat O.U. BUT you did NOT beat Tech.. that is why the tiebreaker went into effect.. would you have beaten tech you would be heading to KC.. but you didnt so stop whining... had OSU beaten OU you would still be sittin at home this week so stop whining and hope that mizzou pulls off the upset and sends you to the national championship.. but dont bet on that happening.

Not ALL of us UT fans are whining. I don't like it, but it's done so let's move on is the way I'm thinking.

I didn't read all 4 pages and surely someone's mentioned it already, but...

Texas beat both contenders in the BIG12 CCG. Plus the past end of the year perfomences should be taken into account. Choklohoma has melted down in the last 4 bowl games. Losing to Boise ST. and WV should be reason enough to screw them around, the land thieves deserve it.

The BCS commishioners heads should roll. FIRE these losers and get a playoff.

Texas beat both contenders in the BIG12 CCG. Plus the past end of the year perfomences should be taken into account. Choklohoma has melted down in the last 4 bowl games. Losing to Boise ST. and WV should be reason enough to screw them around, the land thieves deserve it.

The BCS commishioners heads should roll. FIRE these losers and get a playoff.

Except for the BCS part, that's by far the lamest post to date on this topic.

You want to throw the rules out, the same rules the conference put in place, PLUS use last years record to determine who goes to the big dance?

Are you really a five star boss? With logic like that, I have my doubts.

Guest CNOrtega

Texas beat both contenders in the BIG12 CCG. Plus the past end of the year perfomences should be taken into account.

I stopped reading at this point. Are you high? By that logic, the New England Patriots should automatically qualify for the playoffs because of last year's record, and Ohio State should always go to the National Championship.

heres the way i see it... Texas isn't 100% out of the picture just yet...so fellow UT fans..CALM DOWN. However our chances of seeing the Horns play in the Big One this year are slim..there is still a chance. This is college football we are talking about...its unpredictable. Any given Saturday any great team can lose. Oklahoma and Alabama can both lose and put Texas vs. Florida in the NC! If not, oh well, may the best team win! There is always next year...plus Mack has said he expects next years Horns will be better than the 05 squad. So dont worry...Texas will win another BCS National Title soon.

Thank you for proving my point. Using the ou vs. tech score IS invalid. Just like using the tech vs. texas score is invalid. Just like using the whole 35-45 IS invalid.

The right way to decide it is like the SEC and other major conferences do. Use ranking only to eliminate one team. The two higher ranked teams use the head to head after that. That makes perfect sense to me and so many other college administrators so the Big 12 should do the same.

That's why all the guys on ESPN are saying UT got hosed.

catluv, I agree with you the Big XII should use the SEC as a model for it's tie-breaker rules. But I don't understand how tu got hosed if they went by the current rules. And everyone knew those rules going into the season, although none of them, I'm sure expected to be affected by them.

I like the way you refer to Tech's amazing season, getting a piece of the Big XII South this year and beating Texas, as a mere technicality....show some respect!!!!

secondly, if "if's and but's where candy and nuts, we would all have a wonderful christmas", the chips fell and Texas was found wanting....time to move on and focus on your bowl game!!!! Be like Mack!!!

Yo, you know Tech beating Texas was pure luck as the game slipped through our hands for sure once (Gideon) if not twice (Thomas & Brown). Ya, ya, ya, Tech lead UT the entire game and owned the first half. They still had to get extremely lucky to beat Texas, who played their worst conference game of the season and still should've won.

How about you show Texas some respect!!!!

Everyone, everyone being non-fans of Texas and negative fans of UT, thought Texas was going to finish third or fourth in the south division of the conference this year, but this team was one dropped interception away from still being ranked #1 in the country and would've pulled off playing and defeating four teams all ranked 11 or better in the major polls in consecutive weeks without a break between any of them. It was the first time any team has done it since 1951.

How about you show some respect to the season Texas has had in a year all the prognosticators thought they would lose four games.

OU and Tech both got to win their game against Texas or Texas Tech at their home field. Texas beat Oklahoma at the Cotton Bowl with the fans split 50/50 so they had no advantage as both OU and Tech had in playing their other big game of the season.

ESPN did a national poll online asking who should represent the Big 12 south division in the title game, and the result was 61% said Texas, 39% said OU and none said Tech. It's not just people in Texas or on this forum that think UT got ripped off.

Okay, let's just do away with the season and rely on unscientific polls by ESPN to decide who goes to the CCG.

Ripped off.

You people kill me.

Tell me again how playing by the rules is being ripped off.

catluv, I agree with you the Big XII should use the SEC as a model for it's tie-breaker rules. But I don't understand how tu got hosed if they went by the current rules. And everyone knew those rules going into the season, although none of them, I'm sure expected to be affected by them.

You know that in the court of public opinion this was between UT and OU and Tech was too far behind to catch up and be a factor in the polls. So, this ended up being about the human voters bolstering OU for three or four weeks until this past weekend when they slightly shifted back to Texas just because everyone realized in those other conferences UT would've been the clear choice to go two weeks ago.

Texas got hosed, because this is a stupid way to settle a three way tie, and they got screwed by all those people voting OU higher for quite a few weeks even though Texas beat them by ten. If OU hadn't gotten so many human votes leading up until last week, the advantage they got this past week in the computers wouldn't have been enough for OU to jump UT.

So, again it goes back to the thinking we have here in this country of, "what have you done for me lately?" It's like people think, "UT beat OU, when was that like sometime near the beginning of the season? Oh well, that was so long ago it doesn't count for very much, and OU is playing so good right now."

Well, UT hasn't lost since the Tech game, and they were ranked ahead of OU in the BCS up until last week. UT got jumped and hasn't lost since November 3rd......a last second, final play from scrimmage loss after having the game sealing int slip through their hands.

OU was beaten soundly at a neutral site, not on the road in a fluke win for the opposition.

OU was beaten soundly at a neutral site, not on the road in a fluke win for the opposition.

Not one homer thought in that. OU decided the game in the 1st quarter against Tech, they didn't wait until the final second to give Tech a chance at a "fluke" win. The system sent OU to the championship game, Stoops or Mack had nothing to do with it. The system is flawed, if anything OU and Texas should be playing for the chance to go to the NC game. That would be in the best interest of the Big XII, the North vs South is what is stupid, the two highest ranked teams should play to determine who is the best team in the Big XII. Write your AD's and get the tie-breaker or Big XII championship game changed!!! Stop with the UT got screwed whining. I am a OU grad but I alway pull for the other Big XII teams, when they are not playing OU, the better all the teams do in the Big XII, the better we look for the national media.

soundly...a touch down and a field goal, one of those scores coming after hope was already lost...

Texas dominated the second half of that game scoring 25 (I think) points to OU's 14, and Texas owned both sides of the ball as OU tried to get back into the game late, but couldn't muster any kind of a comeback.

Not one homer thought in that. OU decided the game in the 1st quarter against Tech, they didn't wait until the final second to give Tech a chance at a "fluke" win. The system sent OU to the championship game, Stoops or Mack had nothing to do with it. The system is flawed, if anything OU and Texas should be playing for the chance to go to the NC game. That would be in the best interest of the Big XII, the North vs South is what is stupid, the two highest ranked teams should play to determine who is the best team in the Big XII. Write your AD's and get the tie-breaker or Big XII championship game changed!!! Stop with the UT got screwed whining. I am a OU grad but I alway pull for the other Big XII teams, when they are not playing OU, the better all the teams do in the Big XII, the better we look for the national media.

I agree with UT vs OU to play for the national title and represent the Big 12, and I also agree the North/South thing is bad right now too.

You know that in the court of public opinion this was between UT and OU and Tech was too far behind to catch up and be a factor in the polls. So, this ended up being about the human voters bolstering OU for three or four weeks until this past weekend when they slightly shifted back to Texas just because everyone realized in those other conferences UT would've been the clear choice to go two weeks ago.

Texas got hosed, because this is a stupid way to settle a three way tie, and they got screwed by all those people voting OU higher for quite a few weeks even though Texas beat them by ten. If OU hadn't gotten so many human votes leading up until last week, the advantage they got this past week in the computers wouldn't have been enough for OU to jump UT.

So, again it goes back to the thinking we have here in this country of, "what have you done for me lately?" It's like people think, "UT beat OU, when was that like sometime near the beginning of the season? Oh well, that was so long ago it doesn't count for very much, and OU is playing so good right now."

Well, UT hasn't lost since the Tech game, and they were ranked ahead of OU in the BCS up until last week. UT got jumped and hasn't lost since November 3rd......a last second, final play from scrimmage loss after having the game sealing int slip through their hands.

Fluke? Nice. TT handled tu for all of the first half and part of the second. You can ignore that all day, but it will not change.

BTW, most of your post is inaccurate. This ISN'T decided by the court of public opinion, if it was tu would be in, because "...we're Texas". Nor was this between two teams. This is a Big XII issue, not SEC. Why wasn't anyone whining about these rules halfway through the season?

As for this being about human voters voting for OU because their impressive wins late, you are right. That happens EVERY year. Teams start out ranked at a certain spot, and as the year progresses they change, until their final ranking, which reflects their prowess at the end of the season. If it wasn't done like this, there would be no need to rerank as the season plays out, or even play for that matter.

Rankings change. Teams change. The final rankings reflect where a specific team is at the end of the season in respect to other teams. And you're right, tu hasn't lost since TT. But even you have to admit tu's schedule has gotten progressively easier while OU's got tougher. Gotta give that a nod. Win against TT, and that doesn't matter. Go into the end of the season tied, however, and it MUST be considered.

Just because you think this is a stupid way to determine to handle a three way tie, doesn't make it any less valid. Rules are rules. Just another example of why the SEC is a better conference. They settle their ties amongst themselves without involving the Great Satan BCS.

Rules are rules. Someone can only get hosed if those rules were violated and they were not.