OU in the Big 12 Championship? What a joke!

RandomMan

Not one homer thought in that. OU decided the game in the 1st quarter against Tech, they didn't wait until the final second to give Tech a chance at a "fluke" win. The system sent OU to the championship game, Stoops or Mack had nothing to do with it. The system is flawed, if anything OU and Texas should be playing for the chance to go to the NC game. That would be in the best interest of the Big XII, the North vs South is what is stupid, the two highest ranked teams should play to determine who is the best team in the Big XII. Write your AD's and get the tie-breaker or Big XII championship game changed!!! Stop with the UT got screwed whining. I am a OU grad but I alway pull for the other Big XII teams, when they are not playing OU, the better all the teams do in the Big XII, the better we look for the national media.

Texas and OU playing for the Big XII title and a shot at a NC would be good for you and I, but the Big XII officials see thing differently. They are all about the $$$$$, and if they did play, the loser would probably fall out of a BCS bowl, taking $$ away. I sincerely believe the Big XII guys are very pleased with this season. The get the best of both worlds - BigXII title game = BIG$$, OU going to BCS(probably)=BIG$$ & Texas going to BCS=BIG$$....After it's all said and done, they are going to feel like they robbed a bank...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fluke? Nice. TT handled tu for all of the first half and part of the second. You can ignore that all day, but it will not change.

BTW, most of your post is inaccurate. This ISN'T decided by the court of public opinion, if it was tu would be in, because "...we're Texas". Nor was this between two teams. This is a Big XII issue, not SEC. Why wasn't anyone whining about these rules halfway through the season?

As for this being about human voters voting for OU because their impressive wins late, you are right. That happens EVERY year. Teams start out ranked at a certain spot, and as the year progresses they change, until their final ranking, which reflects their prowess at the end of the season. If it wasn't done like this, there would be no need to rerank as the season plays out, or even play for that matter.

Rankings change. Teams change. The final rankings reflect where a specific team is at the end of the season in respect to other teams. And you're right, tu hasn't lost since TT. But even you have to admit tu's schedule has gotten progressively easier while OU's got tougher. Gotta give that a nod. Win against TT, and that doesn't matter. Go into the end of the season tied, however, and it MUST be considered.

Just because you think this is a stupid way to determine to handle a three way tie, doesn't make it any less valid. Rules are rules. Just another example of why the SEC is a better conference. They settle their ties amongst themselves without involving the Great Satan BCS.

Rules are rules. Someone can only get hosed if those rules were violated and they were not.

Very nice bleeds, very nice!

Texas and OU playing for the Big XII title and a shot at a NC would be good for you and I, but the Big XII officials see thing differently. They are all about the $$$$$, and if they did play, the loser would probably fall out of a BCS bowl, taking $$ away. I sincerely believe the Big XII guys are very pleased with this season. The get the best of both worlds - BigXII title game = BIG$$, OU going to BCS(probably)=BIG$$ & Texas going to BCS=BIG$$....After it's all said and done, they are going to feel like they robbed a bank...

The MONEY would be really good for both teams no matter which way it ended up going as both will be in top bowls. I was just sayin'...but I hear ya.

The MONEY would be really good for both teams no matter which way it ended up going as both will be in top bowls. I was just sayin'...but I hear ya.

The MONEY doesn't just go to those teams - it is divided equally 12 ways and ATM, Iowa State and Baylor get just as much as OU and Texas.... The payout from a BCS bowl and a "top bowl" are substantially different.. Anyway...

A BCS bowl is paying approximately $17 million.... The next highest is Capitol One Bowl at $4.25 million...The Big 12 is lovin' this- the top two teams are going to BCS bowls (probably) and they also got away with a huge chunk made off of the Big 12 championship game (and avoided knocking one of the top two out of BCS bowl)... They got their cake and ate it too....

Make no mistake - they are like everybody else in the entertainment industry - all about the money. And they ran the table this year...

A BCS bowl is paying approximately $17 million.... The next highest is Capitol One Bowl at $4.25 million...The Big 12 is lovin' this- the top two teams are going to BCS bowls (probably) and they also got away with a huge chunk made off of the Big 12 championship game (and avoided knocking one of the top two out of BCS bowl)... They got their cake and ate it too....

Make no mistake - they are like everybody else in the entertainment industry - all about the money. And they ran the table this year...

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/facts

I got ya, according to this Fox site the bowl payout for the BCS bowls including the NC is $17.5 million per conference, with the Big XII making two of them it makes the money pretty sweet....

Except for the BCS part, that's by far the lamest post to date on this topic.

You want to throw the rules out, the same rules the conference put in place, PLUS use last years record to determine who goes to the big dance?

Are you really a five star boss? With logic like that, I have my doubts.

nononono

i meant voters should have that in the back of their mind.

am i a 5starboss? do you know what that is? it's just a screenname.

do you bleeds everywhere or just once a month between your legs?

nononono

i meant voters should have that in the back of their mind.

am i a 5starboss? do you know what that is? it's just a screenname.

do you bleeds everywhere or just once a month between your legs?

Nice. And so mature. Did you get that off "JrHighComebacks.com"?

You come on here with this lame junk...

Texas beat both contenders in the BIG12 CCG. Plus the past end of the year perfomences should be taken into account. Choklohoma has melted down in the last 4 bowl games. Losing to Boise ST. and WV should be reason enough to screw them around, the land thieves deserve it.

...proving you know diddly about college ranking. Then when slammed for it, this is all you can come up with. What a rank amature.

Listen Jr. If you don't like OU, fine. I don't either. But don't let that hatred lure you into the trap of revealing how little you know about the subject, or worse yet, how empty your "come-back" repertoire is. You will be eaten alive in these threads. I'm feeling a bit peckish right now my self for that matter.

Anyone who thinks past year's performances have anything to do with a given year's end of season ranking is either brain dead, or posting from some Quaker sewing class in central Pennsylvania.

Now, go work on your "Nuh-uh. Uh-huh's" before you embarrass yourself again.

Boise St. Please!

Immature yes, funny as hell - yes. Sorry bleeds, that was low blow that made me laugh out loud.

No doubt.

Glad to know you've had a laugh at my expense. God knows I've my share at yours. :thumbsup:

Fluke? Nice. TT handled tu for all of the first half and part of the second. You can ignore that all day, but it will not change.

It was a complete fluke that Gideon didn't catch a ball that was fluttering in the air that would've ended the game. He could've tipped that thing 3 times before anyone would've gotten close to him. You know the game usually would've ended right there are UT would still be undefeated and ranked #1 in country with Colt's Heisman trophy in the bag had Gideon made that catch......yes it was a fluke. Tech played a great game, and I DO respect their effort that night, and winning on the last play of the game, but it was a fluke UT didn't win.

This whole "but, but, we're Texas" thing is ignorant and it needs to stop. I don't think that Texas is more entitled to anything than your Aggies Mr. Bleeds, or your Sooners Mr. CNOrtega. It's goofy and needs to stop.

No doubt.

Glad to know you've had a laugh at my expense. God knows I've my share at yours. :thumbsup:

I know you have. Way to get in the last jab that you're known so well for. Oops... I guess I kind of did the same thing. My friends refer to me as Mr. Passive-Aggressive.

Come on bleeds, don't get upset. You've been dogging my Horns all week even though you've said you don't have a dog in the fight. I even thought you were going to jump on the OU bandwagon at one time.

Anyway, it's not really at your expense, it's just a screen name. You're a pretty witty guy that came across another witty guy. You poked fun at his screen name, he came back at you. If we were keeping score with all the comebacks, I'm sure you'd still have a monstrous lead. :thumbsup:

Why wasn't anyone whining about these rules halfway through the season?

Because even halfway through the season we still didn't know they existed, and you can't blame us for not knowing the 5th tie-breaker rule for the Big 12 until now. As if you knew what it was before the season started or halfway through the season...................

Alright, before any of your UT haters reply to any of my recent posts about UT getting snubbed by the BCS in favor of Oklahoma I want you to know I will not reply any longer, because it's like trying to talk sense into a brick wall with you people. You just don't WANT to understand UT's side of this whole deal, because you love seeing UT and their fan base suffer any and every chance you get.

So, of course you won't listen to logic or well thought through points of view about the recent events in the BCS standings, but just enjoy UT's suffering over the whole thing. Texas beat both of the teams in the title game...............

Anyhow, I'm done with this topic, because I'm getting nowhere with it.

I will not type about it anymore, and am just waiting for the Big 12 championship game to come around so we can all talk about something different than UT vs OU for the right to play in the Big 12 title game.

Congratulations to OU and their fans on edging out Texas to play in the Big 12 championship game. OU has had a great season thus far, and has played quite well with a sure fire Heisman candidate at the controls of one of the best offenses in the country. Good job and well done.

Go Missouri Tigers in the Big 12 championship game!

Because even halfway through the season we still didn't know they existed, and you can't blame us for not knowing the 5th tie-breaker rule for the Big 12 until now. As if you knew what it was before the season started or halfway through the season...................

So, what you're saying is the rules only matter to you when they work against you?

You're right, I didn't know the 5th tiebreaker. I didn't have to. I assumed the rules would be followed. Far as I can tell, they were. Doesn't seem to me good enough for some though. Seems some want them to be thrown out so their team can go to the show.

I know you have. Way to get in the last jab that you're known so well for. Oops... I guess I kind of did the same thing. My friends refer to me as Mr. Passive-Aggressive.

Come on bleeds, don't get upset. You've been dogging my Horns all week even though you've said you don't have a dog in the fight. I even thought you were going to jump on the OU bandwagon at one time.

Anyway, it's not really at your expense, it's just a screen name. You're a pretty witty guy that came across another witty guy. You poked fun at his screen name, he came back at you. If we were keeping score with all the comebacks, I'm sure you'd still have a monstrous lead. :thumbsup:

1) Not upset.

2) Not dogging the 'horns. Just pointing out facts. Rules are rules.

3) I've said time and time again, I don't like tu, TT, or OU. No bandwagons here.

4) You can call 5starboss a lot of things. Witty shouldn't be on that list. I thought his comeback was juvenile at best.

Nice. And so mature. Did you get that off "JrHighComebacks.com"?

You come on here with this lame junk...

...proving you know diddly about college ranking. Then when slammed for it, this is all you can come up with. What a rank amature.

Listen Jr. If you don't like OU, fine. I don't either. But don't let that hatred lure you into the trap of revealing how little you know about the subject, or worse yet, how empty your "come-back" repertoire is. You will be eaten alive in these threads. I'm feeling a bit peckish right now my self for that matter.

Anyone who thinks past year's performances have anything to do with a given year's end of season ranking is either brain dead, or posting from some Quaker sewing class in central Pennsylvania.

Now, go work on your "Nuh-uh. Uh-huh's" before you embarrass yourself again.

Boise St. Please!

so i had a few bad ideas when i was venting. does this prevent me from ever having a good idea? i didn't realize my post would be given such a flogging in the 2 minutes it took me to type it.

Considering tradition and history ( past performances) to rank teams happens all the time. Notre Dame was overrated the last few seasons, mostly due to the their tradition of winning. You could prolly say the same about ohio state at the start of this year. But your right most voters are brain dead for considering such things.

anyway, i have to finish sewing your dress to get it in the mail before christmas....with love from PENN....

Alright, before any of your UT haters reply to any of my recent posts about UT

Talk about a hater, you can't make a post without degrading OU. Sure you put in some nice words....

Congratulations to OU and their fans on edging out Texas to play in the Big 12 championship game. OU has had a great season thus far, and has played quite well with a sure fire Heisman candidate at the controls of one of the best offenses in the country. Good job and well done.

But you can't leave it at that you have to get your hate in....

Go Missouri Tigers in the Big 12 championship game!

tough love I guess.

:happy65: HOOKED ON CRACK :D

OU got into the championship game because of the Big XII rules! OU beats the pants off mizzou, then they will blown away either Florida or bama, and tu will be crying about how they should be co-champions :thumbdown:

so i had a few bad ideas when i was venting. does this prevent me from ever having a good idea? i didn't realize my post would be given such a flogging in the 2 minutes it took me to type it.

Considering tradition and history ( past performances) to rank teams happens all the time. Notre Dame was overrated the last few seasons, mostly due to the their tradition of winning. You could prolly say the same about ohio state at the start of this year. But your right most voters are brain dead for considering such things.

anyway, i have to finish sewing your dress to get it in the mail before christmas....with love from PENN....

So I was right.