OU in the Big 12 Championship? What a joke!

RandomMan

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am a longhorn fan...maybe not a good one, but OU won every game after the texas game by a crazy margin...they put up 60 the last 4 games...had texas done that against baylor, kansas, and TAMU then i believe texas would be big 12 champs...thing is, stoops knew he would have to put up style points, so he left bradford in a series or two extra and it paid off...its classless and tacky, but it got him where he needed to be.

the texas ou game was pointless this year. but ou looked fancy enough to get where they needed to go. however, karma can bite you in the rear...

Bleeds sometimes common sense needs to be applied sometimes. There for years there was a law still on the books in Pennslyvania that stated that to drive a night their had to be a person with a latern 40 paces in front. According to you if a Highway Patrolman wanted to he could stop them and write them a ticket . Would it be unfair of the Judge to throw it out because of common sense or is a Law a Law and you go by it no matter what.

I know that the rule for the 5th tiebreaker says use the BCS rankings to determine who plays in the Big 12 championship but if it goes against common sense (which 95% of the sporting world thinks so) should it not be addressed this year instead of next. I really don't know how much thought was put into this rule because it was the 5th tie breaker.

I will close with this I hope the Big 12 does well in all its Bowl games and lets hopr for a playoff in the next 10 years or so.

Bleeds sometimes common sense needs to be applied sometimes. There for years there was a law still on the books in Pennslyvania that stated that to drive a night their had to be a person with a latern 40 paces in front. According to you if a Highway Patrolman wanted to he could stop them and write them a ticket . Would it be unfair of the Judge to throw it out because of common sense or is a Law a Law and you go by it no matter what.

I know that the rule for the 5th tiebreaker says use the BCS rankings to determine who plays in the Big 12 championship but if it goes against common sense (which 95% of the sporting world thinks so) should it not be addressed this year instead of next. I really don't know how much thought was put into this rule because it was the 5th tie breaker.

I will close with this I hope the Big 12 does well in all its Bowl games and lets hopr for a playoff in the next 10 years or so.

Nice try 514, but, uh, we're not talking about driving at night in Pennsylvania, nor are we talking about the law. We're talking about rules, rules that were set forth by the conference and agreed to by all members of said conference. That means they agreed to abide by the rules of the conference. They have these rules just for situations like this. So there is no favoritism. When it all gets dicey, they don't have to rely on what they THINK they should do. All they have to do is drag out the ol' rulebook and take a look. Yep. That's what the rule says. Case settled.

If the conference had ignored the rule and gonw with what you call public opinion, but what is really tu slant, then OU would have had a valid case. But they went by the rules. And while tu may (read: will) continue to whine about it, nothing will change.

i am a longhorn fan...maybe not a good one, but OU won every game after the texas game by a crazy margin...they put up 60 the last 4 games...had texas done that against baylor, kansas, and TAMU then i believe texas would be big 12 champs...thing is, stoops knew he would have to put up style points, so he left bradford in a series or two extra and it paid off...its classless and tacky, but it got him where he needed to be.

the texas ou game was pointless this year. but ou looked fancy enough to get where they needed to go. however, karma can bite you in the rear...

People put way much stock into the whole scoring 60 bit.

If OU was not giving up points defensively to Kansas, K-State and etc, then maybe I would have a different opinion.

Their performances have simply not been like Florida. Florida has scored a lot and hasn't given up as many which what I've liked to see.

You can't change the tie-breaker rules during the season without 100% consent. I wish UT was playing this Saturday, but we lost the tie-breaker... plain and simple. I do think they rule needs to be changed for future years, and it's not because UT is not representing the South.

Nice try 514, but, uh, we're not talking about talking about driving at night in Pennsylvania, nor are we talking about the law. We're talking about rules, rules that were set forth by the conference and agreed to by all members of said conference. That means they agreed to abide by the rules of the conference. They have these rules just for situations like this. So there is no favoritism. When it all gets dicey, they don't have to rely on what they THINK they should do. All they have to do is drag out the ol' rulebook and take a look. Yep. That's what the rule says. Case settled.

If the conference had ignored the rule and gonw with what you call public opinion, but what is really tu slant, then OU would have had a valid case. But they went by the rules. And while tu may (read: will) continue to whine about it, nothing will change.

bleeds that make too much sense, can't wait for the reply...

http://www.statesman.com/

Thankfully Tech is claiming this.

WOW!!! I watch ESPN everynight. I've yet to see Mack Brown whine about anything. He has said Texas has a great group of kids that have worked hard, and we will play where ever they send us. The closest I can think of him whining is when he said, "It is what it is." And by the way, why would Tech send it?

WOW!!! I watch ESPN everynight. I've yet to see Mack Brown whine about anything. He has said Texas has a great group of kids that have worked hard, and we will play where ever they send us. The closest I can think of him whining is when he said, "It is what it is." And by the way, why would Tech send it?

From the www.39-33.com website: There's a plane circling the UT campus this morning carrying a banner with the above message. We've received word that this was done by a Tech alum... read about it here.

And by the way, why would any fan base resort to these antics?

I would not waist the money on it myself. I think it was a waist of money in Stillwater and Austin to fly the banners , but as long as College Football Champs are decieded by vote instead of on the field stuff like this may get worse before they get better.

I haven't posted about this yet, and after almost a week of being upset at the tiebreaker, I have to say I am ok with Texas not making it. Sure they have a great team and one that could compete for a NC, but the tiebreaker kept them out. It stinks, but there is not much you can do. I won't say OU doesn't deserve to be there, but I will be rooting hard for Missouri this week. If that fails, I will be rooting hard for Florida/Alabama to win the NC.

I haven't posted about this yet, and after almost a week of being upset at the tiebreaker, I have to say I am ok with Texas not making it. Sure they have a great team and one that could compete for a NC, but the tiebreaker kept them out. It stinks, but there is not much you can do. I won't say OU doesn't deserve to be there, but I will be rooting hard for Missouri this week. If that fails, I will be rooting hard for Florida/Alabama to win the NC.

I really can understand the Texas fans not being happy with what has happened with the Big XII championship, I can. I really do not understand why you wouldn't want OU to not go all the way and represent the Big XII? Many have asked how the OU fan base would feel if it was the shoe on the other foot........I can honestly say that I would be supporting the Longhorns if the roles were reversed, it is what's best for the conference........oh well.

I really can understand the Texas fans not being happy with what has happened with the Big XII championship, I can. I really do not understand why you wouldn't want OU to not go all the way and represent the Big XII? Many have asked how the OU fan base would feel if it was the shoe on the other foot........I can honestly say that I would be supporting the Longhorns if the roles were reversed, it is what's best for the conference........oh well.

That's just one fan, there are others I'm sure would pull for OU.

Because OU :censored: ! That's why.

Oklahoma71950, 1955, 1956, 1974, 1975, 1985, 2000

Texas4.......1963, 1969, 1970, 2005

Big XII Championships

Appearances/School WL.....Pct

7Oklahoma...........5-1....833

4Nebraska............2-2....500

4Texas.................2-2.....500

4Colorado............1-3.....250

3Kansas State......1-2.....333

2Texas A&M.........1-1.....500

2Missouri..............0-1.....000

0Baylor00N/A

0Iowa State00N/A

0Kansas00N/A

0Oklahoma State00N/A0

Texas Tech00N/A

If OU :censored: than ut must really :censored:

Oklahoma71950, 1955, 1956, 1974, 1975, 1985, 2000

Texas4.......1963, 1969, 1970, 2005

Big XII Championships

Appearances/School WL.....Pct

7Oklahoma...........5-1....833

4Nebraska............2-2....500

4Texas.................2-2.....500

4Colorado............1-3.....250

3Kansas State......1-2.....333

2Texas A&M.........1-1.....500

2Missouri..............0-1.....000

0Baylor00N/A

0Iowa State00N/A

0Kansas00N/A

0Oklahoma State00N/A0

Texas Tech00N/A

If OU :censored: than ut must really :censored:

If OU :censored: , and UT really :censored: , then what word do we use for OSU and Tech? LOL!