Teen couple beats 13-month-old baby to death.

chase.colston

From TylerPaper.com:

By KENNETH DEAN

Staff Writer

HENDERSON — They claim they were trying to drive the demons out of the 13-month-old, but law enforcement officers say the bottom line is a Rusk County couple bludgeoned the little girl to death with a hammer and other objects and bit her more than 20 times in the most grotesque murder the seasoned officers can remember.

Blaine Keith Milam, 19 and Jesseca Bain Carson, 18, both of Henderson, remain jailed on $2 million bonds each. They are charged with capital murder for the Tuesday morning death of Carson’s daughter Amora Bain Carson.

Lt. Reynold Humber said Rusk County Sheriff’s Office dispatchers received a 911 call from a home at 13717 County Road 2125 shortly after 10:35 Tuesday morning that a child was not breathing.

“When the first deputies arrived, Champion EMS was on the scene and they told the deputies the child was deceased and there were suspicious circumstances,” Humber said during a press conference Wednesday at the RSCO just moments after the couple was arraigned on the charges.

When the detectives entered the residence they found Amora on the floor in a bedroom and they immediately knew they had a homicide.

Humber said the couple told detectives multiple stories of how the child suffered the injuries, including a fabricated auto accident and then a story of how the child was attacked by the family’s dogs. The couple then told investigators they had left the child unattended and someone else must have gone into the home and harmed the child. Carson and Milam even said the child beat herself in the head with the hammer.

“They had multiple stories they went through before they told us they had beaten the child to death,” he said. “It is their version of the truth.”

Humber said the couple then told deputies the child was possessed and they were trying to rid her of demons.

An arrest affidavit states Milam performed an exorcism of the demons possessing their child. The affidavit continues to state after Milam killed the child with Carson looking on the couple “drove to Henderson to pawn some items to pay for an exorcism.”

Officials said Milam and Carson told detectives they decided to hire a priest after the exorcism went badly.

However, Humber said there was no information of any clergy being called to the home.

As the couple waited for arraignment on the charges, Carson crossed her arms and silently sobbed. Milam casually looked around the courtroom then occasionally looked back at his hand where he had a visible bite mark.

Milam was sentenced in August of this year on a charge of aggravated sexual assault of a child and received a probated sentence. He has also been arrested on charges of causing a disturbance and assault/family violence.

Humber said Carson graduated as an honor student last year and she seemed very intelligent and added she had not been in any trouble with police.

When asked if he bought the couple’s story about what happened, Humber replied, “The child had been beaten so much we couldn’t tell how many times it was hit and then there were more than 20 bite marks on her body. The bottom line regardless of any stories is that they killed that sweet little innocent child.”

The mother's MySpace page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=152923806

unfortunately, they'll plead insanity and we'll get to foot the bill for their "300 life sentences without the possibility of parole" verdict. anyone that could do that to an infant does not deserve to live.

You are very right indeed! That little demon posessed rat bought them a death penalty free ticket that will cost us hundredes of thousands of dollars in legal fees, medical fees, room and baord fees, etc! Makes you sick! I just cannot understand why someone would want to kill a baby like that. Why not give it up for adoption before you kill it. It does not make sense at all!

First, I want to say that I agree with most of your posts. I think they should have the demons beat out of them. I do. I would do it for free. Any person who harms a child should have their life ended. But that is my human reaction.

Second, the child is much better off. This I know. This I believe. I believe that my God was there with that child during these horrible actions done to him. I believe my God comforted him and took his pain. Then I believe my God carried his little soul straight to heaven.

Third, something has to be wrong with them. Surely something beyond their control. Surely, they truly need help. Is it not our duty as christians, as humans, to try and help them? I mean I honestly believe as horrible as their actions, if they confess their sins, and ask God to forgive them that he will welcome them into heaven. I do.

So am I just totaly wrong. Are they just sorry people that will never change? Are they just selfish? I truly cant imagine anyone doing such to a child unless something was wrong beyond their control. Maybe I a naive and they are scum. I know about free will choice, but I just can't understand it.

Nope, I think I have made my decision. They should be killed, let God sort it out. Forgive me, I know that is so unchristian.

Hey Guys, the very best thing that can happen here is a prayer chain for those that are still abusing their children and not yet went to this level. I would venture to say that for every one caught there are hundreds that aren't caught. I for one am just as repulsed as the rest of you all but as one very wise poster said, " For the first time ever, she is probably being cared for like she deserves" Thank goodness that God is on His throne and in control. It's good to know that a bunch of sports crazed idiots like us can stop and offer thoughts and condolences for a baby however this is much more than a sports story, it's a society issue that we all need to be aware of and prayful over.

Hey Guys, the very best thing that can happen here is a prayer chain for those that are still abusing their children and not yet went to this level. I would venture to say that for every one caught there are hundreds that aren't caught. I for one am just as repulsed as the rest of you all but as one very wise poster said, " For the first time ever, she is probably being cared for like she deserves" Thank goodness that God is on His throne and in control. It's good to know that a bunch of sports crazed idiots like us can stop and offer thoughts and condolences for a baby however this is much more than a sports story, it's a society issue that we all need to be aware of and prayful over.

I agree. Nice post. :thumbsup:

Looking at her Myspace made me want to puke. The baby is being taken care of now for the first time in her life.

I agree 5-O, I AM sick at my stomach from looking at that page.....I am a father of 3 and I cannot see how anyone who is a parent could do something so heinous to a child like that.......It just goes to show everyone what kind of sick individuals are out there in this world......

I read something this morning in the Tyler paper, that said something about THE GUY was actually supposed to still be in jail from something else... can't remember... didn't read the whole article!

Anybody else see that?

Yes. My take on that article was:

1.) he should have been in jail.

2.) he should have been registered as a sex offender.

3.) he should not have been near a child who was not his own.

I usually stick to high school sports but this topic struck close to home. I have a 16 month old son. When i went home that night after reading that article, i grabed my son and held on to him as tight as i could. I walked into his room later that night and stood there for what seemed like 5 hours and watched him sleep. The point is i love my son and would die for him. I just dont understand how people do stuff like this. When i went to bed that night i prayed for those 2 people because IMO god himself is the only person that can help people like that.

P.S That is why i am not a judge, or a police officer.