The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Agdad

Rice Headed to Texas Bowl

The Rice Owls will play a member of a BCS conference to be determined after the Rutgers-Louisville game this Thursday. Strong internet rumors are saying Notre Dame could be their opponent.

The game is scheduled for 7:00PM on December 30 at Reliant Stadium in Houston. It will be televised on the NFL Network.

how can notre dame be bowl :thumbdown:eligible.....they are horrible....the only bowl they should go to is the toliet bowl....oh..wait...they are already there......

I'd take a kick in the cods to see Rice beat Notre Dame.

Funny thing is, that is very likely to happen. Chase Clement and Jarrett Dillard are just plain fun to watch in that offense

Is Rice still running the option?

Last time I saw them was a home game vs SMU (of course they pummeled them) 3 or 4 seasons ago.

Is Rice still running the option?

Last time I saw them was a home game vs SMU (of course they pummeled them) 3 or 4 seasons ago.

nope, they're running the spread. Their quarterback, Chase Clement, has thrown for 3,500+ yards and 41 TD's

nope, they're running the spread. Their quarterback, Chase Clement, has thrown for 3,500+ yards and 41 TD's

WOW, things sure have changed then. If I remember correctly (long shot), the game I saw had an option running QB from East Texas. Maybe it was five seasons ago ... man these years fly past me.