Goodson declaring for NFL draft

Immortal13

No reason to stay. As to the comment about size, there seems to be a trend down due to the current "2-back" system. You can take these small fast guys because you plan on having a "thunder" to lighten the load. In fact, some of these small guys are being featured with relative success. I think someone will take a stab at him pretty early. I also think this guy was hurt with his college choice. If I remember he was recruited by quite a few "big dawgs".

No reason to stay. As to the comment about size, there seems to be a trend down due to the current "2-back" system. You can take these small fast guys because you plan on having a "thunder" to lighten the load. In fact, some of these small guys are being featured with relative success. I think someone will take a stab at him pretty early. I also think this guy was hurt with his college choice. If I remember he was recruited by quite a few "big dawgs".

Yes, he was recruited by severa big dawgs, including USC and UT. He must have made a bad impression during his recruiting trips. He got sent home early by OSU. :rolleyes: l

Yes, he was recruited by severa big dawgs, including USC and UT. He must have made a bad impression during his recruiting trips. He got sent home early by OSU. :rolleyes: l

What really hurt his recruiting was his grades. There was legitimate concern he wouldn't be cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse. A&M decide to take that chance.

He was tired of being hit in the backfield every play because our line couldn't block for him.

Not to mention that Sherman cracked down on attitude and grades this year...which is why certain players did not play as much, including Goodson. Someone reported on another forum that Goodson pretty much stopped going to class for a while. That's the reason he didn't get more carries this season. It wasn't that Cyrus Gray was necessarily better, he just went to class and worked hard in practice. Goodson and Lane walked around thinking they were hot stuff and wouldn't follow coaching advice. They were allowed to act that way under Fran, but Sherman wasn't going to put up with it.