The Grinch that stole a Cardinal Christmas...

Wagonwrecker

DISCLAIMER: As stated before, do not take any of this as a jab at the Maud football players or coaches. Great job guys!

Now for the post:

Are you KIDDING me? As a loyal Pirate fan all my life I'm supposed to be cheering for, and happy if Maud wins a state title? I'm not supposed to have a little smile on my face when they lose? Are you nuts? This is JB and Maud! A RIVALRY! I don't want to listen to how great Maud is doing, because they are my RIVAL.

You have those people in your life. You know, that guy at the office that gets on your nerves and you just want to beat him in every thing you do! You may respect what he does. You may respect how hard he works. You do not, however, have to be happy about any of his success.

This is like telling Cowboys fans they should celebrate a Redskin championship, an Aggie to be excited about the Longhorns march to a BCS title, a Red Sox follower to wear a pinstripe shirt.

Classless? Probably. But you are my rival! I want you to dislike me. You are my RIVAL!

I don't blame the Cardinal fans for being a little mouthy and proclaiming how good their team is. I know for a fact that the Pirate Nation would show the same arrogance if we had the same success. And as members of the Pirate Nation we have to take it, I mean results don't lie. For two years it's been state championship this and state championship that. Well, no state championship. As your rival I respect what the team has done, I respect how hard they work, but excuse me if I take a little satisfaction in the lack of a state trophy in the Maud trophy case! :w00t:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DISCLAIMER: As stated before, do not take any of this as a jab at the Maud football players or coaches. Great job guys!

Now for the post:

Are you KIDDING me? As a loyal Pirate fan all my life I'm supposed to be cheering for, and happy if Maud wins a state title? I'm not supposed to have a little smile on my face when they lose? Are you nuts? This is JB and Maud! A RIVALRY! I don't want to listen to how great Maud is doing, because they are my RIVAL.

You have those people in your life. You know, that guy at the office that gets on your nerves and you just want to beat him in every thing you do! You may respect what he does. You may respect how hard he works. You do not, however, have to be happy about any of his success.

This is like telling Cowboys fans they should celebrate a Redskin championship, an Aggie to be excited about the Longhorns march to a BCS title, a Red Sox follower to wear a pinstripe shirt.

Classless? Probably. But you are my rival! I want you to dislike me. You are my RIVAL!

I don't blame the Cardinal fans for being a little mouthy and proclaiming how good their team is. I know for a fact that the Pirate Nation would show the same arrogance if we had the same success. And as members of the Pirate Nation we have to take it, I mean results don't lie. For two years it's been state championship this and state championship that. Well, no state championship. As your rival I respect what the team has done, I respect how hard they work, but excuse me if I take a little satisfaction in the lack of a state trophy in the Maud trophy case! :w00t:

Aw come on now! No need to hold back. Just come on out and say what you really mean!

Good job cards!! i know we are rivals but we are also neighors and friends .. we cheer for each other until we face each other lol .. i think yall did a outstanding job this year and made a school record by makin a undeafeated season at the school .. If we was in yalls situation we know you'd cheer for us to.. just gotta ignore some of the pirates fans as they make us look bad ... But dont worry the same team knocked us out of the playoffs to lol ... Good luck next year everyone!!

Just wondering WW, where and what time is Simms/Bowie's next playoff game? :whome:

Hey now don't be talkin trash about simms bowie.. they are a good team to and like i said in my last poll we both lost to the same team .. who knows what might have happened if they played someone else

Hey now don't be talkin trash about simms bowie.. they are a good team to and like i said in my last poll we both lost to the same team .. who knows what might have happened if they played someone else

What trash talking? I'm not from that area, but just assumed since WW was acting like a complete mouth breather over the Maud/'yuga game, his team surely must be an odds on favorite to make the big dance.

Is Simms being fitted for rings, or opining about what might have been?

We all know what assumeing means but i cant say it on here lol ... but yea i understand where you are comming from but everyone has jealous people on their side .. hate to say it

My point, as I am sure you're smart enough to figure out, is WW's team is out of the playoffs, beat out by the same team who beat Maud. In an effort to make himself feel better about his team's loss, WW has come on here and beat on a team who lost to 'yuga.

So, if Simms lost to 'yuga, doesn't that make WW a loser?

I wouldn't say a loser but its putting a bad name on Bowie

With that I will agree.

You might consider making that point to him.

BTW, congrats to S/B on a good season.

Is Simms being fitted for rings, or opining about what might have been?

And yes .. but a different kind of rings .. its called class rings .. lol :bounce:

WW must have not gotten the memo.

JBP, let me be clear. I'm not beating on S/B. I'm just making a point that WW is not only way out of line with his comments, but painting S/B in a bad light for those like me who only know of them by what we read here on the SDC.

JBP, let me be clear. I'm not beating on S/B. I'm just making a point that WW is not only way out of line with his comments, but painting S/B in a bad light for those like me who only know of them by what we read here on the SDC.

and you notice he hasnt said anything in a while eathier .. and i know your not beatin on Simms .. Simms has a real talented team and will have a even beter team next year .. It'll be a good one between Simms and Maud .. Does anyone know how maud will turn out next year?

And I hope you dream of Buddyball and Winnsboro volleyball.

I doubt Buddyball will ever cloud my dreams. I tend to dream of greatness.

As for dreaming of volleyball in Winnsboro, you and your little friend BRF have made sure that's all it will ever be.

Look, Rabfan, SDC admin, has already warned about off-topic posting in this thread. This will make two threads you've hijacked now. I'm sure he would be most disappointed to find someone has knowingly defied his edict to stay on topic.

Is Simms being fitted for rings, or opining about what might have been? And yes .. but a different kind of rings .. its called class rings

thats pretty good..

da wrecker is jealous...he tucked his tail and hid a over year ago on another site and has been waiting for the opportune time to take potshots at the Cardinal...where ya been WW?..cant support your own school?

suprised the lines are up crossing anderson crik...

Both teams have had great seasons! Why can't we just leave it at that?

I think all of us remember when both Maud and Cayuga were struggling to win 2-3 games a year! Now look at them...playing in December! What an accomplishment to these two teams and their coaches!

Good Luck this week to the Cayuga Wildcats and Coach Allison!

Hey Maud

Since you are rooting for the Yuga and all, Why dont you do them a favor and send over that State Championship float since you wont be needing it anytime soon and they will be in great need. That would be very nice of yall in your effort to support them.

After all the future is looking a little down after this year (graduation ####).

Sorry I just couldnt help myself had to jump in on the thrash talk and I dont know either team.

Well hello Bock! Nice to see someone from the good ole Prep Xtra days of pokin' fun at each other.

Lighten up people! I cannot believe we are so politcally correct these days that we can't even poke fun at each other. Isn't that what your smack talk is before a game. What's the difference between talking before or after. Nothing it's supposed to just for the fun of it.

Take your shots at the Pirates. Do you really think that the Pirate nation is so sensitive that we, or I will become upset. 2008 was the best season at JB in nearly 20 years. The team lost in the first round to Cayuga. I as a fan will take it.

I'm taking you all as seriously as you should take me. I still don't care what you say, making a state championship float with three rounds to play and then losing is funny. If are offended by that, well, then my work here is done.

i know we are rivals but we are also neighors and friends .. we cheer for each other until we face each other

JBPirates,you hit the nail on the head! I just hope I'm never on a deserted island with wagonwrecker when the rescue boat comes in. He might just knock me out with a rock or something so he can relish in the thought that I did not survive. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. Another LIFE lesson...for every 1 person that wants you to succeed, there will always be people out there that can't

wait to see you fail. Bowie, we consider you our good neighbors,friends, and family to the west. The person that started this thread is in no way a true reflection of your community as we see it. Heck, I've got relatives there. Good luck with your program!

Guest bearbacker

I'll let you in on a smoaky fact Wagon...... These people on here, through no fault of their own really (you can blame it on the gene pool) get on here and "talk smack" and everything is absolutely fine... until it comes back to bite them and, heaven forbid, someone calls them on it. Then, what makes it worse for the person rubbing their noses in it (you, in this case) they have a herd of water heads that will come to their rescue, while all the while knowing that they would do the EXACT same thing if the shoe was on the other "left" foot!