New Boston Basketball Tournament

flanker

How many starters did L-E return from last year's team?

L-E has 3 starters back Alex Watson, Marquez Clark, Tra Carson. Leon Ransom played a lot at the post in the playoffs last year. There's 2-3 others that played on varsity.

L-E won last week's Hughes Springs tournament, beating Clarksville in finals. Clark was the MVP and Carson made all-tournament.

NB Gunslinger Tournament Schedule

Thursday

Girls

New Boston/Clarksville 10:00am

Texas High/Hooks 1:00pm

Arkansas High/winner of NB-Clarksville 4:00pm

Liberty-Eylau/winner of TxHigh-Hooks 7:00pm

Boys

New Boston/Clarksville 11:00am

Texas High/Liberty-Eylau 2:30pm

Hope/Paris 5:30pm

Arkansas High/winner of NB-Clarksville 8:30pm

NB Gunslinger Tournament Schedule

Thursday

Girls

New Boston/Clarksville 10:00am

Texas High/Hooks 1:00pm

Arkansas High/winner of NB-Clarksville 4:00pm

Liberty-Eylau/winner of TxHigh-Hooks 7:00pm

Boys

New Boston/Clarksville 11:00am

Texas High/Liberty-Eylau 2:30pm

Hope/Paris 5:30pm

Arkansas High/winner of NB-Clarksville 8:30pm

The two favorites to win the tournament play in the first round at 2:30....Com on. who schedule this?

How is New Boston's basketball team this year?

They have very good athletes and a left handed sharp shooter, but it is going to be tough battle against any of the teams in the other half of the bracket. They will reach the finals, due to being in the weaker side of the bracket and will lose to Paris.

Predictions for round one:

NB: 57

Clville:53

LE: 63

THigh 61

Paris: 67

Hope: 54

Round 2:

Paris: 65

LE: 59

NB: 58

AHigh:50

Finals:

Paris: 70

NB: 58

Best a guy can guess. Good luck to all teams.

any update on the Tournament?

boys: clarksville 100 New boston JV 22, clarksville presses the whole game and shoots a 3pt. shot at the buzzer to "clock em"! (classy let me tell you!)

Texas High 55 Liberty Eylau 45, close game until Texas High pressed L.E.!

girls: hooks beat LE JV's by around 15 or so!

L-E has 3 starters back Alex Watson, Marquez Clark, Tra Carson. Leon Ransom played a lot at the post in the playoffs last year. There's 2-3 others that played on varsity.

L-E won last week's Hughes Springs tournament, beating Clarksville in finals. Clark was the MVP and Carson made all-tournament.

LE will be very good again but losing Charles Jones will hurt a ton. PG has to be the district favorite with LE not far behind. The 3rd place team will be a toss up between NB and

ATL.

boys: clarksville 100 New boston JV 22, clarksville presses the whole game and shoots a 3pt. shot at the buzzer to "clock em"! (classy let me tell you!)

Texas High 55 Liberty Eylau 45, close game until Texas High pressed L.E.!

girls: hooks beat LE JV's by around 15 or so!

Why does T-High play in this tourney? IMO they need to be playing schools that will get them prepared for what they will be facing in district. There is not a 4a team in this thing. Not only that, T-High has around 1,600 -1,800 students. What does C-ville have 250!!!!!!! PG went to the metroplex and lost some games but I promise you that they got better by playing teams that were above avg.

Why does T-High play in this tourney? IMO they need to be playing schools that will get them prepared for what they will be facing in district. There is not a 4a team in this thing. Not only that, T-High has around 1,600 -1,800 students. What does C-ville have 250!!!!!!! PG went to the metroplex and lost some games but I promise you that they got better by playing teams that were above avg.

There aren't many 4A tournaments in this area! longview hosts one , but who wants to play their own district teams 27 times before it counts! I know after Christmas they are going to Sherman's 4A/5A tournament. If they didn't go to some local tourneys, they might have some frequent flyer miles coming from the top east corner of the state!

LE will be very good again but losing Charles Jones will hurt a ton. PG has to be the district favorite with LE not far behind. The 3rd place team will be a toss up between NB and

ATL.

From what I have heard the loss of Jones is hurting LE a lot more than many thought. I was told they looked pretty bad against THigh at the Gunslinger. If what I am being told about PG and LE is correct over the last week, I am changing my pick to win district to PG and placing NB as a favorite for second with LE getting third. I am being told LE or NB cannot play PG within 20. Say it ain't so!!!

THigh is where they need to be this week. They are very young and very talented. Some games under their belts locally will help them prepare better for the bigger schools. I am pretty sure they are going to have their hands full with Paris.