Gas Prices Are RIDICULOUS!!!

blindref

OK all you demoncraps...here is a topic that you might find me on your side! Big Oil Companies are PRICEFIXING!!!

Prices At The Pump On The Rise (From the KLTV Website)

They're too high."

"Just overnight they went up like 10,15 cents."

"I think they are just ridiculous going up this high."

"It's not fair to the public."

"They stink."

Premium prices have East Texans mad, but prices skyrocketed all day long with regular unleaded going anywhere from $1.49 all the way to a $1.69. Customers watched prices change from $1.49 to $1.53 in just a matter of minutes this morning. That sent tempers flying.

"There's not a truck out here putting new gas in, so were just pumping what's already in the tank -- yet they can still raise the prices."

"Somebody wants to make a profit I guess."

The national retail price per gallon increased 5.6 cents over the last week and prices are up 24 cents from a year ago. Gas companies say the higher prices are a result of last weeks blackout, along with refinery shutdowns in California and pipelines shut downs in Arizona.

"That's just excuses. I don't think there is any real reason for that to cause the prices to go up."

"I think it's just the big companies that are just gouging the people."

For people on a budget, pumped up prices hurt the pocketbook.

"I don't go as much. That little social security check don't cover it."

"I cut back on things, going to the movies and stuff like that."

The government warned today prices could still go up over the next few weeks but they hope they'll finally simmer down by the end of September.

Now...How can a store raise prices on gas that they have already purchased and is in the underground storage tank. When that batch runs out, then you raise the price if your cost has gone up. I would seriously consider supporting a law that would place a set profit/gallon of gas that a retail store could charge. It would end price wars, but also gouging. It would also have to have a standard for how the fuel was accounted for (FIFO, LIFO, FILO, etc). This $1.65 business is a bunch of #### !

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it ####! i've got several service trucks that are running the roads everyday and i've got to start feeding them this expensive fuel again. this makes me made because theres not any known problem with our present fuel supply. nobody is threatening to go up on us. the arabs are all making nice with us right now because of us kicking the iraqi's butts. the south american problem is handled. i'd like an explanation as to why i may be buying $2 per gallon gas in another month.

lol....sounds good to me, rabfan! Seriously, we wouldn't have to buy so much oil if those dumbos in Washington would approve drilling in ANWAR!!!

JC

Good thinking, sideliner! lol....But actually, I think there is more truth to that than fiction. It's not Republicans keeping the US from finding alternative sources of power. It's the Demoncraps and all their tree hugging friends.

JC

You can't really blame a particular political party...it's just all those rich, greedy fools associated with Exxon Mobil, etc. that find things such as the "war" in Iraq and the blackout as excuses to shoot gas prices up. They used the same excuse at the turn of the millenium and Sept. 11. It's all the same.

I agree.....I'm not saying it's all one particlar group's fault. But, the Dems have continuously blocked efforts to get an energy bill through congress. With all due respect to the Alaskan Carabu, start drilling in ANWAR! It's a vast wilderness, and we aren't going to destroy the whole thing by drilling for some oil.

JC

I think what ruffy is saying is that if they get it up to $1.75 3 or 4 times a year, when they drop it down to $1.50, we will become programmed that it is "down" instead of up.

I don't think you can call it nonrenewable if we don't know how much there really is out there, and if the earth is constantly shifting, decaying, and making more.

Besides, God is gonna come and take the Christians out of this world if the Liberals keep degrading our society...so there will be a lot fewer people using it all up in the next few years!!!:)

I'm with blindy on this one. The Earth will continue to

produce "black crude" long....I mean long after we're

all passed away.

Just let the government....who by the way....love the

BIG Oil company lobby....which in turn pass on more

$$$$$ in the form of TAX revenue whenever prices

skyrocket.

If memory serves me correct.... this is the 3rd consecutive

summer (hence BEFORE 9/11) that we've seen gas prices

CLIMB during the latter portion of the summer. Heck, when

I was in California in June '01 their gas per gallon was well

above $2.00, when ours initially hit the $1.50-1.60 price

range.

Oh this "conspiracy" has been ongoing for several years.

RJ