VOLLEYBALL STRUCTURED TO GROW

Guest bleeds

wow, I am surprised I thought all schools played volleyball. Does anyone know why they don't play? Is it lack of interest or no support from the school and community?

They are one of those towns that is afraid that another sport will take away from their flagship successful basketball program if it gets a chance to be successful; which consequently decreases the total number of athletes in a high school participating in and benefiting from athletics. :thumbdown:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article is either 9 or 10 years old..so think how much more it has grown since then

The only reason that any of you want Winnsboro to have volleyball is that you know then that you could compete with Winnsboro in basketball. Buddy has seen it hurt too many towns. With an enrollment of 375 there are not enough girls for another sport. These girls are already cheerleaders, in the drill team,cross country,band, and other activities. It is not feasible also with just one gym. There are 6 basketball teams that have to share the gym.

Oh wise ones, tell us how we could work in another 3 volleyball teams into that schedule.

Drop it once and for all, Winnsboro does not want or need the white fungus, ie. volleyball.

It may be for some schools but not Winnsboro.

The only reason that any of you want Winnsboro to have volleyball is that you know then that you could compete with Winnsboro in basketball. Buddy has seen it hurt too many towns. With an enrollment of 375 there are not enough girls for another sport. These girls are already cheerleaders, in the drill team,cross country,band, and other activities. It is not feasible also with just one gym. There are 6 basketball teams that have to share the gym.

Oh wise ones, tell us how we could work in another 3 volleyball teams into that schedule.

Drop it once and for all, Winnsboro does not want or need the white fungus, ie. volleyball.

Not one good reason in the lot... only pitiful excuses.

The good reason that I can think of is this:Winnsboro does not want it. Facilities are not equipped. Another reason is that ii is really not any of this board business what Winnsboro does. Unless you live there,pay taxes, or have children there this is not a valid topic to be discussing.

Do Winnsboro posters come on here and harp all the time about other schools not having a certain program. I have asked several people in authority to come on here and put this to rest but this site and others are blocked at school. One of the people that I talked to had some very colorful words for a bunch of you, here.

Yes, you can have your opinions but please give it a rest. This same discussion has been going on now for 7 years and I continue to tell you the same thing. This is really getting nowhere except to fill cyber space.

Okay, no one else will ask, so I will. What's up with you and your buddy Buddy? I mean really. All you do is come on here and extoll the virtues of Buddydom. It's very disconcerting. I'm thinking if your buddy Buddy said the sky was green, you'd come on here and speak in eloquencies about the lovely hew of the pine tree colored skies.

I know this is heresy, but have you ever considered, even once, that your buddy Buddy might be wrong? You're so hung up on him you've lost sight of reality. Hell, I wish I had fans as loyal as you. What would I need to do for you to cheer for me like you cheer for him?

Oh well, I guess that will never happen. But once again, you have chosen to make a thread about the popularity of volleyball all about you and of cours Buddy-ball.

BTW, you might consider backing off a little with your Buddy worship. It is not only a littel odd, but somewhat telling.

The floor dangit, THE FLOOR!

Evidently you have not watched Callie Miller play the last three years.

I watched her play and yes, she is incredible to watch. The only problem I had was watching the teams warm-up for an hour before they played the game. Callie is also fun to watch on the basketball court. (She is an athlete)

One of the reasons volleyball is becoming so popular is that you don't have to run. I have had girls tell me that's the reason they like volleyball. Not all coaches are easy on the volleyball players. Coach Linda Godwin when she was at Pine Tree worked her girls very hard and when basketball season started they had an easier transition.

I once had a coach tell me that anything his fat-gluteus maximus could still do was not a sport. lol

Variety is what makes the world go round, some people like coke and some like Dr. Pepper.

The good reason that I can think of is this:Winnsboro does not want it. Facilities are not equipped. Another reason is that ii is really not any of this board business what Winnsboro does. Unless you live there,pay taxes, or have children there this is not a valid topic to be discussing.

Do Winnsboro posters come on here and harp all the time about other schools not having a certain program. I have asked several people in authority to come on here and put this to rest but this site and others are blocked at school. One of the people that I talked to had some very colorful words for a bunch of you, here.

Yes, you can have your opinions but please give it a rest. This same discussion has been going on now for 7 years and I continue to tell you the same thing. This is really getting nowhere except to fill cyber space.

One would think if the discussion has been going on for seven years, it's time for the board to address it and not let THAT TYRANT BUDDY RUN THE SHOW!

As for the facilities, best I can figure, it's some tape/paint and two holes. Problem solved.

As for people who live in Winnsboro and pay taxes, YOU DON'T! If you're going to gauge who can comment on this by who pays taxes and lives in Winnsboro, then you have excluded yourself. So, until that changes, and until you move to Winnsboro and start paying WISD taxes, then ANYONE who wants to post their opinion on this can do so.

It is my opinion that volleyball has been excluded from WHS sports because your buddy Buddy doesn't want to lose his girls to the program. It is also my opinion that you put too much stock in what your buddy Buddy says.

As for you school board buddies who had the colorful words for the likes of me and others curious as to why they have been so obstinate in their refusal to allow all the girls who want to play volleyball at WHS to do so, if you would like, they are more than welcome to contact me and tell me personally what they think of my opinions on the subject. Have them sign on and PM me.

BTW, the general consensus is whoever believes their floor is too nice for volleyball is under a false sense of assuredness as to exactly how nice their floor is.

The times they are a-changin'.

One would think if the discussion has been going on for seven years, it's time for the board to address it and not let THAT TYRANT BUDDY RUN THE SHOW!

As for the facilities, best I can figure, it's some tape/paint and two holes. Problem solved.

As for people who live in Winnsboro and pay taxes, YOU DON'T! If you're going to gauge who can comment on this by who pays taxes and lives in Winnsboro, then you have excluded yourself. So, until that changes, and until you move to Winnsboro and start paying WISD taxes, then ANYONE who wants to post their opinion on this can do so.

It is my opinion that volleyball has been excluded from WHS sports because your buddy Buddy doesn't want to lose his girls to the program. It is also my opinion that you put too much stock in what your buddy Buddy says.

As for you school board buddies who had the colorful words for the likes of me and others curious as to why they have been so obstinate in their refusal to allow all the girls who want to play volleyball at WHS to do so, if you would like, they are more than welcome to contact me and tell me personally what they think of my opinions on the subject. Have them sign on and PM me.

BTW, the general consensus is whoever believes their floor is too nice for volleyball is under a false sense of assuredness as to exactly how nice their floor is.

It is really none of your business what I think of Buddy Hawkins. It is really none of your business whether Winnsboro has volleyball or not. Drop it.

When NL has the record that Winnsboro has in volleyball then we can talk. Buddy has the authority not you. All you want to do is fill up cyber space.

Another reason is that ii is really not any of this board business what Winnsboro does. Unless you live there,pay taxes, or have children there this is not a valid topic to be discussing.

Does this apply to you?

Obviously people from Winnsboro don't "harp all the time about other schools not having a certain program" because other schools have "certain" programs. If the people you talked to have such colorful words, tell them to grow a set and post 'em.

It is really none of your business what I think of Buddy Hawkins. It is really none of your business whether Winnsboro has volleyball or not. Drop it.

When NL has the record that Winnsboro has in volleyball then we can talk. Buddy has the authority not you. All you want to do is fill up cyber space.

It's abundantly clear what you think of your buddy Buddy. When you move to Winnsboro and start paying taxes there, so as to separate yourself from me, I'll stop posting about their nonextistant volleyball team. Until then, get over yourself.

BTW, NL's volleyball team is very successful, thank you very much.

Your buddy Buddy is a tyrant. It is NEVER a good situation when one person has the authority your buddy Buddy has. If nothing else, maybe this discussion will encourage parents of girls who wish to play volleyball to run for school board so your buddy Buddy can be reminded who the authority in the district is.

I'm sorry but as a totally unbiased reader how can you be a moderator of this site and call somebody associated with a school's program a tyrant? Maybe Smoaky should start moderating you as a moderator. I hope I am not banned from this site for pointing this out. I am more than sure you will delete this post.

I'm sorry but as a totally unbiased reader how can you be a moderator of this site and call somebody associated with a school's program a tyrant? Maybe Smoaky should start moderating you as a moderator. I hope I am not banned from this site for pointing this out. I am more than sure you will delete this post.

So close, but yet so far away.

I'm not a moderator scooter.

Just curious, what made you think I was?

So close, but yet so far away.

I'm not a moderator scooter.

Just curious, what made you think I was?

I guess I was tricked by the title Post Master General. If not, then I guess you are entitled to insult anybody you wish without anybody doing anything about it. Seems strange that some, as you, are allowed to do so.

I guess I was tricked by the title Post Master General. If not, then I guess you are entitled to insult anybody you wish without anybody doing anything about it. Seems strange that some, as you, are allowed to do so.

Tricked! That was my intentions when I decided on that label under my avatar.

Why would you think I was a mod based solely on the fact I have "Post Master General" under my avatar, and all staff members have "STAFF" under theirs? Have you seen "Post Master General" under anyone else's avatar, including staff?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I posted this thread about volleyball and its popularity and your little friend BRF took it upon herself to make it all about her and her hatred for volleyball in Winnsboro. Nothing was said to or about her or Winnsboro until she joined the fray and hijacked the thread. Now I'm the bad guy.

I bet you don't want volleyball in Winnsboro either do you?

Tricked! That was my intentions when I decided on that label under my avatar.

Why would you think I was a mod based solely on the fact I have "Post Master General" under my avatar, and all staff members have "STAFF" under theirs? Have you seen "Post Master General" under anyone else's avatar, including staff?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I posted this thread about volleyball and its popularity and your little friend BRF took it upon herself to make it all about her and her hatred for volleyball in Winnsboro. Nothing was said to or about her or Winnsboro until she joined the fray and hijacked the thread. Now I'm the bad guy.

I bet you don't want volleyball in Winnsboro either do you?

Actually I don't care if they suit up the girl's basketball players and form a football team. I am not from Winnsboro or even watch them play. But let me guess, you are a fan of a team that they must beat pretty badly to keep whining about their program, coach and fans. Good luck, I hope your team at least keeps it within 40 points of their girl's basketball team. Hey maybe you should post under your name you are a coach, or that you know something about sports, that would be misleading also :o)

Actually I don't care if they suit up the girl's basketball players and form a football team. I am not from Winnsboro or even watch them play. But let me guess, you are a fan of a team that they must beat pretty badly to keep whining about their program, coach and fans. Good luck, I hope your team at least keeps it within 40 points of their girl's basketball team. Hey maybe you should post under your name you are a coach, or that you know something about sports, that would be misleading also :o)

Settle down Buddy... No one is gonna make you coach volleyball. :smirk:

Tell you what princess, I'll post whatever I want. How's that?

Our girl's team is good. Neither I, nor the team worry about Buddyball, or his fear of volleyball.

You're a coach aren't you? Your tired response about not knowing anything about sports is old hat for coaches who don't like it when non-coaches post about sports.

I posted a thread about volleyball. BRF took it upon herself to insert herself into it, and make wild and unfounded assumptions about my intentions. I'm not the one who hijacked this thread. She did. And now you have.

Do you have something to post about the popularity of volleyball? If not, I have to assume you too wish to make this about you. If you will actually go back and read the thread, you will see it was not me who took it off on the tangent it is now on. It was BRF. She put it where it is now. And now, you have taken up her case. So valiant.

You do realize you two guys cast a cloud over the GLORIOUS OAKS TAVERN....:)

If you don't like it, maybe you consider frequenting a more docile forum. I understand there are many, many chess forums chock full of witty exchanges about rooks and knights and the likes.

Tell you what princess, I'll post whatever I want. How's that?

Our girl's team is good. Neither I, nor the team worry about Buddyball, or his fear of volleyball.

You're a coach aren't you? Your tired response about not knowing anything about sports is old hat for coaches who don't like it when non-coaches post about sports.

I posted a thread about volleyball. BRF took it upon herself to insert herself into it, and make wild and unfounded assumptions about my intentions. I'm not the one who hijacked this thread. She did. And now you have.

Do you have something to post about the popularity of volleyball? If not, I have to assume you too wish to make this about you. If you will actually go back and read the thread, you will see it was not me who took it off on the tangent it is now on. It was BRF. She put it where it is now. And now, you have taken up her case. So valiant.

Yes I am a chivalrous type. Just felt the need to get involved when I read you bashing somebody you have probably never had a conversation with. Oh, and the entire reason I started reading the thread was because I thought it was really about the love of volleyball. It isn't. It is about your dislike of losing to another program. I have an idea...be honest and start a thread about your wishes to be as good in basketball as Buddyball is.

Yes I am a chivalrous type. Just felt the need to get involved when I read you bashing somebody you have probably never had a conversation with. Oh, and the entire reason I started reading the thread was because I thought it was really about the love of volleyball. It isn't. It is about your dislike of losing to another program. I have an idea...be honest and start a thread about your wishes to be as good in basketball as Buddyball is.

Tell you what Buddy, why don't you go back and find a post where I 1) bashed Winnsboro's basketball program, or 2) posted anything even remotedly indicating I gave a rat's rear about how great your team is?

A little misdirection along with your hijacking? Sorry, didn't work.

This thread is about volleyball and the popularity thereof. If you and your biggest fan BRF don't like volleyball, why don't you go create a post about Buddyball and the virtues of playing same? Frankly, I'm not sure I could care any less about it.

I understand Winnsboro has a good girl's team. Congratu-freakin'-lations. Believe it or not, everyone doesn't worship at the feet of Buddyball. There are some who don't even know it exists.

Hijacker.