2008 National Champions

Longhorn Fan

Here is what's about to happen. OU will probably beat Florida in the BCS NCG. Texas will probably beat Ohio State. If that happens, look for the AP to vote Texas and OU will take the BCS and you will have a split national champion. What better than the Big XII Conf. to steal the thunder.

Guest CNOrtega

Texas would have to completely have their way with Ohio State, and Oklahoma would have to squeak out a win for this to even be remotely possible.

You might want to slow down for a sec...

OU has a lot on their plate with Florida.

Agree Dline, the most unlikely part of this scenario is OU beating Florida.....just don't see it happening.

Besides, IMO a split NC is not legit anyway. All D1 schools agreed to play under the BCS rules to determine a champion, and the AP is not a part of the BCS.

My reply was based on the assumption Longhornfan made. I think OU/FL is going to be a hell of a game. I think many people are underestimating OU.

I'm not impressed with their OU's defense... giving up 41 to Ok. State doesn't sit with me.

Also OU's special teams needs to step up. Florida doesn't joke about that department.

Besides, IMO a split NC is not legit anyway. All D1 schools agreed to play under the BCS rules to determine a champion, and the AP is not a part of the BCS.

The 1st time I have ever agreed with a single thing Immortal has written. The Christmas spirit must be softening him up.

Texas would have to completely have their way with Ohio State, and Oklahoma would have to squeak out a win for this to even be remotely possible.

That senario is completely possible.

All of you Sooner fans have to admit........it would be kind of interesting to see this happen.

you guys that think OU will beat Florida make me laugh. Florida actually plays defense, they will keep OU from even threatening after the first quarter. and no, OU won't lose because of a history of choking in BCS games, they will simply be outperformed by a highly superior team.

^same guy who said florida would beat alabama by 30......

you guys that think OU will beat Florida make me laugh. Florida actually plays defense, they will keep OU from even threatening after the first quarter. and no, OU won't lose because of a history of choking in BCS games, they will simply be outperformed by a highly superior team.

How are you so sure Florida's defense is so great. Apart from Florida don't see many spectactular offenses in SEC, nothing like Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, or Oklahoma State. Alabama had a good offense, but they only average 20-30 points a game and look they scored 20 on Florida. Everybody says that the Big 12 has no defense, well the SEC has no offense.

How are you so sure Florida's defense is so great. Apart from Florida don't see many spectactular offenses in SEC, nothing like Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, or Oklahoma State. Alabama had a good offense, but they only average 20-30 points a game and look they scored 20 on Florida. Everybody says that the Big 12 has no defense, well the SEC has no offense.

Before you guys embarrass yourselves, be reminded that those gaudy offensive numbers you tend to boast about are against the equivalent talent as you may find at any local high school. The reason for the low offensive number averages (albeit 20-30 pts. per game is really not low) is realistically because of the defensive effort and that being much superior to that of the Big 12 or Pac 10, ACC or wherever else you look. The only thing close to SEC defenses and their talent range IMO, might be (listen closely) UT and maybe the boys at Nebraska. Thanks Bo Pelini. Relax though, Oklahoma is about to make alot of folks proud......And by the way, I'm not one of them.

I agree. I never wanted to give USC credit for their split NC. If it happened to TX, I'm sure I would be a hypocrite. Just like how I used to despised Neon Deion Sanders, until he became a Cowboy. Same with TO.

I actually will root for OK. 3 reasons...

1) my alliegence to Texas High School football and the many players on the sooner roster.

2) Big 12 over SEC.

3) 45-35

As much as it pains me to say this Florida will beat OU hands down. Special teams will be a major factor in this game, and there isn't a soul on the field for OU that is gonna catch Brandon James if he gets loose. Percy Harvin is back as well. Woo!! Could get ugly. Brandon Spikes will be all over Bradford. He'll be lucky to play the whole game.

As much as it pains me to say this Florida will beat OU hands down. Special teams will be a major factor in this game, and there isn't a soul on the field for OU that is gonna catch Brandon James if he gets loose. Percy Harvin is back as well. Woo!! Could get ugly. Brandon Spikes will be all over Bradford. He'll be lucky to play the whole game.

Wow...that is very depressing :cry:

Do you not think that Special Teams is a top priority in Norman right now...that loose end will be sewed up by game time. OU has just as many calliber athletes as Florida does...there is no fear factor. And you may be under-estimating Bradford just a little. Those predicting a huge blow-out??what tha??your just not being honest with yourself.

Wow...that is very depressing :cry:

Do you not think that Special Teams is a top priority in Norman right now...that loose end will be sewed up by game time. OU has just as many calliber athletes as Florida does...there is no fear factor. And you may be under-estimating Bradford just a little. Those predicting a huge blow-out??what tha??your just not being honest with yourself.

It was depressing to say. Don't think Florida blows them out, but they will control it from the get go. They better be worried about special teams, because that is a legit part of Florida's arsenal. It can win or lose a game!!!