DAINGERFIELD WINS CLASS 2-A, DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONSHIP...

Hardball

We should all chip in and buy Franks a new keyboard.

I can just imagine all the coffee stains, donut stains, maybe some moon pie stains, badly worn keys, etc., that must be age-embedded by now.

I'm sure his finger tips look like heck, too, but don't think we can replace them!

Franks, I admire your enthusiastic approach to the work you do, and for the detail you provide. You're a good soldier!

TIGSTANG - you going?

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank,

We all appreciate all the work you have put in over this season! You have done an excellent job! We will give you the customary two weeks off after the STATEGAME, and then its back to work for next year!!!!!lol

My employer will appreciate it.

We should all chip in and buy Franks a new keyboard.

I can just imagine all the coffee stains, donut stains, maybe some moon pie stains, badly worn keys, etc., that must be age-embedded by now.

I'm sure his finger tips look like heck, too, but don't think we can replace them!

Franks, I admire your enthusiastic approach to the work you do, and for the detail you provide. You're a good soldier!

TIGSTANG - you going?

I sure hope that's cream filling from the donuts ..........

No support from the "nation" on the Carthage thread..............I know you kinda like the Celina guys but this thread is boring........I know focused on Saturday........jk, with ya anyway!!!

We're pulling for you Dawgs. :notworthy: :notworthy: It's just that we're focused on our game. We hope ya'll win your first state championship. We want to bring that trophy back to D'field. It's been a whild since it was ours, and, like you Dawgs, we want it BAD! I really want you to put a big hurt on Celine! We need them to realize how tough our east Texas teams are! GOOD LUCK!!! WIN IT ALL, DAWGS!!! We are all pulling for ya'll. By the way, the joint interview with the three coaches (Longview, Carthage, and our Coach Bowman) on KYKX was really cool. :thumbsup:

only one more day left guyss..!!!

i can't wait to hear SL1KK on that radio tmrw thought. Rep it up brother! :thumbsup:

I had a request though... After the game Saturday, win or lose both ways, I'd like to have everyone from Smoaky meet at the 50 (if we get to go onto the field). Both Cisco and Daingerfield. Cisco has been one of the most repectable teams I've met on this site, and I've watched this for over 2 years now. Both teams have definately deserved their rights, both players and fans, to be able to participate in this game Saturday. And I'd personally like to shake the hands of the guys who've been on here enjoying this week with us.

And much as I don't wanna say it but they're right. Next week will be the start of basketball, win or lose. This is it.

Thanks franks, that was a nice read! Did anyone catch the Bowman interview on KYKX this morning? I was unable to listen. If anyone has some feedback on it, please share it.

I have not been talking all week! Trying to preserve my voice for Saturday! Go get em Tigers!!!

DAINGERFIELD!!

The interview with Coach Bowman and the coaches from Longview and Carthage was great. :thumbsup: I hope all of our east Texas teams win, and bring trophies back to all three schools. But the interviews were totally awesome. I missed only a few minutes of it , and it was worth every minute! :notworthy: GO TIGERS! :notworthy:

only one more day left guyss..!!!

i can't wait to hear SL1KK on that radio tmrw thought. Rep it up brother! :thumbsup:

I had a request though... After the game Saturday, win or lose both ways, I'd like to have everyone from Smoaky meet at the 50 (if we get to go onto the field). Both Cisco and Daingerfield. Cisco has been one of the most repectable teams I've met on this site, and I've watched this for over 2 years now. Both teams have definately deserved their rights, both players and fans, to be able to participate in this game Saturday. And I'd personally like to shake the hands of the guys who've been on here enjoying this week with us.

And much as I don't wanna say it but they're right. Next week will be the start of basketball, win or lose. This is it.

I'm down.. I'd love for the Nation to take a group pic too !! That would be pretty cool !!

Hopefully Waco ISD will let us on the field, you know how some places are, but this is Daingerfield Holmes, they might not be able to stop us :devil: !! LOL

alright i got it, finally, had to go through a couple people, but luckily a friend had a copy he brought me.

wrote by my brother, whom i leave nameless, lol.

this is the serious stuff right here. hands down, by FAR the best thing I've ever read...

ALL OUT

To the best of your ability,

to the end of your agility.

Pushing yourself beyond the limit,

heart and soul all put in it.

Feel no pain, nor ever tire,

be explosive, a real live wire.

Know you can achieve anything,

fight till you hear the last bell ring,

nothing can stop you, your the best,

nelieve and you'll achieve nothing less.

The sky is the limit.

Play for the game, for nothing but to win it.

The thrill of victory is what you're feeling,

anyone in your way, you'll try killing.

The ultimate goal, to be number one,

never stopping til it's done.

Pushing every opponent,

controlling the game like you own it.

Stretching muscles to tearing point,

feeling the strain in every joint,

pushing your body to phenominal heights,

til the end you'll always fight.

Strive and strive til you can't bear,

the weak minded may only stare,

amazed of what dedication brings,

higher you soarwith every flap of the wings.

I'm the greatest, is what you'll shout.

When you've concurred the world,

by going ALL OUT.

YEAH 98GEEK GOT UP THERE AND ACTUALLY SPOKE! :o OMG :happy65:

2011, you told me that the Tiger Nation can't stand you. After reading this, I just can't imagine why. :rolleyes: I bet if you focused some of this Tiger on Tiger attitude of yours into smack talk against the other teams, well, some day you might just grow up to walk in the shoes of some of the finest smack talkers in East Texas like SL1KK, Frank, or Crush.

Leaving at 7am

BTW, I hear that I am to be thanked for that. LOL

Were you going to go anyway? Or were you going to the family dinner instead?

Dad put it on my shoulders and I told him I'd do whatever the rest wanted to do. So what does he say? "Ok, I'll tell them you want to postpone it because of the game." LOL ,. . I never had a chance!

Just wanted to share this with the Dfield fans. We love being the underdogs!!!! Ya'll will get a kick out of this. :thumbsup: Abilene is 45 miles west of Cisco, and has always treated Cisco kind of like the red-headed stepchild ( no offense intended to any person of red hair color- not meant to create race issues here). Nice to know some things will never change. It's also nice to know that for a change we will be looking across the field at a large number of fans, at most of the games we have far outnumbered the opposing teams spectators. Pottsboro had a decent turnout, but still. More people should show up to support these players. It's going to be neat to see the sea of blue and white, hope you enjoy the sea of black and gold. See you Saturday.

http://reporternews.com/videos/detail/benc...field-vs-cisco/

2011, you told me that the Tiger Nation can't stand you. After reading this, I just can't imagine why. :rolleyes: I bet if you focused some of this Tiger on Tiger attitude of yours into smack talk against the other teams, well, some day you might just grow up to walk in the shoes of some of the finest smack talkers in East Texas like SL1KK, Frank, or Crush.

2011 is my little cousin. He's just messin with me! He's just having a lil fun on my behalf.....

I tell you what, I thought I was gonna pass out when I took the stage.. lol. You talk about some pressure. Maybe I choked a little, I really don't care though cuz I got to talk to the greatest football team in 2a this year! Not to mention the most passionate fans in High School football. It was fun, kinda my moment in glory since SL1KK caught the interview with Smoaky and not me. Now, all the BS to the side, it's about that time to show em what we are made of! Fans, follow my lead at the game and get as LOUD as you possibly can. These young men will feed off of us.

I talked with a few of the players personally and I can't tell you how respectful that each and every one of them are. It can't get any better than this!

Fired Up!

Just wanted to share this with the Dfield fans. We love being the underdogs!!!! Ya'll will get a kick out of this. :thumbsup: Abilene is 45 miles west of Cisco, and has always treated Cisco kind of like the red-headed stepchild ( no offense intended to any person of red hair color- not meant to create race issues here). Nice to know some things will never change. It's also nice to know that for a change we will be looking across the field at a large number of fans, at most of the games we have far outnumbered the opposing teams spectators. Pottsboro had a decent turnout, but still. More people should show up to support these players. It's going to be neat to see the sea of blue and white, hope you enjoy the sea of black and gold. See you Saturday.

http://reporternews.com/videos/detail/benc...field-vs-cisco/

Before Daingerfiled clears off a space in the trophy cabinet for the 2008 2a Div II Trophy...there a few things we need to remember:

The only time I have seen Daingerfield get beat (or come real close to it) even in the glory days of the 83-85 teams is when we underestimated the other team. I know we are saying a lot about the kids not underestimating, but when too many people (even Abilene reporters) bet that hard against a football team whose field house they are sitting in...strange things can happen. (That hole thing stinks of a set up).

Joe Namath, Buster Douglas and a host of other upset stories are good examples of the advnatage of being written off early.

I can see the modesty of the Cisco faithful on this site. If I'm a Lobo coach...all this banter is on the team locker room wall.

1985 : (0-7) Paul Pewitt (won maybe three games in the prior two seasons) played against (7-0) Daingerfield (nuff said about the past two seasons) for our homecoming game. The epitome of confidence and dismissal - We left the field battered and brusied on Homecoming night after eking out a 12-7 win...it took everything and it was harder than the state game to pull off that W.

Just saying, I know we are excited and I know we SHOULD be able to win this game; but let's not sabotage (curse) this deal. I'm sure coach Bowman is keeping them well insulated from stuff like the link above.

I'm sure a Tiger can beat a Lobo...let's not corner them and make the Lobo a lion.

Killing us with kindness. I like it.

Good luck to your team and if you're coming, drive safely.

v

I was just joking around with you. But it does seem from everything I've read and what our coach says that you really have a great team for any classification. But I will go on record to say that if we are within a touchdown going into halftime we will win the game. So the first half tells the tale. Good luck.

Crush, you really did get to speak at the pep rally. Was that cool or what?!?! Way to rep THE NATION and SDC!

I did mention SDC and told everyone my screen name. Now I guess I'm kinda like SL1KK, everyone knows who I am. One thing about it though, you will be hard pressed to find bigger fans of the Tigers than 98crush, SL1KK, JAKEYpoo, kevnasty, dffootballfan, frank, 3108, tigermamma, TIGSTANG, AllTheWay, mrsc, R.M, TigerTuff, Bluetiger114, hookem12, coryboy, Killer99, solocam, DFIELD98, xtremetigerfaithful, shazam and JMdog....

DAINGERFIELD!!

I did mention SDC and told everyone my screen name. Now I guess I'm kinda like SL1KK, everyone knows who I am. One thing about it though, you will be hard pressed to find bigger fans of the Tigers than 98crush, SL1KK, JAKEYpoo, dffootballfan, frank, 3108, tigermamma, TIGSTANG, AllTheWay, mrsc, R.M, TigerTuff, Bluetiger114, hookem12, coryboy, Killer99, solocam, DFIELD98, xtremetigerfaithful, shazam and JMdog....

DAINGERFIELD!!

swell

Hey, Lobo, we are usually the ones being sarcastic. :smirk:

sarcasm.jpg

Smell that? Sarcasm was in the air! Seriously we know y'all are good and we will have to play a perfect game to win. But on the plus side we have already played a perfect game in the playoffs against Idalou...no turnovers and 1 penalty, so we know we are capable of repeating it. The reason the game is played is because you just never know. But it has been fun reading all y'alls posts. Great fans on both sides of the field on Saturday and good kids on the field. Let's enjoy it to the utmost! Go Big Dam Loboes!

Before Daingerfiled clears off a space in the trophy cabinet for the 2008 2a Div II Trophy...there a few things we need to remember:

The only time I have seen Daingerfield get beat (or come real close to it) even in the glory days of the 83-85 teams is when we underestimated the other team. I know we are saying a lot about the kids not underestimating, but when too many people (even Abilene reporters) bet that hard against a football team whose field house they are sitting in...strange things can happen. (That hole thing stinks of a set up).

Joe Namath, Buster Douglas and a host of other upset stories are good examples of the advnatage of being written off early.

I can see the modesty of the Cisco faithful on this site. If I'm a Lobo coach...all this banter is on the team locker room wall.

1985 : (0-7) Paul Pewitt (won maybe three games in the prior two seasons) played against (7-0) Daingerfield (nuff said about the past two seasons) for our homecoming game. The epitome of confidence and dismissal - We left the field battered and brusied on Homecoming night after eking out a 12-7 win...it took everything and it was harder than the state game to pull off that W.

Just saying, I know we are excited and I know we SHOULD be able to win this game; but let's not sabotage (curse) this deal. I'm sure coach Bowman is keeping them well insulated from stuff like the link above.

I'm sure a Tiger can beat a Lobo...let's not corner them and make the Lobo a lion.

I agree, the Tiger players do not need to get wrapped up in what everyone is saying. They have to come out like this is the best team they have ever faced and get after it. Underestimating a team can be your worst nightmare.

BRING IT BACK HOME TIGERS. Good Luck from the Hill.