DAINGERFIELD WINS CLASS 2-A, DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONSHIP...

Hardball

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The huntin' was ok. I shot a nice 10 point early this season and since have been trying to keep the pigs off my place. I'm up to 17 pigs this season counting the 5 I shot during bow season. Thanks for asking.

my lease in coleman doesn't have any pigs on it...yet. the other people on it are from dallas and houston and they are hoping the pigs will come. they will be sorry they wished for it.

pigs have nearly ruined the deer hunting in east texas.

my lease in coleman doesn't have any pigs on it...yet. the other people on it are from dallas and houston and they are hoping the pigs will come. they will be sorry they wished for it.

pigs have nearly ruined the deer hunting in east texas.

People who wish for pigs haven't been around pigs on a place. I have actually seen the pigs chase deer into the brush this year then come back to the feeder. I am overrun with deer this year, they are eating me out of house and home! I had 11 doe and 6 bucks all eating at same time during the really cold snap. They are fun to watch though.

If there are any Cisco fans here... Do you consider Cisco to be east Texas or West Texas? Right on the border...? It feels like swimming with sharks in here... :unsure:

Bigdamlobopic.JPG

I guess the eastern edge of West Texas or the western edge of Central Texas. I guess we are no mans land because sometimes we are in Region 1 and then Region 2, now back to Region 1. It is about a 3 hour drive to Waco from here, how far from Daingerfield?

Before Daingerfiled clears off a space in the trophy cabinet for the 2008 2a Div II Trophy...there a few things we need to remember:

The only time I have seen Daingerfield get beat (or come real close to it) even in the glory days of the 83-85 teams is when we underestimated the other team. I know we are saying a lot about the kids not underestimating, but when too many people (even Abilene reporters) bet that hard against a football team whose field house they are sitting in...strange things can happen. (That hole thing stinks of a set up).

Joe Namath, Buster Douglas and a host of other upset stories are good examples of the advnatage of being written off early.

I can see the modesty of the Cisco faithful on this site. If I'm a Lobo coach...all this banter is on the team locker room wall.

1985 : (0-7) Paul Pewitt (won maybe three games in the prior two seasons) played against (7-0) Daingerfield (nuff said about the past two seasons) for our homecoming game. The epitome of confidence and dismissal - We left the field battered and brusied on Homecoming night after eking out a 12-7 win...it took everything and it was harder than the state game to pull off that W.

Just saying, I know we are excited and I know we SHOULD be able to win this game; but let's not sabotage (curse) this deal. I'm sure coach Bowman is keeping them well insulated from stuff like the link above.

I'm sure a Tiger can beat a Lobo...let's not corner them and make the Lobo a lion.

This is what I have been trying to say all along, and got accused of not having any confidence! I just know that this is it, no second chances after this one, it doesnt matter that we have the best team, talent, and speed, it just comes down to 48mins. Whoever plays the best for 48 minutes, will be crowned the best in TEXAS 2A football divison 11! No doubt we have the team, no doubt we have all the talent, but we still have to suit up and play like it for the full 48minutes!

NO REGRETS, FINISH STRONG, LEAVE NO DOUBT WHO THE BEST IS IN 2008, GO TIGERS!!!!!!

This is what I have been trying to say all along, and got accused of not having any confidence! I just know that this is it, no second chances after this one, it doesnt matter that we have the best team, talent, and speed, it just comes down to 48mins. Whoever plays the best for 48 minutes, will be crowned the best in TEXAS 2A football divison 11! No doubt we have the team, no doubt we have all the talent, but we still have to suit up and play like it for the full 48minutes!

NO REGRETS, FINISH STRONG, LEAVE NO DOUBT WHO THE BEST IS IN 2008, GO TIGERS!!!!!!

forget division 2 best in 2a

On the main Cisco posting site they already have a thread going about the all time upsets, and they are already posting Cisco over DAINGERFIELD as the huge upset of all time!

Well there will not be any sleeping TIGERS on the NATIONS watch!!! There is only one thing standing between THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP and THE TIGERS, and it is the CISCO LOBOS. No disrespect, but it doesnt matter who they are, where there from, or how nice they are, they are just another obstacle that is trying to hinder us from getting what we have worked so hard to get!

CISCO THIS BEATDOWN IS NOT PERSONAL, ITS JUST BUISNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINISH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the main Cisco posting site they already have a thread going about the all time upsets, and they are already posting Cisco over DAINGERFIELD as the huge upset of all time!

Well there will not be any sleeping TIGERS on the NATIONS watch!!! There is only one thing standing between THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP and THE TIGERS, and it is the CISCO LOBOS. No disrespect, but it doesnt matter who they are, where there from, or how nice they are, they are just another obstacle that is trying to hinder us from getting what we have worked so hard to get!

CISCO THIS BEATDOWN IS NOT PERSONAL, ITS JUST BUISNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINISH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where is this thread you speak of

where is this thread you speak of

It's a post from lobo4life and it is a link to a braodcast wtih 5 area writers announcing their pick of D'field over Cisco (all while broadcasting from the Cisco fieldhouse, mind you). The prior boradcast was with the Cisco coach. All of them virtually saying (even the head coach) that D'field is too tough to stop.

This is brilliant. They diminish the risk to their kids that they are expected to win, and maybe our kids get wind that this game isn't losable. Either way this is bad for us. Their kids could play relaxed with few expectations like they are facing the 94' Cowboys and our team may not be ready for that...if they are not prepared for such a fight. They didn't get here on accident, they didn't win a lottery and that pigskin doesn't care what the pundits say...it will bounce funny on any given day.

Filter, funnel, focus...we can not fall in love with ourselves, it's too expensive. (We have history here too)