The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Longhorn Fan

Stoops COULD leave OU

Bob Stoops, head coach at Oklahoma could very well become the next Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys. If Dallas loses before the NFC Championship game, look for Jerry to go North of the Red River and recruit Stoops to become the next Head Coach of the Cowboys. For $5 million a year, I think he would have a hard time turning it down.

I don't think it happens. I just don't see Stoops and Jerry Jones getting along.

I don't think it happens. I just don't see Stoops and Jerry Jones getting along.

Both crooked, with that anything-to-win attitude; seems like a match made in heaven.

I have been a Cowboys fan all my life. But if Stoops is the coach I won't be a fan anymore.

Bob Stoops, head coach at Oklahoma could very well become the next Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys. If Dallas loses before the NFC Championship game, look for Jerry to go North of the Red River and recruit Stoops to become the next Head Coach of the Cowboys. For $5 million a year, I think he would have a hard time turning it down.

Weren't people saying the exact same thing 2 years ago? Stoops has a good thing going for him at Oklahoma that I don't think he wants to screw up.

he has yet to prove he can win a BCS bowl game much less win in the NFL

and McCoy could transfer to aTm

Bob Stoops, head coach at Oklahoma could very well become the next Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys...

Link or citation? :huh:

I'm not hearing this from anybody that I know of close to the program and I'm surprised to hear of it... could you maybe give some reference to where this talk is coming from? Orangebloods doesn't count. ;)

Orangebloods doesn't count. ;)

What? I thought orangebloods was the mecca of pertinent college sports information. :rolleyes:

Guest bleeds

While I think this is just unfounded rumor, I took great pride in sharing it with my whiney orange brother-in-law. :whome:

Having Barry Switzer was bad enough.

Switzer was so bad that he was the last Cowboy's coach to win a playoff game. Stoops isn't going anywhere.

WHOA......HOLD THE WIRE FOLKS! I was listening to 103.3 and they were discussing the possibilities of this becoming a reality and I guess sources close to the Cowboys organization say that Jones is really high on Stoops and that is as far as it goes. Nothing more. I was statin my opinion from it.

mock my words...you'll see stoops coaching in the new cowboys stadium next year, its confirmed! :thumbsup:

I would not be surprised if it did in fact happen. Would I leave if I were Stoops? Heck no! Would I be opposed to him coaching the Cowboys? YES! I would prefer he stay at OU.

mock my words...you'll see stoops coaching in the new cowboys stadium next year, its confirmed! :thumbsup:

You have left me speechless Okie!!!!

Yep! Two..maybe three times!

haha either he'll be there for the red river rivalry or coaching at the cowboys as rumored haha either way...i win :thumbsup:

it was a joke though, i really don't see him leaving OU

haha either he'll be there for the red river rivalry or coaching at the cowboys as rumored haha either way...i win :thumbsup:

it was a joke though, i really don't see him leaving OU

I agree with you. It would have to take a lot for Stoops to leave Oklahoma. His family loves it here, he is embedded and very active within his Church community, and really enjoys it here. I am not saying he is the "next" Joe Pa, but i just could not see him leaving Sooner Nation any time soon.

Guest CNOrtega
WHOA......HOLD THE WIRE FOLKS! I was listening to 103.3 and they were discussing the possibilities of this becoming a reality and I guess sources close to the Cowboys organization say that Jones is really high on Stoops and that is as far as it goes. Nothing more. I was statin my opinion from it.

Sports radio is about as dependable as orangebloods.