Share the wealth

OldSchool

you have no argument... that much is apparent by the way you keep repeating yourself. I will state this one more time... you can not blame the way the world has turned out on parents nor can you blame it on the period in which some one grew up. sorry.

I never said you could, butch. Just that Dalmer's parents don't fit into the "great" category, regardless of what you believe.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said you could, butch. Just that Dalmer's parents don't fit into the "great" category, regardless of what you believe.

name calling great. I will definitely listen to you now...... not. Once again i gave my opinion and you can like it or not. i don't care. stop trying to make it all about you.

I am sorry but you can not blame all of life's failures on the way a child was raised.or what time period they grew up in. Jeffery dalmar was raised by wonderful parents and look at him. Schools should be made a top priority in this world. We are way behind in that area.

Oh, yes, I can blame. I'll tell you what should be a top priority, since some can't figure it out, or get on the internet to find out, or God forbid read a freaking book... it's called a PARENTING CLASS! And enforce, NO SPARING THE ROD!

And I can't even believe you ASSUME that Jeffrey Dalmer's parents were wonderful.... that statement belongs in the history books of being totally ignorant. And we're not way behind, ONLY some are behind... and the reason they're behind is because THEY'RE LAZY!!!!

Oh, yes, I can blame. I'll tell you what should be a top priority, since some can't figure it out, or get on the internet to find out, or God forbid read a freaking book... it's called a PARENTING CLASS! And enforce, NO SPARING THE ROD!

And I can't even believe you ASSUME that Jeffrey Dalmer's parents were wonderful.... that statement belongs in the history books of being totally ignorant. And we're not way behind, ONLY some are behind... and the reason they're behind is because THEY'RE LAZY!!!!

that is just about the most stupid thing i have heard. Yes we are behind all of us it is a fact look it up. Lazy, i have you know my child has learning disablities, lazy has nothing to do with it. i fought long and hard to get the help she deserved. i paid for it myself then fought to get her in programs that will help. Not lazy. and no you can't blame parents. and as to jeffery if you read maybe you will know what i was talking about. beating your kid will not help only make them angry and will never get the result you seek unless that is a group of angry, kids who have been taught to hit.

that is just about the most stupid thing i have heard. Yes we are behind all of us it is a fact look it up. Lazy, i have you know my child has learning disablities, lazy has nothing to do with it. i fought long and hard to get the help she deserved. i paid for it myself then fought to get her in programs that will help. Not lazy. and no you can't blame parents. and as to jeffery if you read maybe you will know what i was talking about. beating your kid will not help only make them angry and will never get the result you seek unless that is a group of angry, kids who have been taught to hit.

Wow. A manifesto for the weak and helpless.

I don't think Parent was even close to implying that all qualities of the child is the responsibility of the parent. But it's pretty self evident that the largest single component of the quality of the adult is the effort that went into raising him.

As for learning disabilities; some are for real, some are just discipline problems nobody had the patience to work through. One of the biggest is ADHD. Just drug 'em so they'll sit quiet and not bother the teacher.

Beating is a poorly defined term. Do you mean any form of corporal punishment, or slapping 'em upside the head with a brickbat? I got lots of spankings and swats in school. Like a mule, they had to get my attention before we could work on my discepline problems. I would not have been the same person without that attention. I'll leave it to others to determine whether that person would be better or worse.

As far as "taught to hit", my kids didn't require nearly as much remedial attention as I did.

Wow. A manifesto for the weak and helpless.

I don't think Parent was even close to implying that all qualities of the child is the responsibility of the parent. But it's pretty self evident that the largest single component of the quality of the adult is the effort that went into raising him.

As for learning disabilities; some are for real, some are just discipline problems nobody had the patience to work through. One of the biggest is ADHD. Just drug 'em so they'll sit quiet and not bother the teacher.

Beating is a poorly defined term. Do you mean any form of corporal punishment, or slapping 'em upside the head with a brickbat? I got lots of spankings and swats in school. Like a mule, they had to get my attention before we could work on my discepline problems. I would not have been the same person without that attention. I'll leave it to others to determine whether that person would be better or worse.

As far as "taught to hit", my kids didn't require nearly as much remedial attention as I did.

reread she did say that it was the moms and dads fault nt only that but if you grew up in the 60's you are at fault. and my kid does not have add adhd she has real diabilities thank you very much and spanking is not the answer.

reread she did say that it was the moms and dads fault nt only that but if you grew up in the 60's you are at fault. and my kid does not have add adhd she has real diabilities thank you very much and spanking is not the answer.

I'll ask you to read carefully now. I didn't imply that ADHD was your daughter's problem, nor did I imply that you should spank her to fix what ails her. I did suggest the possiblity that at least some of your daughter's percieved disabilities are the fault of people not patient enough to work them through.

You see, I also have a daughter that was 'diagnosed' with learning disabilities by people with a vested interest in that diagnosis.

If you weren't so oriented towards playing the poor me card, I'll bet you'd have been able to work through at least some of your own issues. That would put you in a lot better state to help your daughter work through hers.

I'll ask you to read carefully now. I didn't imply that ADHD was your daughter's problem, nor did I imply that you should spank her to fix what ails her. I did suggest the possiblity that at least some of your daughter's percieved disabilities are the fault of people not patient enough to work them through.

You see, I also have a daughter that was 'diagnosed' with learning disabilities by people with a vested interest in that diagnosis.

If you weren't so oriented towards playing the poor me card, I'll bet you'd have been able to work through at least some of your own issues. That would put you in a lot better state to help your daughter work through hers.

listen carefully i have worked through her problems. i need no help from you. i have no issues i need to wok on. i have opinions and you don't like them so you assume that i am stupid. how sad for you. i am not playing the poor me card. I don't believe in spanking to control. I don't think all of the worlds problems can be blamed on parents or the 60's. sorry. I can't help what you think of me nor do I give a flying flip.

listen carefully i have worked through her problems. i need no help from you. i have no issues i need to wok on. i have opinions and you don't like them so you assume that i am stupid. how sad for you. i am not playing the poor me card. I don't believe in spanking to control. I don't think all of the worlds problems can be blamed on parents or the 60's. sorry. I can't help what you think of me nor do I give a flying flip.

I'm not offering any help, just my opinion.

We'll just have to agree to disagree that you have no issues to work on.

I think if you read back in this thread or others where we've had words, you'll find that even where I call you a dummy or a pinhead, I don't talk down to you. I have not concluded that you are stupid.

You're playing of the 'poor me' card would cover a thread all by itself. Occasionally there are threads like that, pointing out who likes to play victim. I expect you to be the brightest star in the next thread.

It's too bad about that 'flying flip' thing. I'd like to see that.

I'm not offering any help, just my opinion.

We'll just have to agree to disagree that you have no issues to work on.

I think if you read back in this thread or others where we've had words, you'll find that even where I call you a dummy or a pinhead, I don't talk down to you. I have not concluded that you are stupid.

You're playing of the 'poor me' card would cover a thread all by itself. Occasionally there are threads like that, pointing out who likes to play victim. I expect you to be the brightest star in the next thread.

It's too bad about that 'flying flip' thing. I'd like to see that.

i am sure you would. as to your opinion, you hhave every right to it. i have every right to tell you i don't care about it. if that makes me have issues, oh well. once again, I do not think that the world is messed up because of the 60's or because some one mom/dad did not spank them. Maybe it is messed up because people are unwilling to work with others who have a different opinion than the one they hold.

i am sure you would. as to your opinion, you hhave every right to it. i have every right to tell you i don't care about it. if that makes me have issues, oh well. once again, I do not think that the world is messed up because of the 60's or because some one mom/dad did not spank them. Maybe it is messed up because people are unwilling to work with others who have a different opinion than the one they hold.

I don't think you have issues because we disagree. I think you have issues because you have displayed a complete inability for taking any responsibility for anything. And I mean anything.

You might be right with your last sentence, but I'd do that 'cast the first stone' reality check if I were you.

I don't think you have issues because we disagree. I think you have issues because you have displayed a complete inability for taking any responsibility for anything. And I mean anything.

You might be right with your last sentence, but I'd do that 'cast the first stone' reality check if I were you.

what responsibility do i need to take?