Rick Warren, Obama and the Left...

UnknownLegend

Interesting... the Left-Wing of the Democrat party seems obsessed with snatching defeat from the jaws of possible victory with this cannibalistic fervor to impose a narrowly-defined Leftist paradigm upon Obama's presidency: WSJ article

...for about a generation, many on the left have believed that active and unapologetic intolerance of the right was justified because its views on matters such as abortion and gay rights were simply unacceptable. This moral somersault may work for them, but to the average American voter, a full-throated assault on the likes of Rick Warren for being "wrong" on two of many issues looks like simple intolerance.

The person in this drama for whom the leftwing Democratic habit of moralized intolerance could be a problem is Barack Obama. The left loaded up heavily in its support of candidate Obama, first against the Clinton machine -- always thought to be too willing to compromise with the center -- and then in the general campaign. These elements in the Democratic Party know what they want Barack Obama to deliver on judges, the environment, global warming and lifestyle rights litigation.

Mr. Obama's choice of Rick Warren for the Inaugural's invocation suggests that he is intent on using the momentum of his remarkable victory to build a governing coalition for the long haul. The silver lining for Republicans may be that the left won't let him do that.

Yep... this is gonna be a helluva four years. :thumbsup:

O'Reily says that Barack Hussein Obama is more intelligent and a better politician than William Jefferson Clinton. I'm starting to buy it!

Obama has to be careful... the Lefto Mafia might be po'ed if he doesn't do their favors...in which I hope he can control Pelosi and Reid :thumbdown:

Obama has to be careful... the Lefto Mafia might be po'ed if he doesn't do their favors...in which I hope he can control Pelosi and Reid :thumbdown:

You are correct D. They have thought all along once they got him elected, he would be their puppet. Time will tell if that is the case. I'm beginning to believe what O'Reilly's comparison, which is terrifying.

You are correct D. They have thought all along once they got him elected, he would be their puppet. Time will tell if that is the case. I'm beginning to believe what O'Reilly's comparison, which is terrifying.

I haven't even looked at who Pelosi until a couple weeks ago...

Hillary is like a sugar and spice Bo Peep doll compared to Pelosi

That's the thing... I'm not sure if it's a case of naivete, ignorance, or just downright arrogance but I don't think Obama truly understood the divisive nature of the Democrat party.

While the Republican camp has a broad spectrum of adherents, ranging from the more secular "libertarian" wing of the party to the theonomic "religious right" contingent, there is generally more of an approach of forsaking the petty skirmishes to win the broader war for Republicans than the Democrats.

In recent years (and especially those spent in DC) I have observed the pervasive mindset of entitlement amongst the Democrats... such that each frond of the fringe thinks themselves the most vital aspect of the Democrat party.

The Black Caucus says: "The candidate better make us happy or we won't turn out!" The Planned Parenthood/Abortionist lobby says: "The candidate better make us happy or we won't turn out!" The Feminazi NOWers say: "The candidate better make us happy or we won't turn out!" The GLBTers say: "The candidate better make us happy or we won't turn out!"

So, candidate Obama promises each group the moon and is everything to everyone... he speaks the typical liberal agitprop, appeals to the moderates with a "reform" meta-narrative (see: "change") and even throws the evangelicals a bone by buddying-up with the current religious rock star (see: Nixon/Reagan and Billy Graham).

As a result of all this (and enough weary Republicans sitting this one out) the Democrat candidate wins... and now it's time to pay the check.

This recent flap is but a harbinger of what's to come.

O'Reilly's definitely right on that comparison! Clinton was just flat stupid - Obama isn't.

It's going to get interesting to see if Obama pays back the people that got him there, or if he actually is so "I don't think so", that he'll be in the middle, sometimes leaning conservative. I would seriously like to be a fly on the wall when he has a sit down chat with Pelosi, Frank, et al.

But I'm still not convinced that he's in the middle, or even leaning that way....I still think it's a ploy to get the idiot middlers to take up the chant...

If you take the scenario that all of this was orchestrated anyway....the rest would be a breeze.

It's going to get interesting to see if Obama pays back the people that got him there, or if he actually is so "I don't think so", that he'll be in the middle, sometimes leaning conservative.

I think he, like Clinton, will spend 4 (or 8) years attempting to ensure his legacy... take that how you will. ;)

Attempting is right!

It's later than you think.

With the MSM in his back pocket and having tingles run up their collective legs, it shouldn't be too difficult. Watch for every minor accomplishment to be lionized and every misstep attempt to be ignored (see: Clinton, Bill).

This is going to be the antithesis of the Bush presidency.