No Refusal DWI Laws

Fivehead

People watch too much tv and think they can last longer than they actually can in a smokey environment. In many cases, all it takes is one breath of smoke laden air to cause you to pass out. After that, you die.

Exacty. What they fail to realize is that their lungs could be seared with just one breath of super-heated smoke.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She was in sight, she was unconcious, I was there. The FD was a full time department and the fire was on a long winding lake road at LEAST 5 miles from the fire station (yes, it's easy to know how far it is from the fire station as I worked there for 6 1/2 years). I know they were there asleep because it was after midnight and they were always asleep at that time. I was there som much longer than they were because the fire was called in while I was already on the lake road patrolling.

Yes, I'd do it again.

Anyway, I see you're not going to answer my scenario becaus eyou know you would put yourself in the same situation as I did. And by you admitting that, it means you couldn't argue with me anymore.

Bleeds wrote: "BTW, you know diddly about what I think."

Okay, so if I'm wrong about what you think it means that you think that finding some crack rocks ina shack is just as important as trying to save a child from a house fire. Some fireman you are.

Exacty. What they fail to realize is that their lungs could be seared with just one breath of super-heated smoke.

...and the blood-gas testing thing ####.

That's cool... neighbors sometimes do things we don't want them doing. Cops, on the other hand, should know better and do their job (crowd control) when they arrive onscene rather than freelance as 50 did.

Trying to save a child is "freelancing."

Classic. I see where your community service streak is.

She was in sight, she was unconcious, I was there. The FD was a full time department and the fire was on a long winding lake road at LEAST 5 miles from the fire station (yes, it's easy to know how far it is from the fire station as I worked there for 6 1/2 years). I know they were there asleep because it was after midnight and they were always asleep at that time. I was there som much longer than they were because the fire was called in while I was already on the lake road patrolling.

Yes, I'd do it again.

She was dead. The fact that you freelanced and exposed your family to losing you for a body recovery is inexplicable. You should have been written up. Clearly, you do play the "I'm better than a firefighter" game. Sad.

BTW... my analogy was spot on. However, in your analogy I take cover, as I have no CHL.

Okay. You have now spiraled down to the level of your little buddy BEF with your statement "Some fireman you are."

So, since you've made it personal, let's do it.

Your attempts to do the job of the firefighter reveals a lot about you. First, it shows you don't care that you put others in peril so you can try to be a hero. Second, it shows you don't respect the job of a firefighter. Third, it shows that even though you were corrected using facts and statistics by two career firefighters, you prefer to hang onto that cop attitude thing and, when your arguement grows thin, you resort to trashing the firefighter. Fourth, it shows you have no regard for your family by putting yourself in a situation in which you should have never been in the first place. And fifth, it shows you have no regard for your department, since you ignored the duties of the PD at the fire (your duties) so you could try unsuccessfully to be the hero.

You like to sit back and look down your nose at firefighters, as you have made obvious time and time again, both on SDC and the Oaks. You have tipped your hand too many times for anyone to believe you hold firefighters in any regard other than disdain. Get off you cop high-horse. The facts BluePirate and I have given you could save your life, but you're too busy playing the measuring game to admit you might be wrong.

Regardless of the scenario, me putting myself in the position to do your job, without the training or the equipment is just as wrong as you doing the same. I'm not a cop. Never wanted to be a cop. But if I was, I'd be smart enough to know what my job was at the scene of a fire. And playing wannabe cop hero is not it.

Pathetic.

Okay. If it's not freelancing, what is it? Did you receive training on how to do it? Is it a part of your on-scene protocols? If it is neither of those, then you were freelancing. Whether you want to admit it or not changes nothing.

Freelancing kills.

As for your juvenile comment regarding my community service, I challenge you to ask the guys I've worked with for the last 24 years about me and community service. I won't go into detail on here because that would be self-serviing. Suffice it to say there are organizations, local, statewide, national, and international who have benefitted from my community service.

Try again. Perhaps you could say something rude about my mother.

I realize cops like you think they can be heroes at structure fires but it was a body recovery.

Are you really questioning my community service?

BTW Rico Tubbs, when we get an alarm, even if it's in the middle of the night and we're asleep, we're out of the station in less than a minute, and in most cases, in less than 30 seconds.

Try again.

She was dead. The fact that you freelanced and exposed your family to losing you for a body recovery is inexplicable. You should have been written up. Clearly, you do play the "I'm better than a firefighter" game. Sad.

BTW... my analogy was spot on. However, in your analogy I take cover, as I have no CHL.

I would place myself in danger to save your child. Thanks for letting me know you would not do the same for me. I'll be sure to avoid your company at all costs.

...and the blood-gas testing thing ####.

Can we take by that you received medical treatment as the result of your attempt at heroism? If so, you can add a sixth observation to my list. By operating outside the scope of your training and equipment, you have now become a burden on the budget of the city.

I realize cops like you think they can be heroes at structure fires but it was a body recovery.

Are you really questioning my community service?

True, but I didn't know that at the time. I wanted her to live, you'll have to excuse me for doing the best I could until fire/rescue arrived. I'll do the same in the future.

As far as being a hero cop.....at that moment, it never crossed my mind that I was being a hero, or a cop. I was being a human.

Can we take by that you received medical treatment as the result of your attempt at heroism? If so, you can add a sixth observation to my list. By operating outside the scope of your training and equipment, you have now become a burden on the budget of the city.

As opposed to your burden on humanity as a whole? I'll take the trade off any day.

Get your ego in check. You need serious help. I'm done. You and your cheer leader can have it.

As opposed to your burden on humanity as a whole? I'll take the trade off any day.

Get your ego in check. You need serious help. I'm done. You and your cheer leader can have it.

And who would know more about ego than you? You have an ego the size of Texas that will eventually get you into a situation from which you can't extricate yourself.

I'm right on all six points and you know it. And what's worse, you're okay with it.

Pathetic.

I would place myself in danger to save your child. Thanks for letting me know you would not do the same for me. I'll be sure to avoid your company at all costs.

Your family deserves for you to make better decisions onscene. Unlike you, I don't want lives risked to save a body.

There's a rule in firefighting: Risk a lot to save a lot; risk a little to save a little; risk nothing to save nothing.

^

Emotion, used in a context so as to paint BluePirate in a bad light and Five0 in a heroic light.

I wanted her to live, you'll have to excuse me for doing the best I could until fire/rescue arrived. I'll do the same in the future.

As far as being a hero cop.....at that moment, it never crossed my mind that I was being a hero, or a cop.

Tell me... what did you hope to gain by saving a body if not notoriety?

Loosen your duty belt, Starsky. You're having trouble breathing.

BTW, thanks for letting us have it. After I put the fire out, I'll let you change my air bottle... if there isn't any traffic for you to control.