The GOP's White Supremacy

UnknownLegend

The main article can be found here.

...John McCain lost by a margin of 90% among African-Americans, and 2 to 1 among other ethnic and racial minority groups, and young people. The future hardly belongs to a party who is falling further and further behind among the fastest-growing demographic groups, and among those who will be voting for decades to come.

As it shrinks, the GOP is becoming ever-whiter, more male, more Southern, more Christian-centric, and increasingly unable to appeal to voters, or potential candidates who do not fit its narrow mold.

The party's hopes seem to be resting on Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, and on Sarah Palin, which says a lot about the GOP's difficulty in recruiting diverse talent, partly because of the party's stringent litmus tests on social issues...

Lest this forum turn into an echo chamber, I thought it might be interesting for some of you to interact with the points brought forth in this essay.

The question is not whether the Republicans have made themselves obsolete by standing on their moral principles. They very well may have. The question is whether or not this nation will continue to exist in the future as it mutates into an amorphous Godless polyglot, or whether our selfish hedonism and boneheaded devotion to multiculturalism at the expense of a national identity will consign us to the historical scrap heap of failure.

White males of European descent built this nation. We deserve consideration, not scorn and ridicule. We are willing to stand on principle at the expense of popularity, unlike the Democrats who seem willing to prostitute themselves to anyone and everyone in exchange for a vote.

Good day, sir.

This looks like a fun thread to jump into! I am a conservative and a Republican. The next 4 years of Nobama are going to be "hell on earth" for us. Conservatives are strong, disciplined, Godly people who can endure 4 years of anything, even this! This presidency is going to make a lot of folks hit their knees and pray that it is soon over. There will be many who voted for Nobama that are waiting on their check to "pay their mortgage" and "fill up their cars" and they are going to be plenty #### when the check never comes. Nobama is a disgrace to this country and it is a sad day that we must watch him systematically destroy the foundation of our country over the next 4 years. To fellow conservatives and Republicans, I say, don't give in, stay the course, because in 4 years everything will change. We will be back and even the liberals will be ready for a change. I'm counting the days!

I find it humorous that the Republican party is increasingly portrayed as the party of racist whites. If anything, this past election has proven that the biggest group of racists in this country are the African Americans, who proved such by voting for Obama indiscriminately. If not for the white vote that Obama received, he could never have won.

If we, as Republicans, are destined to lose every election for eternity because of the refusal to back down from our core beliefs, then I say so be it. I feel no disgrace in standing on principle rather than jumping on the social bandwagon. Call me a racist if you will, but I would have voted for Obama if he were a black, conservative Republican with no ties to radical muslims or domestic terrorists.

This looks like a fun thread to jump into! I am a conservative and a Republican. The next 4 years of Nobama are going to be "hell on earth" for us. Conservatives are strong, disciplined, Godly people who can endure 4 years of anything, even this! This presidency is going to make a lot of folks hit their knees and pray that it is soon over. There will be many who voted for Nobama that are waiting on their check to "pay their mortgage" and "fill up their cars" and they are going to be plenty #### when the check never comes. Nobama is a disgrace to this country and it is a sad day that we must watch him systematically destroy the foundation of our country over the next 4 years. To fellow conservatives and Republicans, I say, don't give in, stay the course, because in 4 years everything will change. We will be back and even the liberals will be ready for a change. I'm counting the days!

Welcome to SDC!! :happy65:

Beware of those who use crafty speech as a means to try to sell you a pile of dung masqueraded as a diamond mine.

Pray for the left wing liberals. They are too stupid to pray! Also, pray that the next 4 years go quickly so Nobama will be gone. He is a disgrace & an embarrassment. Pray, pray, pray cause as conservative Republicans that is what we do. There is a distinct probability that Nobama is knee deep in the Blogo scandal and let's pray that he gets impeached. I think Blogo will take some folks down with him before this deal in Chicago is over and maybe one will be Nobama and another will be Rahm Emmanuel. Two thugs runnin' the show in DC - pray, pray, pray!!!!!! For the record, no I'm not a racist -- it's not a "white" thing -- it's a "right" thing!!!!

Pray for the left wing liberals. They are too stupid to pray! Also, pray that the next 4 years go quickly so Nobama will be gone. He is a disgrace & an embarrassment. Pray, pray, pray cause as conservative Republicans that is what we do. There is a distinct probability that Nobama is knee deep in the Blogo scandal and let's pray that he gets impeached. I think Blogo will take some folks down with him before this deal in Chicago is over and maybe one will be Nobama and another will be Rahm Emmanuel. Two thugs runnin' the show in DC - pray, pray, pray!!!!!! For the record, no I'm not a racist -- it's not a "white" thing -- it's a "right" thing!!!!

Obama is the least of your concerns.

I'd be highly thinking about the people in that Senate and the House. They are the ones that will bend our newly pres-elect over his backside.

Dline - I agree the House & Senate are a big problem but Harry Reid is such a light weight that I'm not sure he has much influence & Nancy Pelosi is just plain stupid. She can't even complete a coherent sentence. It is pathetic that these idiots are running the show. We will be in such a mess at the end of the next 4 years, that it will take conservatives 10 years to undo the cluster. Maybe Americans will wake up over the next 2 years and replace the liberal left majority in both the House & Senate. If not, the last 2 years will be a complete beatdown. This is really scary if you think about it. In my wildest dreams I could never imagine this scenario playing out anywhere except in a movie. OMG - hang on for a wild ride!