Police

OBTS

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and BEF need to go back and read this thread. There is no denying my defense of your job and your profession. But the phenomenon of "cop attitude" is real. And that, in and of itself is enough for me to at least question if that defense is/was even appreciated.

You and BEF need to go back and read this thread. There is no denying my defense of your job and your profession. But the phenomenon of "cop attitude" is real. And that, in and of itself is enough for me to at least question if that defense is/was even appreciated.

Bleeds, we have never denied your defense of our job. Matter of fact, I think that someone might have even said "thank you" for the support. Now granted the phenomenon of "cop attitude" does exist, but it hasn't been on display here. It isn't "cop attitude" when we defend our side of the fence, nor is it "cop attitude" when we defend what we know to be right. To understand our job is simple, once you step into our world and do our job 24/7.

There would be no way to understand the life of a fire fighter unless I stepped in and did that job full time. But why question if your defense was appreciated? I believe you already know the answer to that question.

Where have I implied that I did not appreciate your defense of police work. Does doing so mean I have to agree with you on everything else? Because from what i can see, it just looks like you're just mad because I had the gall to disagree with you on another topic.

No, that is exactly what we do. But I suppose that you think that a grocery bag clerk is more noble than law enforcement.

I tell you what, and you can take this to the bank, I know for a fact that I can do your job. As a teenager and in my early 20's I worked in several grocery stores. But now here is the true challenge...

Why don't you head to the nearest police department and "attempt" at making it through the police academy? I'll give you three months to do it. After the three months is up, I'll be willing to bet that you didn't have enough intestinal fortitude to even attempt it.

Care to take me up on it?

Didn't think so.

I think that there are people standing in line to do both jobs...there are Noble people doing both jobs, also there are not so noble people doing both jobs...and the ones that think there job is more important than the others, I would put in the not so noble catergory.

I respect the person that can be a lowly grocery bagger....when they could have been like so many others and sat at home waiting for a govt check.